It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser beam attack on passenger jet pilots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Laser beam attack on passenger jet pilots

www.news.com.au

A QANTAS jet carrying 111 passengers had a laser shone directly at the cockpit as it made a landing approach over Brisbane's inner north last night.

Mr Gibson said that over the past 18 months more than 170 incidents of commercial aircraft being targeted by laser beams had been reported in Australia.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No accidents so far but the amount of incidents that continue is rather alarming. They have yet to find any of the sources.
These events have been going on for 18months, can't believe this is the first I've heard of it.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is premium UFO news. very exciting. this thread you opened should probably flourish for months.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I don't really see the UFO link yet - any none can buy pretty powerful lasers off the internet (many times stronger than those pointer things) for example here

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This is premium UFO news.

I suspect it is more likely that some kids or a 'no all together adult' is shining a laser at planes versus ETs zapping the pilots with no apparent effect.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
yes...I take back what I said in my earlier post. After reading the entire article, they are actually talking about light-beams that anyone can shine up there.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ok, so I've found hundreds of incidents worldwide of idiots aiming laser pointers at aircarft over the last few years.
Various theories have been put forth and terrorist links have been inverstigated.
I just don't understand why would someone do this?
If there isn't an agenda, are they just bored idiots passing time or what?
Do they just want to see what happens? Is this a new trend?

More Reports of Lasers Shot Into Cockpits
Search For Laser Pointed At Commercial Jets

top topics

join