It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's On! Bombing of Iran to begin w/out question soon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, this is pretty much it. And unlike what this story says, expect the bombing to begin weeks -- if not days -- and not months.

There's a little disinfo with this FOXNews story. Pentagon and Administration officials are not "just beginning" to craft bombing plans. Those plans are done and ready to execute. And actually, this is a little more nerve-wracking because it probably means the bombing will happen much sooner (sept. 14 anyone?). By stating that the bombing probably won't begin until after the primaries is a way to put Iran's guard down.

My biggest worries are Russian response to our bombing campaign -- as they have been very showy militarily lately, and I don't think Putin would bat an eye at going to the brink with the U.S. over Iran -- and an Israeli response if Iran is successful in stirring up Hezbollah or another type of terrorist attack in the country.

In the end, this is inevitable. Bush/Cheney wanted this as much as he wanted the Iraq war, and diplomacy was doomed to failure as a result. Batten down the hatches everyone and get ready for a real scary ride....

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As sensationalist as this sounds, it pretty much echos the fears I've been having for the last few months about an Iranian escalation leading to nuclear exchange between Russia and the USA.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow,
Could this be an un-said reasoning behind ole Vladdie's dissolution of the Russian Government? It concerns me that maybe the Russian Government didn't agree with him on "certain directions" he was taking them.

Just my speculation.
Cuhail

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by koytetsu
As sensationalist as this sounds, it pretty much echos the fears I've been having for the last few months about an Iranian escalation leading to nuclear exchange between Russia and the USA.

You mean American escalation.

Are you prepared to be drafted? Or is occupation out of the question?

Do you think America would be safer to just bomb the crap out of Iran and not invade?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Wow,
Could this be an un-said reasoning behind ole Vladdie's dissolution of the Russian Government? It concerns me that maybe the Russian Government didn't agree with him on "certain directions" he was taking them.

Just my speculation.
Cuhail

Yes, I agree with this thought. I think Putin's dissolution of the gov't was as much a way to consolidate power as it was a vieled threat against our country to not go to war with Iran.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Originally posted by koytetsu

You mean American escalation.

Are you prepared to be drafted? Or is occupation out of the question?

Do you think America would be safer to just bomb the crap out of Iran and not invade?

When I said Iranian escalation I meant a universal military escalation in the Iranian theater, not that Iran would be at fault.

And no I'm not prepared to be drafted, but being Canadian I wouldn't be :p Though I am scared to death of the fact I won't even be safe in Canada should WW3 break out, no matter how far we distance ourselves from the conflict.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Let us not forget that the day before this article came out on Neo-Con Fox Propaganda Network, and article came out stating that Iran is close to ditching the dollar and is going to sell their oil for Euro's and Yen.
LINK TO ARTICLE

Wasn't Iraq wanting to the do the same? How's that for a "Coincidence Theory"

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How does America (not the people, I'm just generalising military and politics into 'America') think it can possibly win?

Look at Afghanistan. Beaten. Iraq? A defeat that's on par with Vietnam.

So, what are they thinking? To use nuclear weapons? End of the world. Massive air campaign? Didn't work with Iraq, wont work with Iran, sooner or later you gotta send in the ground troops.

Am I prepared to be drafted? Hell no. I'd like to see them try and force me to fight an illegal war that will result in the deaths of millions.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
maybe that's why they are testing the Russian super bomb !!

link..edition.cnn.com...

top topics

join