It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
reply to post by dgtempe

I think EB missed what I said about moderation. But think about what these pills do and why they are anti depressants/anxiety. They take away your pain by taking away passion/emotion and zombifies u. More so for the abusers.

SCP: I have 15 years experience as a psychotherapist. (Note: Not a psychiatrist.) I have also worked with addicts/alcoholics everyday of those 15 years. So I know a little something about addiction and how to do therapy. This is most definitely NOT the way anti-depressants work. A person with depression is making abnormally low amounts of seratonin, etc. the chemicals that help your brain function. When the amounts are too low, the brain slows way down in it's functioning. Hence, the name "depression", the brain's activities are depressed. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. It causes feelings of helplessness, extreme lethargy, lack of motivation, difficulty thinking clearly and mood swings, sometimes really lashing out at people. It can cause alot of other problems, too.
Anti-depressants do not just take away the pain, the make the endless pain go away, because they make the brain function like that of a normal person's. Think of it as thyroid meds, if you have low thyroid, you take thyroid replacement (natural is best, not synthetic). AD's simply make your brain work like a normal person. If a non-depressive takes them, they won't do very much, because thier serotonin and other brain chemicals are balanced. It is irresponsible of you in the extreme to practice medicine without a license. Did you know that people can die if they suddenly stop taking their meds? You could include the fact that they MUST taper them off gradually, or they could run into things like seizures and will have a huge increase in depression, even to the point of suicide.
I've suffered with major depression for 15 years or more, if I wasn't on AD meds, I'm sure I would have offed myself years ago. Given the choice, I'd sure as hell go for meds.

You also have some of your facts wrong. As someone pointed out earlier, Xanax is not an anti-depressant, it's a tranquilizer. It can be very addictive, one of the worst, but it is prescribed for anxiety, not depression. These are 2 separate and different disorders. If a person takes it only when they experience anxiety, such as EB describes, I've never known anyone to have a problem and it does help them. Not everyone reacts the same to the same medication. You may not necessarily experience EB's reaction.
I really take exception to your blanket statement of telling people to not use anti-depressants. For people with major depression, there simply is no other choice. Medicine hasn't come up with anything better at this point. These meds enable severely depressed people to hold jobs, have decent relationships and not curl up and die. Did you know that you can die from depression, if it's left untreated? Unless you've experienced this kind of debilitating depression, you have no idea what it's like. I say this because you're telling people not to take their A.D. meds and that tells me that you don't know much about depression, what it is and how it works.

As for the salvia, telling people to use that without the proper information is also irresponsible. Every book that you pick up on the preparation, use and growing of salvia will tell you that you should never do the first few times alone, as it can greatly upset your depth perception, balance and discernment about reality. If you're on the job and have a trip, I can't imagine what might happen to you or the patients you are working with. Since it does cause inverse tolerance, you have no idea when you might have an unexpected trip because of having built up a supply in your system.

As for pot, I've read a number of solid studies that say that if you learn how to do something the first time without pot, you will need to relearn it again while stoned. If you learn something the first time while you are high, you will simlply know how to do it while high and will need to relearn how to do it while not high.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   

A psychologist would tell a person to settle down. In some cases, patients are told to leave.

Only an absolute moron of a psychologist who has alot of hubris and knows nothing about how to do therapy with a client. When you react this way, you often won't have to worry about telling them to leave, they'll be out of the door as fast as their poor little legs can carry them. I know this from my own personal experiences when I first became a psychotherapist.

The first thing you need to know about the art of psychotherapy is the idea of transference and counter-transference. I'll bet Whaaa (I think it was you) can tell you all about that, if he has a B.S. in Psychology, it's a pretty basic term. Transference is when the client projects his issues on to the therapist. Counter-transference is when the therapist is not self-aware enough to know their own hot buttons/issues and responds out of that self-awareness to project THEIR issues onto the client - something which can easily mess up a client far more than they were originally when they walked in the door asking for help. The whole point of therapy is to help the client understand what their issues are, how they respond when these issues come up and how to be able to change their behavior through that awareness. This cannot happen, no way, no how, if the therapist doesn't know what their own shortcomings and issues are. IOW, a good therapist has examined their Shadow (dark side, which we all have), accepted their imperfections and isn't "charged" when someone pushes their buttons - and a client will always push the therapist's buttons, it's the nature of the work.
Here's how a good, competent therapist would handle it:
The client says something to provoke your anger, in this case the client called you out on your stuff. You NEVER take the one-up position by telling him to settle down. Ever notice what happens when you tell an upset person that? They become lots more hostile and angry and for very good reason. What you are in effect telling them is that you are superior to them because you can keep your cool and they can't. It also tips your hand to the client that you are trying to control them and worst of all, patronize them, as if you know better and are above losing your cool. Everyone loses their cool at some point, we all have a breaking point and if you don't, you're probably either dead or not human. People in Italy shout, scream, yell and emote with their hands all the time; you'll notice they don't have a high rate of heart attack and stroke because they let their feelings out, unlike Americans who are too busy stuffing all their feelings with food, alcohol, TV and other forms of unhealthy distractions. For some reason, Americans think people should never be angry, distraught or even upset. If they are, they are deemed hysterical or shut up in the nuthouse and often show up at therapist's offices in hopes of convincing themselves that they really aren't crazy like the rest of the world thinks/tells them they are. Only to be told to settle down or told to leave. You know, if you told a client to leave every time they got hostile or angry, you'd never have any clients, not a one. Nor should you, because you're just compounding their problems and risk doing serious emotional harm to them.
Instead, the first thing you need to ask yourself when confronted with anger and/or hostility is to ask yourself if the client's accusations about you have any truth to them or not. This requires honesty and courage, also practice and then it gets much easier. After having ascertained the truth of the accusations, first admit your mistakes/shortcomings to the client. "Yes, it's true that sometimes I struggle with my control issues. It's important that we both know this in order to work together, so that I don't project my issues onto you. But I don't want to spend your dime on this session talking about myself, we're here to work together on your concerns. I noticed your tone was perhaps a little hostile. (Doesn't matter if the client tried to throw you through the window, you still use understated comments, if they're understated enough, your client will laugh and you will both relax and let go of any tension you might have.) This is also a good place to make a kind of self-deprecating joke about yourself. It is role modeling behavior to help the client learn how to laugh at themselves and their foibles. Next, you ask the client, "I noticed your tone was perhaps a little hostile. Do you feel hostile right now? If client says yes, ask would you like to tell me a little more about those feelings of hostility? Subsequent questions can be "where do you feel it in your body?" "I notice your foot is shaking rapidly - if your foot could talk what would it say?" How does your foot feel? You ask these questions because a body part gives a good starting point for the client on unraveling what is going on with them beneath the surface and it helps to get them in touch with their bodies and feelings. The idea here is to collaborate, not make pronouncements from on high to the client, who already feels like 2 cents to begin with when they show up at your office.
It's late now, so I will stop here.

EB and whaaa, thanks so much for the wonderful laughs, you 2 made me really smile and laugh out loud, you silly guys.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

EB and whaaa, thanks so much for the wonderful laughs, you 2 made me really smile and laugh out loud, you silly guys.

FL....no problemo. Anything we can do to bring a little levity to your life!! That's what I'm here for anyway.....

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
LMAO, i wasn't expecting three answers, but hey the more advice the better

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Phantom....here's my two cents:

If you have a plan as to why you want to go to school and what you want to do when you get out, then go to school. If you have no idea why you are going to school and just want to go just to go, then wait. Wait until you have a clear idea of why you are going and what you want to do when you get out. That is how you will get the most out of it.
thats actually a good idea, and you're right on the ball.. i have no idea what i would do when i got out of school, if i go i would probably just get my general ed out of the way and then i figured i would have a better idea by then.. who knows, maybe i wouldn't

Being in school with no plan is a waste of time.

is this coming from someone who has experienced this?

thanks EB, i appreciate your advice

Phantom, I'll be more than glad to help answer.

Use your job to make that paper and then invest it. If I were you, I would consider trading away USD$, it's not worth anything anymore. Invest in precious metals or other currencies to help you with a retirement pension.
What precious metals do you recommend and how is this going to help me in the future?

Definitely continue educating yourself, but try to stay away from Community or State colleges unless you are looking to be a physicist, Doctor or Lawyer..etc.
I agree it is a good thing to educate myself, and I have been, just without school.. school is kind of a different education, i guess. If I did go back to school it would be a community college, why should i not go unless i was going to be a physicist, doctor or lawyer?

The elite of the world are dying off and they need replacements.

True, true.. thanks SLP

reply to post by whaaa

hmm, that idea really tickles my fancy.. hehehehe, thanks for the expert advice

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Being in school with no plan is a waste of time.

is this coming from someone who has experienced this?

Yes.....I initially went to college to get my father off of my back. I told him I didn't want to go until I figured out what I wanted to do with myself. He insisted that if I didn't go right out of high school I would never go. So, I went to the University of Oregon as a Computer Science major. I wasn't the least bit into it. My father wanted me to be an engineer. I didn't have a clue what I wanted. So, what did I do? I partied my brains out. I squeaked by my first semester with a 2.8 and then my second semester I didn't even go to any classes. I just partied....

Complete waste of time and money. Years later I figured out what I wanted and went back on my own dime and got by BS in Business....I still want to get my masters or go to law school.....

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Phantom, if you want to go to a prestigious school, then go. If not Ivy league, don't bother. Even big schools like Penn St. and other state schools are a waste.

LMAO...where did you go to school SCP?? Anything non-Ivy League is a waste? That is the most pathetic thing to come out of your computer yet...

Why are state schools a waste? I want a real answer, not your usual gibberish....

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Unless you've experienced this kind of debilitating depression, you have no idea what it's like. I say this because you're telling people not to take their A.D. meds and that tells me that you don't know much about depression, what it is and how it works.

Thanks for the long posts forestlady! I appreciate your input coming from an expert's point of view. I will read your posts again for a second time later tonight.

I wanted to talk about what you said in that quote up there. Drugs mask the symptoms, they don't heal them. A person with low seratonin is only like that because they are lost and confused, with no sense of purpose.

I do know alot about depression. I was taking those pills myself. Xanax and other forms of Alprozalam. I know that they made me a zombie. And I also know that I am happier today when I switched to marijuana, magnesium, eliminated toxins from my body, stopped eating meat, drink imported green tea daily. My road to salvation started when I stopped medicating myself. Now, I dont even get headaches anymore. My backpain plaguing me for years has gone away also. Working as a paramedic for 5 years ruined my back .I was taking painkillers and realized that they only hide the symptoms temporarily. The pills don't cure. Holistic healing is how to cure anything, even mental illness.

Phantom, this is for you. Gold (AU) The dollar has lost all of it's value. Invest to save for a good education. Prestige is what counts if your looking to become part of the elite, otherwise, work and pay taxes. There are 2 types of people in this world. Maybe your looking for the gray area? Just save up and dont waste your money to spark an emotional high. Get your peptides going in other ways, learn everything, become a jack of all trades and money will come to you. Alternative medicine is where you should focus your attention. Open an immunity boosting clinic.

EB, before I talk to you again, I want to know what you meant by "coming out of your computer" Hacker huh.

Bottom line...... Spritual development and diet are the most important things for depression. Not the foreign agents prescribed by a doctor that bring profits to a pharmaceutical company with big investors.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Unless you've experienced this kind of debilitating depression, you have no idea what it's like. I say this because you're telling people not to take their A.D. meds and that tells me that you don't know much about depression, what it is and how it works.

Thanks for the long posts forestlady! I appreciate your input coming from an expert's point of view. I will read your posts again for a second time later tonight.

I wanted to talk about what you said in that quote up there. Drugs mask the symptoms, they don't heal them. A person with low seratonin is only like that because they are lost and confused, with no sense of purpose.

I do know alot about depression. I was taking those pills myself. Xanax and other forms of Alprozalam. I know that they made me a zombie. And I also know that I am happier today when I switched to marijuana, magnesium, eliminated toxins from my body, stopped eating meat, drink imported green tea daily. My road to salvation started when I stopped medicating myself. Now, I dont even get headaches anymore. My backpain plaguing me for years has gone away also. Working as a paramedic for 5 years ruined my back .I was taking painkillers and realized that they only hide the symptoms temporarily. The pills don't cure. Holistic healing is how to cure anything, even mental illness.

Phantom, this is for you. Gold (AU) The dollar has lost all of it's value. Invest to save for a good education. Prestige is what counts if your looking to become part of the elite, otherwise, work and pay taxes. There are 2 types of people in this world. Maybe your looking for the gray area? Just save up and dont waste your money to spark an emotional high. Get your peptides going in other ways, learn everything, become a jack of all trades and money will come to you. Alternative medicine is where you should focus your attention. Open an immunity boosting clinic.

EB, before I talk to you again, I want to know what you meant by "coming out of your computer" Hacker huh.

Bottom line...... Spritual development and diet are the most important things for depression. Not the foreign agents prescribed by a doctor that bring profits to a pharmaceutical company with big investors.
[edit on 10/5/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

Bull hocky, you read my words but don't learn anything. Why would you be interested in my input if you're going to ignore it or not even think about it? You don't understand how AD's work, trust me. They don't mask anything, they just help you to feel normal by balancing brain chemicals. What's so hard to understand about that?
Please, don't be dispensing medical license without a license, you don't know enough about the medical end of what you're talking about. They apparently didn't work for you because you don't have depression and they are only to be used in cases of depression.
It is obvious to me that you have an agenda where AD's are concerned, since you have no intention of even considering new information.
Do you understand that many major depressants would be dead were it not for the drugs? I'm not making this up, I'm talking from my own experience and EVERYONE else I've ever met who suffers from major depression - they have, all of them literally, told me the same thing - that they would have committed suicide years ago had it not been for the meds. Without them, I wouldn't be able to function at all. I know this because I lived without meds for a long time and wasn't even able to work for quite awhile because of it.
Read the thread on Hubris. But then again, you won't probably learn anything from it, you don't seem to want to learn anything from anyone else, at least judging from your responses on this thread.
How would you feel if someone heeded your advice and then shot their brains out next week? I feel this strongly about it - if that happens, I would be suing the hell out of you for dispensing medical advice without a license - which is illegal BTW.
You're not a psychologist (who BTW, are not allowed to prescribe medications either, even though we have to learn about them) nor are you a doctor. You don't even know your classifications of drugs. What, are you against meds for diabetics as well because it supports the pharmaceutical industry? I don't like the industry either, but I'm not gonna die because some guy on ATS told me to discontinue my meds.
Sorry to be so blunt, but your arrogance and irresponsibility are unbelievable and dangerous to others.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
First of all this is a Psychologist's lounge. I am a priest in the lounge. The shrink is out. I'm giving out knowledge. You may call it medicial if you want. I did listen to your description of alprozalam. It's all the same crap if you ask me. You say the pill helps. When I was taking them, all I cared about was the PILLS ! That's it. As long as I had a pill, I was happy. If the pills do cure....was there ever a case when one said, I don't need the pills anymore! I'm cured ! No..

I'm very prone to depression. I'm ultra sensitive. I cry if a plant dies. I watch the news and won't sleep for 2 days. I feel other's pains. Just wanna help. I apologize if I don't listen, I guess I'm very confident in my belief. I will stop posting for a little, I'll leave you a little manual, click the link, scroll up and read from beginning. I'm sure there is enough on it now to make an impact on one's subconscious. Hope it helps.

Take care, enjoy the read.

What doctors don't tell you about AD's

[edit on 10/6/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit on 10/6/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
SCP: "First of all this is a Psychologist's lounge. I am a priest in the lounge. The shrink is out."

FL: So if you are a priest why are you calling it a psychologist's lounge? You are not dispensing anything of a spiritual nature, so how can you call yourself a priest? What makes you a "priest"?

SCP:I'm giving out knowledge. You may call it medicial if you want.

FL: No I don't call it medicial, I call it medical, which is what it is. You are telling people to get off their medication, which was prescribed by a medical doctor, someone far more knowledgeable in these areas then you or I, but especially you.
It most certainly isn't knowledge. It is your opinion, nothing more. Further, it's based on a moronic person named Peter Breggin, who goes against all psychiatry and doesn't have a good reputation at all. He claims that that it's impossible for brain chemistry to become unbalanced. Which makes no sense. You don't even issue a disclaimer when you make these claims.

I did listen to your description of alprozalam. It's all the same crap if you ask me.

You know, a kid who grew up in the city may think there's not a dime's worth of difference between a horse and a goat. But the kids on the farm sure know what the difference is and can tell you all about it. Yet you prefer to believe the kid from the city. It may be all the same to you, but as far as doctors, pharmacists, psychiatrists, neurologists, psychologists and all the people who study these things and take AD's there is a vast difference. But hey, if you want to believe that you know far more than any of the experts and you and Dr. Breggin are the only ones who know The Truth, go right ahead. I don't really care how ridiculous you make yourself sound. My only concern is that your "advice", which is based on nothing more than your opinion, might hurt someone or even possibly kill them. For major depressives, the only thing that stands between them and blowing out their brains are AD's. That's where I draw the line and have to call "deny ignorance".

SCP:
I'm very prone to depression. I'm ultra sensitive. I cry if a plant dies. I watch the news and won't sleep for 2 days. I feel other's pains. Just wanna help. I apologize if I don't listen, I guess I'm very confident in my belief. I will stop posting for a little, I'll leave you a little manual, click the link, scroll up and read from beginning. I'm sure there is enough on it now to make an impact on one's subconscious. Hope it helps.

FL: What you are describing has nothing to do with depression. It's called empathy and in your case, I think it's misdirected and you really need to deal with your own baggage before trying to help anyone else.
Do you honestly think I'm ignorant about this area? Do you really think I haven't already read everything I could get my hands on about depression, its treatment and psychology in general? I have a Master's degree in Psychology and attended many trainings by a wide array of professionals. What, exactly, are your credentials? What is your professional experience with psychology and/or therapy? You can call yourself a garbage collector for all I care, but when you start telling people to get off their meds, you are practicing medicine and psychology.
Even the first line in Breggin's article is absolute rubbish. "When people come to my office, they usually know what's causing their depression"? No way, dude, my clients didn't even know they had depression, much less what caused it, they just knew their lives weren't working because they couldn't get out of bed in the morning, for starters. That's depression.

Here's a little something on Peter Breggin, BTW. This is from an interview with another psychiatrist, Dr. Jensen, which was on PBS.

www.pbs.org...

Q: "Let's talk a bit about your enemies. I met one the other day named Peter Breggin, and he called you "public enemy number one."

A: "Well I'm quite amused to hear that I'm "public enemy number one." Actually, Peter Breggin once described me as "the greatest single threat to America's children," on his homepage. . . . It was back at a time when I held a job at NIH as the Associate Director for Children's Research, and Peter Breggin very much wanted to be an invited speaker at a conference. So he approached me. The speakers were all supposed to be actual active scientists--publishing in journals that met the highest standards of peer review and rigor by the larger scientific community.

I had a role in making recommendations of who would speak, of who were scientists of credibility. He spoke to me on the phone, and I said, "Well, you know, Peter, you're not really a scientist--you're a commentator. But the commentator is supposed to be an objective jury, independently picked, that I can't pick. And they should have no vested interest in weighing in, other than being good scientists. You have a clear vested interest, you clearly have an opinion. . . . You're selling books and you're doing other things on based on your own opinion. You have a business here." I said, "So, I don't think so."

Then my name showed up in his web page, and there were three full pages . . . all about "moi." It was a conspiracy theory, basically, that somehow I had withheld my own data and that I had wanted to get a cushy job with the federal government, so I had suppressed the publication of my own findings. It was really quite amazing, the little story that he had put onto the web about me. . . .

Then, apparently, lots of people read his web page. . . . NIH began to get all kinds of calls from people, saying that we should stop the NIH Conference because it was going to be pushing Ritalin or medication. . . . So the decision was that Breggin should be invited . . . and let the objective panel of scientists, who are independent, evaluate his data."

. . .

Q: "And you evaluate the data of a lot of scientists. Where does Peter Breggin get his data? It reaches the households of millions of people out there."

A: "When Peter talks, he's a very effective speaker. He speaks with an air of authority and passion and conviction. He's a very good speaker. . . . He takes other studies and reads them, and then writes about them. With my own studies, all I can say is that he takes them out of context and does not present the whole study. He presents pieces and spins it in a way that helps him with his message. . . . It's not a scientific message, from my perspective, and I think it's not from the perspective of most scientists. There are real concerns that it can be very misleading, and and even harmful to the general public.

(Bolding is mine.)
SPC, when someone comes in for advice/direction, it is an honor that they are opening up their psyche to you. It should be honored and respected. You don't drive a freight train straight through their psyche just because it gives you a thrill. You have to proceed gently and the first rule of thumb for any therapist, priest, psychologist or what have you is: Do no harm. My second rule is: proceed gently and cautiously. You don't have all the answers, you don't know everything, and in fact, you know nothing about this person when you are starting out. Respect that and respect the person's own wisdom. They know better than you what they need. Let THEM make the decision for themselves. A good adviser or therapist of any kind NEVER tells anyone what to do.

You have alot to learn and I sincerely hope you learn it. Good luck, I think you'll need it.

[edit on 6/10/07 by forestlady]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Forest, your responses are worth replying to. I in no doubt consider you an expert. But my credentials involve spiritual counseling, and It didn't seem like anyone asked for spiritual advice. All they wanted to confirm was that the drugs help them.

As for the salvia, I only smoke the leaves. They are sooo weak. Not sure about the real salvia. But it is known as the natural anti depressant, and is not physically harmful.

If I showed no respect for your knowledge of the endocrine system, then I apologize. I'm sure you are more than qualified. But I have read more than this doctor's article. Scientologist's don't really agree with meds either. A holistic approach is the way. Yes, the pills increase seratonin levels. Ok...but logically the pills become habit forming based on the efficiency of modern medicine. But once on, on for good.

I will say this. My grandmother lost her son when he was 25. My uncle died and her world crumbled. She has been on anti depressants since. It has affected her in many ways. She is very low in spirit, and always complains she is depressed. So I don't see long term efficiency at all. Short term yes, but in order to treat the illness the holistic way for long term, one must make a decision to get off the meds somewhere down the road.

One must find a purpose before depression sets in. It's a negative world, and depression is hard to rebound from on this planet. So how does one find purpose? Everyone has a purpose. The first step in finding purpose is different for everybody. I cannot explain the road to salvation. All I can say is one must stop being slaves to their own narcissism. Ego causes depression. Blow to the ego. Self esteem then drops. Purpose is lost. Since most people and their purpose on this planet is to sustain the integrity of their ego.

So after one's ego is shattered, they fall into a depression. I'm speaking for this type of depressive. The divorcee, or the man who loses all his money. The ones who live a tragic life are more complicated depressives. Time is their best friend.

So I say to this person, to seek solitude. Socialize as well, but remember to do it with friends who actually care. Don't hang out with friends to feel special. If they don't appreciate you , drop them. Remember for times of atonement. Repentance of mistakes and admittance of mistakes. Spend time with nature. The closest way to god is to spend time around it. Move to a Rural setting. This has a huge psychological impact.

Most depression happens from the accumulating of negative experiences, adding up and gradually decreasing self esteem. These engrams have to be purged and the best way to do so is to locate the engram, isolating the engram is to admit the flaw in your character, find out why you act in the manner you do and realize it's a fear in your reactive memory bank causing you to act in an anxious way. It's like getting beat up in high school, and the bullies run off in a car, tires screetch, and they take off. From that day on, whenever you hear tires screetch, even if at a race track, you will become anxious. In order to purge this memory engram, you have to remember why it was created. We have a primitive security system known as the reactive mind that is designed to ensure our survival.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've had a pretty good idea you were a Scientologist, now you've confirmed it. The word engram is strictly a Scientologist term. So, you are a Scientologist who did spiritual counseling. It all becomes clear now.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I don't like to label myself when it comes to mainstream religions. I read Dianetics, but thats about it. I also read the bible, torah, and teachings of Budda. It's all beneficial. The books are only designed to trick the masses who do not shine. Dianetics was interesting, and some of it felt accurate to me because I have always known it before reading the book. But I don't think its a great book, and if anything it is overwritten.

But forestlady, you show passion and determination in your field. You want to believe that my claims are false, because you really want to help people. Scientologists don't believe in vaccines either, but that's another story. Some of the research came up with information about the vaccines affecting a certain bloodtype only, but I won't get into that here.

So lets try to end this debate logically. If the pills are efficient, and are more so than organic AD's, do these positives outweigh the negatives? The habit forming risk is worse with the pills. I go weeks without smoking anything. I remember I needed a long time to ween off the meds.

I also know this, working in the medical field for 5 years, I spoke to many EDP's and found that most people with suicidal ideation used to tell me that they lie about that just to get the scripts.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Forest Lady, the whole idea about being priest-like was to let all know that real priests, are very much like psychologists, they have to be and also have to speak about the potential of the person who connects with the will of the universe. Becoming an element in the mix. That should be the ultimate goal, and should be focus of any psychotherapy session. Once one feels connected they will know from the signs. Universe always lays out signs and omens for the one who can shine. This experience would motivate anyone into forgetting past and focusing on anew. There would be nothing to feel sorry for anymore.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Forest Lady, the whole idea about being priest-like was to let all know that real priests, are very much like psychologists, they have to be and also have to speak about the potential of the person who connects with the will of the universe. Becoming an element in the mix. That should be the ultimate goal, and should be focus of any psychotherapy session. Once one feels connected they will know from the signs. Universe always lays out signs and omens for the one who can shine. This experience would motivate anyone into forgetting past and focusing on anew. There would be nothing to feel sorry for anymore.

As my daughter would say, "YEAH, OH OH OKAY SCP." Quit smoking that wacky weed dude. "Connect with the will of the universe?"...."Become an element in the mix?"

Nothing to feel sorry for? Does mental illness have to do with the person feeling sorry for something? No offense, but as a therapist you suck!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

"The Illuminated Ones need to be extinguished" - RFK

Drones are among us. The forsaken, the ones who will never speak the language. Your doing a good job EB, but soon, the ones who walk in darkness will be estinguished. And not by man, oh no....not by man, but by the wrath.

Feeling sorry for yourself, and so you must be forgiven.

[edit on 10/10/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

Drones are among us. The forsaken, the ones who will never speak the language. Your doing a good job EB, but soon, the ones who walk in darkness will be estinguished. And not by man, oh no....not by man, but by the wrath.

LMAO. I said lay off the wacky weeds dude. Your brain cells can never be replaced..... :shk:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Ok, thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Man I'm glad I got out of this mess when the gittin was good.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Man I'm glad I got out of this mess when the gittin was good.

Come on now whaaa....where's your sense of adventure?? It is okay for one to be a looney as long as one is a happy looney. I believe that was originally said by Dan Quayle...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join