It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher

No sir, forget XANAX. I am a priest, the old fashioned shrink who never prescribes synthetic medicine.

I spoke of synthetics. Salvia is light, it's mild too, in NO WAY does it make you trip.

uhh, im gonna go ahead and call you out on this one. I have been using salvia on at least a weekly basis for the last 10 years. It most certainly does make you trip. Even just the normal leaves can have that effect. For some people, it doesn't. Perhaps you are like that? Now, since we aren't talking about drugs here, but incense not meant for human consumption, I'll just stop now.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Well SCP....sounds like you can justify anything so it fits your purpose. You amuse me with your talk of "damage." You don't think your Salvia Divinorum or marijuana does some sort of damage? Do you think denial is a river in Egypt?

EVERYTHING does damage. A hamburger does damage. Don't preach to me that a couple Xanax a week does damage while you sit and smoke your various substances every day....please. Take your own inventory before you take mine...Work on your own house. Mine is in order.

something grown by god is not the same as a man-made lab creation. Xanax affects blood by thickening it. It also takes away passion. STOP USING THAT POISON. AMERICA IS DYING BECAUSE OF PRESCIPTION DRUGS.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

About the burger, I dont eat meat. I stopped a yr ago, and it really changed me spiritually. I find myself to be much calmer and humb,e. I also cant watch gory films anymore. And im a former EMT. lol. A healthy mindstate starts with a good diet.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

My salvia is mild. I only smoke it occasionally when working. I only use smokable leaves. I think the 20x extract makes you trip.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

My salvia is mild. I only smoke it occasionally when working. I only use smokable leaves. I think the 20x extract makes you trip.

that sounds a bit more accurate. Honestly, any potency (20x, 10x, 5x, 1x) can make you 'trip.' Salvia also has inverse tolerance, meaning it may take 20x to trip the first few times, and eventually it only takes regular leaves. As I said, I have been using salvia for over 10 years, and 1x is more than powerful enough to make me trip within a few inhales.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I think EB missed what I said about moderation. But think about what these pills do and why they are anti depressants/anxiety. They take away your pain by taking away passion/emotion and zombifies u. More so for the abusers.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

that sounds a bit more accurate. Honestly, any potency (20x, 10x, 5x, 1x) can make you 'trip.' Salvia also has inverse tolerance, meaning it may take 20x to trip the first few times, and eventually it only takes regular leaves. As I said, I have been using salvia for over 10 years, and 1x is more than powerful enough to make me trip within a few inhales.

Inverse tolerance? That is very interesting. So it sounds to me that once you experience the strong stuff, you basically download its software, and then need only the leaves to stimulate the extract which must probably never leave your system. Scary! I will just smoke the leaves, thanks! They call it the natural anti depressant, and when I first smoked it, I felt the effects for 2 days straight, and I found myself singing all day long.

Well, I just wanted to focus on these prescription meds. No, we need shrinks out there that don't just prescribe something, and actually talks to you about problems. I experienced the Xanax folks, I know what it did. Klonopin is similar and should contain Alprozalam, the chemical. I'm not sure though, they are all in the anti depressant category. When I took Xanax for a period of about 8 months, I was more depressed then ever. Since I stopped, I am much more organized and happier. So, Im still not perfect, because I still smoke an occasional doob, and weed does have some negatives, but I made lots of progress just by switching to natural meds, over lab experiements.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
unfortunately, salvia research is very limited, and at the current rate, it will be illegal anyways. I have no idea how the inverse tolerance works, and I haven't read any scientific theories on it either... however I tend to think the same way as you.

Once you establish the "neuro-pathways," it's just a matter of finding your way back. I guess it could be described as "practice makes perfect."

I have tried extracts all the way up to 60x (they actually go as high as 150 i believe). 60x is called "horse killer." I prefer standardized extracts, usually 5x or 6x.

I never intended to take this off topic. just saw a mention at a very little-known substance, and figured I would throw in my two cents.

some other cool facts:

salvia's active ingredient, Salvorin-A affects the "dream center" of the brain. I guess this would account for the wide-awake lucid dreaming that can happen.

even more interesting - ALL strands o salvia (in the U.S.) originated from one of 2 clone plants that were brought back in the 60s. To me, that is just fascinating.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
here's my question....

why can i not stop living by my second quote?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Fear is the first reason. Put that on top of the list. Cumulative experiences with bad seeds, having nothing but bad influences around you, seeing all the horrible things that cause one to lose hope. There fore you put up a Guard. That is the second reason that leads from fear. You have to put up a guard and expect the worst. Therefore I still go on living on my block and not knowing who lives 2 houses down from me. I know my next door neighbors, but no one talks too much on my block. City life used to be different. The burbs are worse now.

I sometimes see myself catching people off guard. On the phone, when speaking to agents or operators, they always tell me thanks for being patient, most people are not that nice. In a conversation, I act real which stuns the person you are talking to, they remove their guard, and it creates a comforting feeling and the conversation is less phony. Most of the smiles and laughs in a conversation are 90% fake.

Who wants a new friend these days? I don't. I always say, I know enough people, I'm not looking to meet anymore. But, I sometimes encounter many beings that I feel were meant to be, and the circumstances are very co-incidental.

You have a similar flaw that I had and sometimes still affected by it. You can't respect anyone because of the guard. You feel the integrity of mankind is at its lowest point and is getting worse, but you should realize that when things get so bad into the state of Chaos, Cosmos is a result short after.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Well, I just wanted to focus on these prescription meds. No, we need shrinks out there that don't just prescribe something, and actually talks to you about problems. I experienced the Xanax folks, I know what it did. Klonopin is similar and should contain Alprozalam, the chemical. I'm not sure though, they are all in the anti depressant category. When I took Xanax for a period of about 8 months, I was more depressed then ever. Since I stopped, I am much more organized and happier. So, Im still not perfect, because I still smoke an occasional doob, and weed does have some negatives, but I made lots of progress just by switching to natural meds, over lab experiements.

My shrink and I do discuss my problems. Do you know what you are talking about? You speak pretty generally and haven't a clue who I am. Alprazolam is Xanax....Xanax, Halcion, Valium, Clonopin, etc. are all Bonzodiazapines...tranquilizers. They are not really anti-dpressants, they are anti-anxiety meds. YOu know nothing about my life, so again, do not judge. Look at yourself. YOu feel it's okay to trip every day....that's a problem....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
EB, who are you?

I can no longer talk to you with the hostility you are showing. Go ahead and continue to numb yourself instead of facing your engrams and destroying them.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I can no longer talk to you with the hostility you are showing. Go ahead and continue to numb yourself instead of facing your engrams and destroying them.

Hostility? Where is the hostility? Isn't this the psychologist's lounge? Aren't YOU the psychologist? Would a psychologist give up so easily on his patients?

Numb myself? How am I numbing myself? You smoke various substances daily and tell me I'm numbing myself? When are you going to face your problems? Maybe try looking in the mirror if you truly want to help someone.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
A psychologist would tell a person to settle down. In some cases, patients are told to leave. You still don't understand that all I am telling you is that whenever you feel like winding down, switch to healthier forms of sedatives, instead of toxic synthetic pills that cause your brain to depend on them. When someone takes Extacy for instance, the seratonin levels are released which affect natural production after the drug is taken over a long period of time. I don't smoke everyday, and sometimes go weeks without doing so.

So if Alprozalem regulates chemicals in your pituitary gland, the brain might depend on the drug and expect it daily, and therefore when you stop taking the pills, you are even more depressed and need to depend on a doctor for a while.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I don't smoke everyday, and sometimes go weeks without doing so.

So if Alprozalem regulates chemicals in your pituitary gland, the brain might depend on the drug and expect it daily, and therefore when you stop taking the pills, you are even more depressed and need to depend on a doctor for a while.

Maybe as a psycholgist you should also pay attention. I take a Xanax when needed....once or twice a week. How would I or my body expect it daily?

And you go weeks without smoking. Good job!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
just thought this would be funny to throw in...

when I was going to a shrink, I mentioned the use of various drugs, such as weed, lsd, opium, etc.

He actually said he thought it would be a great idea. especially about the lsd - he went on about how it opens your eyes, etc. haha.. I was a minor at this point, and my parents were literally in the next room, oblivious - probably hoping this guy would get me sober and "normal."

oh, and I will never take xanax or ritalin, or paxil, or etc.

[edit on 21-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

reply to post by dgtempe

I think EB missed what I said about moderation. But think about what these pills do and why they are anti depressants/anxiety. They take away your pain by taking away passion/emotion and zombifies u. More so for the abusers.
Like i said, used as prescribed and in moderation they can be wonderful help.

But you never did answer my second question.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
And SCP, you never addressed my fixation with poultry and shoestrings.
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a demonic ritual I witnessed as a lad.

By the way SCP; what is your favorite cheese, and have you ever secretly worn womens panties?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

By the way SCP; what is your favorite cheese, and have you ever secretly worn womens panties?

LMAO!! Whaaa....you kill me. I would like to answer these questions if I may:

My favorite cheese is Jarlsberg.....preferably very runny, excremently runny is best.

Have I ever worn women's panties secretly? Never...never worn them secretly!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I dont know you well, but if you are constantly being hounded by men it must be because you are one fine looking woman. Its a material world.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join