It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by nixie_nox
That is what I always says. Christians are sexist and always assume that the anti-christ is going to be a man.
Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Originally posted by queenofangels_17
... Jesus never taught about Trinity, or his divinity ...
You could not be more wrong.
Did Jesus claim divinity? Let's look at the NT scriptural data...
(1) The early creedal formula "Jesus is lord [kyrios]": 1 Cor 12:3; Phil 2:11
(2) The title "Son of God" ("Son of" implies "of the same nature as."): Mt 11:27; Mk 12:6; 13:32; 14:61-62; Lk 10:22; 22:70; Jn 10:30; 14:9
(3) The NT calls him "God": Tit 2:13; 1 Jn 5:20; Rom 9:5; Jn 1:1
(4) Absolutely, universally supreme: Col 1:15-20
(5) Eternally preexistent: Jn 1:1; Phil 2:6; Heb 13:8; Rev 22:13
(6) Omnipresent: Mt 18:20; 28:20
(7) Omnipotent: Mt 28:18; Heb 1:3; Rev 1:8
(8) Immutable: Heb 1:11-12; 13:8
(9) Creates (only God can create): Col 1:16-17; Jn 1:3; 1 Cor 8:6; Heb 1:10
(10) Sinless, perfect: Heb 7:26; Jn 8:46; 2 Cor 5:21
(11) Has authority to forgive sins: Mk 2:5-12; Lk 24:45-47; Acts 10:43; 1 Jn 1:5-9
(12) Rightly worshiped: Mt 2:11; 14:33; 28:9; Jn 20:28; Heb 1:5-9
(13) Speaks the unique, forbidden divine name: Jn 8:58
(14) Called "King of kings and Lord of lords": 1 Tim 6:15; Rev 17:14
(15) One with the Father: Jn 10:30; 12:45, 14:8-10
(16) Performs miracles: Jn 10:37-38; and throughout all 4 gospels.
(17) Sends the Holy Spirit: Jn 14:25-26; 16:7-15
(18) The Father testifies to him: Mt 3:17; 17:5; Jn 8:18; 1 Jn 5:9
(19) Gives eternal life: Jn 3:16; 5:39-40; 20:30-31
(20) Foreknows the future: Mk 8:31; Lk 9:21-22; 12:49-53; 22:35-37; 24:1-7; Jn 3:11-14; 6:63-64; 13:1-11; 14:27-29; 18:1-4; 19:26-30
(21) Is Lord over the Law: Lk 6:1-5
3 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit;
there are different forms of service but the same Lord;
there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone.
To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit.
To one is given through the Spirit the expression of wisdom; to another the expression of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
to another faith by the same Spirit; to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit;
to another mighty deeds; to another prophecy; to another discernment of spirits; to another varieties of tongues; to another interpretation of tongues.
But one and the same Spirit produces all of these, distributing them individually to each person as he wishes.
4 As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ.
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit.
Now the body is not a single part, but many.
If a foot should say, "Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body," it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.
Or if an ear should say, "Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body," it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.
If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended.
If they were all one part, where would the body be?
But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, "I do not need you," nor again the head to the feet, "I do not need you."
Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary,
and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety,
whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it,
so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another.
If (one) part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.
5 Now you are Christ's body, and individually parts of it.
Some people God has designated in the church to be, first, apostles; 6 second, prophets; third, teachers; then, mighty deeds; then, gifts of healing, assistance, administration, and varieties of tongues.
Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work mighty deeds?
Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret?
Strive eagerly for the greatest spiritual gifts. But I shall show you a still more excellent way.
Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by sir_chancealot
Yes because the Bible is such an accurate, historical piece of literature.
And was totally impermeable to to personal agendas and ideals.
The theory by those who run the Alien Resistance website is that there will be a great deception in the last days carried out by fallen Angels who will pass themselves off to the world as Aliens from another world or dimension. They say these fallen Angels also produced the Nephilim that we are told about in Genesis in pre-flood days. Alien Resistance also takes the position that the early Catholic Church had a hand in trying to covering up what happened before the flood by making sure the Book of Enoch never saw the light of day.
With all of the evidence in, we have to own the fact that 1 Enoch was not merely “rejected for canonization.” It was buried. Flat out suppressed. It was quite intentionally lost to history, with all copies destroyed or left to rot 10 stories deep under the Vatican. Enoch was not merely “left out of the Bible.” It was dropped like a bad habit.
Okay, only for those who have come the distance, now let’s talk dirt…
Point blank, Origen was right. Enoch was suppressed and labeled as heresy specifically to hide the truth of the fallen angels’ past, present and future activity on earth.
Forget Roswell. Forget the X-Files. The most successful, enduring and damaging cover-up of “The Truth” about our planet’s frequent visitors - has come from within The Church.
Originally posted by Persephany
the bible would say the anti christ is male. it was written by men.
Originally posted by Thinker
The antichrist will never be a woman, no man on earth will want to lead by a woman.