It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese officials drain reservoir after locals complain about a monster in it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is just too wild.

www.ananova.com...

Story snippet: (from external source)
Officials in China emptied a reservoir after residents complained a monster was lurking in its depths.

Locals claimed they heard 'Moo' sounds coming from the water at night, reports the Western China City Daily.

Hongxian township government instructed the Yongfu Hydropower plant to empty its reservoir even though it had only been open for two months.

www.ananova.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Lolz, now if they only did this with lock ness

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Branchly]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Would an animal somehow get in so soon after completion??Im thinking its sounds from the new machinery.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Branchly
Lolz, now if they only did this with lock ness

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Branchly]

Love to see someone try! a loch is a little different to an artificial reservoir, in order to 'drain' a loch you would have to raise every single litre of water, if you consider every cubic metre of water weighs a metric tonne then every litre weighs 1kg, you could probably figure out how much that little lot would weigh. Then you would have the problem of relocating that water!

And yes the (slightly) clever amongst you will say you could simply syphon the water in to the sea - well maybe only the top 15 meters, cos that is how high the surface is above sea level - you would still have to physically 'lift' the remaining 215 meters!

Also you may have a few peed off scots chase you out of the country

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hey they don't joke around. I wish all crytozoology research could be so straight forward.

And for the "moo" sound coming at night. It was probably some cows skinny dipping.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Testrat....... I'm with you. This is pretty cool that they actually drained the reservoir. Here in the United States the government would not go to these lengths to uppease the public demand. It's sort of refreshing really.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I would agree that draining the Res. was a suprising thing to do, based on the information provided... only having audible hearsay.

But I have to wonder, with nothing found.... will they attempt somthing like this again in the future?

There would have to be some type of reprocussion.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi,

this subject have been post on cryptozoology.com few weeks ago and there was an article with a picture and i think it was a hoax because the so-called monster was a WHALESHARK, yes a whaleshark in an artificial reservoir!!!!!
he measured around 3 or 4 meters long and it was say he had eat people.....

Tourist attraction!!!!

[edit on 13-9-2007 by ufopunx]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Also you may have a few peed off scots chase you out of the country

What a great idea! Throw in some hops and tell the Scottish it's beer, they could then drink it and pee it into the ocean.

Genius!

top topics

join