It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany warns citizens to avoid using Wi-Fi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Germany warns citizens to avoid using Wi-Fi

environment.independent.co.uk

Environment Ministry's verdict on the health risks from wireless technology puts the British government to shame.
By Geoffrey Lean
Published: 09 September 2007
People should avoid using Wi-Fi wherever possible because of the risks it may pose to health, the German government has said.

Its surprise ruling – the most damning made by any government on the fast-growing technology – will shake the industry and British ministers, and vindicates the questions that The Independent on Sunday has been raising over the past four months.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.informaworld.com
www.sec-ed.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I think this looks like an interesting turnaround regarding to this subject. We have been overloaded with new electromagnetic radiation devices the last decade in spite of a lot of unanswered questions regarding possible damage to our well-being. In my country (Holland) only local communities were able to take a stand against the installation of new UMTS antennas. Governments did nothing as long as there was no "sufficient" evidence of negative side effects.
I applaud this German ruling. First we need more research to be able to take precautions.

By the way, you can find loads of articles on research on this subject on link

It seems that:
WiFi networks have been installed in around 70 per cent of the UK’s secondary schools and half of all primaries but teachers are worried that this has been done “without any understanding of the possible long-term consequences”.
(link sec-ed.co.uk below)

environment.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-12-2007 by worldwatcher]

join