It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombardier: Ground All Dash-8 Planes Worldwide!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just noticed this thread.

I see a lot of Dash 8's, I'm right under the flight path for Plymouth airport so I went and checked the photo gallery on their site, seems Air south west operate Dash 8-300's. We have had no accidents reported here.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well in this months Canadian Aviator they have a small blurb on the Q400 issues with SAS and the quite deal that has went down between SAS and Bombardier. After the huge flair up and undo negative attention that the Q400 received after the crashes the 2 companies have agreed to disagree.

The real answer though can be found in that SAS has now placed an order for around another 10 aircraft of both Q400s and CRJs. They are getting 10% off of them from what I heard from the article but if they really thought the plane was to blame that wouldn't be enough of a pay back to buy more.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess. Its quite obvious that SAS is the poster child for the whining child in this case.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here's a new related thread:

Bombardier delivered `gear-up Q400`, missing crucial bolt (by Harlequin)

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Today, a Dash 8 Q400 crashed in Buffalo, New York. 49 was killed...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BBC: Plane crash in NY state kills 49

One airport official said he had been told "the plane simply dropped off the radar screen".

Eyewitnesses spoke of hearing unusual sounds coming from the plane before it crashed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Terrible tragedy. Condolences to the families of those who were killed.

They do not know what caused it, suspect icing-up, preliminary.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
When i first heard of this on the BBC at 6am this morning one supposed eye witness described the left wing as being a little low, but at midday one of the fire-fighters in an interview stated that the aircraft plummeted straight down into the building. Does this class of aircraft carry black boxes to help find what caused this?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
Does this class of aircraft carry black boxes to help find what caused this?

Every commercial passenger aircraft carries flight data recorders.

They would not get certification otherwise.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The number of dead from the latest plane crash has been adjusted from 49 to 50. It turns out that an off-duty pilot was also on board.

BBC: Plane crash in NY state kills 50

The number of passengers is now thought to have numbered 45, after it was revealed that an off-duty pilot was also on board.

Also...:

BBC: 'The plane didn't sound normal'

He said: "It was [flying] nose down, hardly above the treetops, and its left wing was tilted slightly down."

"I did not see any landing gear. I saw the underbelly of the plane fairly well. There was nothing burning on the plane and no physical damage. Nothing seemed wrong, except it was on a bad path."

'Chainsaw on wood'

He said the plane was also making a worrying noise. "I know what a normal plane sounds like and this didn't sound normal."

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
According to the BBC breakfast news this morning the investigators have checked one of the flight recorders and found that the pilots were talking about a significant build up of ice upon the wing's and windscreen

BBC

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interesting development for Bombardier. They have delivered the first of 6 planes to Wideroe whose parent group is SAS has bought these planes. This is after SAS pulled all Q400's from service and they blamed it on Bombardier. Now they are buying planes from them again and guess what no one in the media cares! Surprise!!

www.flightglobal.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join