It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a quick question to believers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ive never had the chance to actually ask a believer in god this question.
Even if he was real and created everything we see around us then who created god and everything around that creator...and then who created that creator and everything around him? Do u think that there are a family of gods or something?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
God was and is. Immutable. The creating void.

Just for the sake of conversation, imagine man as lizards in a pet store pen.

They don't know how they got there or what tommorow holds, but they know 4 things within a matter of time. "we get hungry, we get thirsty, what we consume, we give back, and that lizard over there is looking pretty hot."

Man asks questions, and from those questions he gains knowledge.
We are wandering children to God. Constantly harming ourselves and eachother by not having the intelligence to forsee ever and all consequences of every and all action we make.

To some, God came from the mind of men. To thers, God always was.
Prophets state, God himself exists apart from this construct, but his hands and eyes are ever present.

Now, the question is will you throw away your integrity, lose your respect in the eyes of "smart" men like Richard Dawkins who is infuriated by the notion of faith? Possibly lose your life to follow what some think is a figment of imagination?

I personally believe a master of law and physic created all of this. All that is around us. I believe this entity existed prior to the creation, and I don't know the Lords history, only mans according to what he wrote.

We will not know the true nature of God until it is shown to us. Just as a baby cannot feed, until the mother allows it to.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maylian
Ive never had the chance to actually ask a believer in god this question.
Even if he was real and created everything we see around us then who created god and everything around that creator...and then who created that creator and everything around him? Do u think that there are a family of gods or something?

This is a paradox, the only answer is the universe or god was always there. If the universe was always there a creator like god is would not needed to create the universe. If god created the universe then something would have created god and that creator being created by another. At the end the answer would always be the same.
Correct me if i'm wrong...

[edit on 13-9-2007 by AncientVoid]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
er no...because we know the universe wasnt always there.
Of course know one knows what was there before. And its impossible for something to have just always been there so unless your suggesting god re creates himself every now?
And if god had been created by by another supreme being then wouldnt that contradict religion. Because it would show that god isnt the almighty being he is made out to be. It would show that god or the gods in this sense are nothing more than another form of life not to much different from humans...except maybe a longer life span.

But then if hat were true then who would say that all of the gods would think the same? surely they wouldnt.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

er no...because we know the universe wasnt always there.
Of course know one knows what was there before.

Just because the universe as we know it started with a big bang doesn't mean it had a beginning. The big bang simply describes how the universe expanded to what it is now from a singularity. But the initial singularity is still the universe, simply in a difference state and form. We have no evidence that there was a beginning.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   

And its impossible for something to have just always been there so unless your suggesting god re creates himself every now?

lol no, but if you go back to the very start it's always the same answer, it had to be created by chance or always be there.

And if god had been created by by another supreme being then wouldnt that contradict religion. Because it would show that god isnt the almighty being he is made out to be. It would show that god or the gods in this sense are nothing more than another form of life not to much different from humans...except maybe a longer life span.

But then if hat were true then who would say that all of the gods would think the same? surely they wouldnt.

Yeh i thought about that. I guess this question is something not meant for man As far as we know, it all started from the Big Bang...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
but why shouldnt it be meant for man? why do we not deserve the truth? why cant god proove once and for all that he is real? that the peoples word in the bible is real?

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
When i say it's not for men, i say that we would never understand it or never know. I agree with you as i also don't believe in god and some stuff in the bible is disproved already but that's off topic here...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
thats the problem these days..If something can be proven wrong against religion then those who follow it will just come up with a case of why the proof is wrong. and if it cant be proven against then to them its as good as truth.

new topics

top topics

join