It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me anything.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I am not a Psychologist, not officially, but I've been called a priest. I always thought they were similar. I welcome anyone that wishes to discuss certain personal issues, or has any questions about their social structure s and/or spiritual levels. Are you drained? Could there be a problem that you are not aware of yet? Maybe I can help, I might need a few posts to get to know you, and will try to solve any problem you may have or any problem in general. I welcome everyone else to offer their input as well, I always love to hear another opinion.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hello SCP....how are you? Here is a problem that has been befuddling me for some time now. About eight years ago I got very good at Astral Projection. I could pretty much do it at will once lying in bed. I was able to do this for about a year and then the ability simply left me.

I would leave my body through the top of my head, penetrate walls and dark spaces and eventually end up on the Astral Plane.

I truly enjoyed this ability. I was able to travel anywhere and visit all kinds of people(s). I grew, in a way, addicted to it. I read in a book on AP that this addiction could occur.

Sadly, as mentioned above, I no longer am able to Astral Project. Suggestions??

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
My problem is that I never know weather to believe Excitable__Boy or not.

My other question is why haven't I received fame and fortune. Do you think it may be because I'm lazy?

Thanks for starting this SCP!! I really do need lots of help!!!!

[edit on 12-9-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Actually I do have a BS in psychology. And BS is an appropriate group of initials for my undergraduate degree as I spent a fair amount of time in Juarez, Mexico studying a very peculiar curriculum; still if I can help out with some of the more exotic problems; I have a certain amount of personal experience. If you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Your abilities left you, and I think it's because of 2 possibilities.

1- Stress. If you are stressed and worry too much, this can affect your mental abilities of astral clairvoyance.

2- Diet. Are you eating correctly? Mineral deficiency is common with age, and proper absorbing of minerals in intestines becomes less and less. As you get older, you should eat better and meditate more often to balance out your Chi energy and you should also meditate to get rid of any negative subconscious resentments you hold inside you.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
My problem is that I never know weather to believe Excitable__Boy or not.

My other question is why haven't I received fame and fortune. Do you think it may be because I'm lazy?

Thanks for starting this SCP!! I really do need lots of help!!!!

[edit on 12-9-2007 by whaaa]

Fame and fortune comes from passion and dedication yes. You must be passionable or you will never inherit fortunes. Luck is almost irrelevent since it is so rare that someone becomes rich from Luck alone. So forget luck. What you should do is remember what you love doing. Look at what talents and virtues you were born with. Then take them and apply them in a way that they may bring you profit. What is your occupation now? Does the paycheck bring you satisfaction? Do you look forward to your new day? Is waking up to go to work easy for you? Laziness can be a positive sign sometimes.

The slacker shows signs of leadership. The slacker is lazy because he sees the artificial poverty that is luxury. The slacker might not see any reason to go on working for someone else. The slacker might think he is better than what he is.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
SCP, thanks for the feedback.

But on the fame and fortune topic, I respectfully disagree that passion and dedication are the generators of fame and fortune. Of course they may have some impact but I think that "being in the right place at the right time" [blind luck] determines where we wind up on the "9:00 news scale"

And thanks for reminding me about the satisfaction of our chosen professions. As a flyfishing guide/outfitter, artisan/craftsman, musician, everyday is rife with challenge, adventure and pride. I feel extremely lucky that I have never had a job where I had to call another man "sir."

I take pride in taking "slackdom" into the realm of fine art. Your description was insightful and the truth.

Would it be possible to get to know you a little better SCP and why you feel qualified to grace us with your opinions and ability to solve our problems.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Fame usually leads to self destruction when achieved at a young age. Look at Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton etc. List goes on and on with young celebrities. Luck and connections have a role, but I will always stick with talent and the following of one's dreams. Fortunes will then follow regardless of how much you make, a fortune is personal, and to me, having a roof and being able to afford healthy food is my fortune. Fame comes to you, and you should never look for it.

I'm a paramedic and spoken to many EDP's in my life. I been in every psych ward in the city. I notice many patterns with these people, and 95% of them are not really crazy, just weak and in lots of pain. Emotional pain.

I have lots of friends that call me often, neighbors too, they usually bring some pastries and we have tea in my office for a good session. I help them alot they tell me, and it's rewarding to know that I do. I don't mind helping out sort a problem or two, I'm a mathematician at heart and can solve anything they say. I'm also a bit telepathic, depending on the person I'm talking to. Chatting on the forums makes it tough to read one's mind. Thanks for visiting! Feel free to ask me anything you want !

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It's important to realize that almost all of these people going to the psych wards were not really insane. Most wanted attention and many of them thanked me the talks in back of the ambulance.

Whaa..I was hoping for a response from you as to what you meant about fame. Ask most celebrities about fame, and they will all say hard work, dedication and passion.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
SCP, Fame is kind of relative. Our band enjoys some local notoriety and our drummer, a young fellow, loves to bask in the limelight. I on the other hand have a little more mature perspective. Still, I enjoy the flirting women, the free beer and applause. But the reason I play is because I feel the legacy of the Blues should be perpetuated and I'm one whiteboy that will do my part to see that the Blues and It's spin offs will continue.
Our front man sees himself as a "star" even when playing to an empty bar in some small backwater town that thinks that if It ain't C&W, it's just zippy de do dah.

I have met many musicians/artists that are infused with dedication and passion, and deserve fame as much some that enjoy the spotlight; but a true artist, when smitten by the muse, will make ART regardless of the societal circumstances they find themselves in. I have many friends that divide their time between the studio, rehab, psych ward etc, but continue to be true to their pursuit of beauty, avant guard strangeness, or their vision of what they want to create.

And now SCP, what would you recommend for me to get rid of my performance anxiety. Usually I drink a few drinks, etc. and it works to a degree but I would prefer something that wouldn't interfear with my timing and memory. B17 and hypnosis has been recommended. What do you think?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hello whaaa....perhaps I could offer you some words of wisdom. Then again, maybe not. I have anxiety issues. Nothing like an ocassional Xanax for that...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Hello whaaa....perhaps I could offer you some words of wisdom. Then again, maybe not. I have anxiety issues. Nothing like an ocassional Xanax for that...

No sir, forget XANAX. I am a priest, the old fashioned shrink who never prescribes synthetic medicine. Let me tell you what xanax does.

First and foremost, it takes away your soul. You become careless and removes spiritual drive. It will turn you into an apathetic man with no care. NOT GOOD ! What it does to your body is also damaging. It thickens your blood, increases rish of stroke and seizure. When mixed with alcohol, it can kill.

The first rule of this thread is NO DRUGS.

Whaa....you have performance anxiety, it's ok, I overcame my social anxiety disorder. Keep in mind that in my mid twenties, I was on Xanax, so I know what it does. Forget it, you must grow spiritually. Beer will help, and it's healthy to have one a day, but don't over do it. You will not perform well under the influence. My only reccomendation is to purchase some "Salvia Divinorum" It can help you relax without any psychotropic effects and the most important thing to do is avoid a night out drinking. Spend more time alone, think to yourself, play some classical or some eclectic and meditate. Listen your heart, read something that will inspire you to search yourself and know yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

"Salvia Divinorum"

Really? The way I understand it, this stuff, when smoked, makes you trip. Makes one feel like their body is a lead weight. :shk:

Why is Salvia Divinorum okay? Because it is holisitic, herbal, natural?? So is Opium, Cocaine, Marijuana...etc. You're going to knock me for taking an ocassional prescribed Xanax? What doesn't have side effects? The one beer you talk about has side effects....everything has side effects. A turkey pot pie has side effects...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
With Turkey pot pie I prefer either valium or lorazapam and a nice glass of port.

I know, white wine with fish and poultry. Wouldn't the world be ====in dull with out rebels and iconoclasts like you and me E_B?

Ive never tried any of that salvia divinorum. Ill get back to you if I don't flip out.

uh oh, I think I just broke the T&C rules. I should have never mentioned the turkey POT pie.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

No sir, forget XANAX. I am a priest, the old fashioned shrink who never prescribes synthetic medicine.

I spoke of synthetics. Salvia is light, it's mild too, in NO WAY does it make you trip. If you buy the leaves, it's a mild high. Perfect if you want to daydream for 15 minutes.

I buy Organic beer. All natural and healthier than gatorade. Complete with vitamin B Minerals. One a day is ok, more than 3 and you go astray.

Im with ya man, if you have trouble quitting, let me know, I used to take them, they make you depressed x10.

I say moderation for everything, food and medicine are the same, Marijuana and Saliva are not addictive physically. Cocaine you will sell your socks for.

There are good and evil creatures, and there are good and evil medicines/poisons. Become a health freak, it's like some people know what their car engines do, but don't know where their organs are! Bodily health is essential b4 you move onto spiritual. It will make the road to enlightenment easier.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I say moderation for everything, food and medicine are the same, Marijuana and Saliva are not addictive physically. Cocaine you will sell your socks for.

I say moderation also. Saliva? And as far as the Xanax, I take one or two a week. I don't have issues with over-indulging. And as far as taking care of myself, I do that quite well. I don't drink or do recreational drugs, I take many supplements (mainly to keep my panreas healthy which keeps the whole body healthy), work out every day: run, bike and use an elliptical machine. One of my favorite pastimes is mountain biking in the desert. I also run marathons.

Don't concern yourself with my ocassional Xanax...I would concern yourself with that Salvia Divinorum...

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Wouldn't the world be ====in dull with out rebels and iconoclasts like you and me E_B?

I feel ya whaaa....you and I are some crazy rebels we are. What with our over 100 years of life experience between the two of us...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well if you take on or 2 a week, then kudos to you. I think that if your only taking one or 2 it won't damage your body as much, but if you only take 2 a week, do you really need it? I would only suggest xanax to people who are terminally ill.

Salvia Divinorum is so harmless that it's available online for 15$ an ounce. I just finished smoking some, it's soo mild, and a cigarette will get you just as high. THe effects are similar to tobacco, except the salvia is much lighter. I also run 3 times a week. Outdoors, at a national park preferable, or sometimes the streets. I do well, and despite the herbs I smoke, my stamina is just a good as it was when I was 21.

Marijuana helps me write, I use a vaporizer and it's harmless. It helps increase oxygen flow and bloodflow to the brain. Cigarettes do the opposite. They take away your oxygen, and limit blood flow by constricting vessels. The human brain is designed straight from birth to have Cannabinoid receptors. Thats right ! the brain has receptors specifically designed to recieve THC. Increasing oxygen from better circulation to your brain is very, very healthy and actually "REGENERATES" brain cells, not burn them. The only drawback of marijuana is a short term memory engram loss. When you are first learning something, you should not smoke MJ. After you learn something and record it all in your brain, then smoking for creative purposes help to add your own input instead of plagurizing, or adding on top of previous knowledge from the knowledge previously recorded in your brain.

Artists and marijuana go hand in hand. Marijuana proves to increase creativity. However, it does increase anxiety and shyness. Reason why you ask? Because it boosts awareness. You think way too much on it and I don't reccomend if your you guys.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well SCP....sounds like you can justify anything so it fits your purpose. You amuse me with your talk of "damage." You don't think your Salvia Divinorum or marijuana does some sort of damage? Do you think denial is a river in Egypt?

EVERYTHING does damage. A hamburger does damage. Don't preach to me that a couple Xanax a week does damage while you sit and smoke your various substances every day....please. Take your own inventory before you take mine...Work on your own house. Mine is in order.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I just want to throw in my 2 centavos.

I take one Klonopin a day and i have a soul others envy. I am well known for my good heart, sense of humour, my high spirits and the ability to get along with all people i meet.

Klonopin does not take away my soul. Like other mild tranquilizers, it just calms me down a little through the day and helps me focus. My work is exemplary.

I do have a question: Why am i so desired by men?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join