It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does a doll become a baby?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

When does a doll become a baby?

www.chronicleli ve.co.uk

Business is booming for a Tyneside couple who turn dolls into highly lifelike companions for the childless. MITYA UNDERWOOD met them
A BAG of lifelike eyes hangs on the wall of the Scotts’ loft. Like something out of a horror film there are heads, legs and arms strewn
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ok this is just creepy. I just don't understand the popularity. Well, sort of I guess. But it is still creepy!

www.chronicleli ve.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Another passtime for the mentally unstable, or worse, pediphiles, etc.

The good thing is it could help the senile eldelry pass time and for companionship.

Very strange.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
About 20 years ago when I was working at Disneyland, every so often we used to have problems with women taking these dolls out from their bags or under their coats in the middle of a ride. We would suddenly see a baby on camera riding on, say, Space Mountain, when we knew there had been no baby there at dispatch.

Following safety procedures we would break the ride down, of course, causing 30 - 45 minute delays for everyone in line! Time and time again, it was one of these substitute real life looking "babys".

It creeped me out then, and it creeps me out now.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Reminds me of the old I love Lucy episode where she carries a cheese on board an airplane and pretends its a baby and then ends up getting rid of the cheese and is accused of having done away with the baby.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
YES!!! How funny, that is exactly it, but even weirder with the emotional aspect connected to it.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well there are dolls for every one, not just for lonely mothers.

Warning: Bare plastic dolls !

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

rocksolidbrain--You have an urgent u2u

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Jbird]

apc

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The good thing is it could help the senile eldelry pass time and for companionship.

Ug... that's what cats are for!

I would love to get my hands on one of these. I see myself sitting down to a picnic bench, laying down the baby, whipping out a steak knife and BBQ sauce...

Or more innocently just pretending to sneeze and cough up a lung all over it while feeding it. In a busy shopping mall that would be sure to entertain me to no end.

Of course when I was done with it I would have to leave it wrapped in newspaper on top of a dumpster somewhere.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by apc]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Reminds me of the old I love Lucy episode where she carries a cheese on board an airplane and pretends its a baby and then ends up getting rid of the cheese and is accused of having done away with the baby.

Oh, man..I just saw that episode.
The best quote was from Ricky.
"I'm NOT the father of that cheese!"

top topics

join