It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the anti-christ be a woman?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread30230/pg1#pid358312]I am amazed when several unconnected people arrive at the same truth.
The most ancient manuscript of The Book of Revelation is the Crawford Manuscript. It reads in Eastern Aramaic and says that antichrist is a "she".
The enemy raises "her" from the sea. Which empire sank in the sea? Egypt. Which ruler was the last in Egypt to confront the Iron Rule of Rome?
Cleopatra...who was worshipped in Egypt. The trrouble came when Caesar worship in the North was challenged by Isis worship (Cleopatra) in the south.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That is what I always says. Christians are sexist and always assume that the anti-christ is going to be a man.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
That is what I always says. Christians are sexist and always assume that the anti-christ is going to be a man.

Did you not read my proof from the previous page? The bible always speaks of "He" and "His" when referring to THE Antichrist.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
... Jesus never taught about Trinity, or his divinity ...

You could not be more wrong.

From www.geocities.com...

Did Jesus claim divinity? Let's look at the NT scriptural data...

(1) The early creedal formula "Jesus is lord [kyrios]": 1 Cor 12:3; Phil 2:11

(2) The title "Son of God" ("Son of" implies "of the same nature as."): Mt 11:27; Mk 12:6; 13:32; 14:61-62; Lk 10:22; 22:70; Jn 10:30; 14:9

(3) The NT calls him "God": Tit 2:13; 1 Jn 5:20; Rom 9:5; Jn 1:1

(4) Absolutely, universally supreme: Col 1:15-20

(5) Eternally preexistent: Jn 1:1; Phil 2:6; Heb 13:8; Rev 22:13

(6) Omnipresent: Mt 18:20; 28:20

(7) Omnipotent: Mt 28:18; Heb 1:3; Rev 1:8

(8) Immutable: Heb 1:11-12; 13:8

(9) Creates (only God can create): Col 1:16-17; Jn 1:3; 1 Cor 8:6; Heb 1:10

(10) Sinless, perfect: Heb 7:26; Jn 8:46; 2 Cor 5:21

(11) Has authority to forgive sins: Mk 2:5-12; Lk 24:45-47; Acts 10:43; 1 Jn 1:5-9

(12) Rightly worshiped: Mt 2:11; 14:33; 28:9; Jn 20:28; Heb 1:5-9

(13) Speaks the unique, forbidden divine name: Jn 8:58

(14) Called "King of kings and Lord of lords": 1 Tim 6:15; Rev 17:14

(15) One with the Father: Jn 10:30; 12:45, 14:8-10

(16) Performs miracles: Jn 10:37-38; and throughout all 4 gospels.

(17) Sends the Holy Spirit: Jn 14:25-26; 16:7-15

(18) The Father testifies to him: Mt 3:17; 17:5; Jn 8:18; 1 Jn 5:9

(19) Gives eternal life: Jn 3:16; 5:39-40; 20:30-31

(20) Foreknows the future: Mk 8:31; Lk 9:21-22; 12:49-53; 22:35-37; 24:1-7; Jn 3:11-14; 6:63-64; 13:1-11; 14:27-29; 18:1-4; 19:26-30

(21) Is Lord over the Law: Lk 6:1-5

VS

1 Corinthians
Chapter 12

3 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit;
there are different forms of service but the same Lord;
there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone.
To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit.
To one is given through the Spirit the expression of wisdom; to another the expression of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
to another faith by the same Spirit; to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit;
to another mighty deeds; to another prophecy; to another discernment of spirits; to another varieties of tongues; to another interpretation of tongues.
But one and the same Spirit produces all of these, distributing them individually to each person as he wishes.
4 As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ.
For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of one Spirit.
Now the body is not a single part, but many.
If a foot should say, "Because I am not a hand I do not belong to the body," it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.
Or if an ear should say, "Because I am not an eye I do not belong to the body," it does not for this reason belong any less to the body.
If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole body were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
But as it is, God placed the parts, each one of them, in the body as he intended.
If they were all one part, where would the body be?
But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, "I do not need you," nor again the head to the feet, "I do not need you."
Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary,
and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety,
whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give greater honor to a part that is without it,
so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another.
If (one) part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.
5 Now you are Christ's body, and individually parts of it.
Some people God has designated in the church to be, first, apostles; 6 second, prophets; third, teachers; then, mighty deeds; then, gifts of healing, assistance, administration, and varieties of tongues.
Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work mighty deeds?
Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret?
Strive eagerly for the greatest spiritual gifts. But I shall show you a still more excellent way.

Text

I think what is being said here is that the Spirit has many functions, its the God particle that also has a direction in which to bind it self with people as well as its own indivual componant.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yes because the Bible is such an accurate, historical piece of literature.
And was totally impermeable to to personal agendas and ideals.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hmmmm...... Hilary is too much like Hitler. She's not nice & lovable. Too many people hate her.

Sara Palin will never gain the respect of the leftist media & its darlings

The great deceiver is an "angel of light" who will be loved by the world.

Who is one of the richest most influential woman of the world. Here's some hints...
She's adored by many. She's in "The Shack". She resides in Chicago & if she ran for Pres. she'd beat Hil by a landslide. Think about it. You'll get it.

O.K. This is all in fun & hypothetical.

But now on a serious note. It doesn't take much nowadays for a Christain to become deceived. It's sad in our P.C. world today that all you have to do to get a vote is be a certain color, look pretty and sound smooth. America has become so fickle and shallow.

Its any wonder that people will be so easily fooled in the last days.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The "Seven Year Tribulation" is a theory created by John Darby in the 1800's. Even though this is the widely accepted "End Time" scenario, I hope you will accept the truth. Antichrist is a spirit and scripture tells us so.

1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Therefore, I say to all of you. Anyone can be Antichrist. I have so much more I can teach people about end times prophecy. Check out the videos on castmycrown.blogspot.com... to learn more if you want to know the truth. Also read what is provided there. It will save your life!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Yes because the Bible is such an accurate, historical piece of literature.
And was totally impermeable to to personal agendas and ideals.

Wait, wait, wait. So..... you are saying that you believe the bible when it says there is going to be an anti-christ, but you don't believe it when it says it's going to be a "he"?

Okaaaayyyyyy.....

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here is an anti-christ conspiracy for you:

The theory by those who run the Alien Resistance website is that there will be a great deception in the last days carried out by fallen Angels who will pass themselves off to the world as Aliens from another world or dimension. They say these fallen Angels also produced the Nephilim that we are told about in Genesis in pre-flood days. Alien Resistance also takes the position that the early Catholic Church had a hand in trying to covering up what happened before the flood by making sure the Book of Enoch never saw the light of day.

With all of the evidence in, we have to own the fact that 1 Enoch was not merely “rejected for canonization.” It was buried. Flat out suppressed. It was quite intentionally lost to history, with all copies destroyed or left to rot 10 stories deep under the Vatican. Enoch was not merely “left out of the Bible.” It was dropped like a bad habit.

Okay, only for those who have come the distance, now let’s talk dirt…

Point blank, Origen was right. Enoch was suppressed and labeled as heresy specifically to hide the truth of the fallen angels’ past, present and future activity on earth.

Forget Roswell. Forget the X-Files. The most successful, enduring and damaging cover-up of “The Truth” about our planet’s frequent visitors - has come from within The Church.

www.thepropheticyears.com...

www.alienresistance.org...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

the bible would say the anti christ is male. it was written by men. i know its hard but you have to remember that the bible is mostly fiction. two true parts that i know are true are the flood and Jesus. still waiting for the bigger picture to come to me. ignore the devils, love the angels are here to help.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Persephany

the bible would say the anti christ is male. it was written by men.

I don't really see the logic of this complaint.

The Antichrist is supposed to be a power of evil.
Why would men want to have a monopoly of evil?

I would have thought there was more sexism in the earlier suggestion, that the antichrist could be a woman because a feminine deity would be naturally hostile to God.

But if you insist that women are evil enough to be Antichrist, I'm willing to take your word for it.

Have a look at my new thread on "The Woman in heaven" if you want to see another view of true place of femininity in Revelation.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Personally, I don't see any reason it couldn't be. Being a Christan person; I have studied the bible quite a bit, and though the book of revaluations calls the white rider (The Anti-Chirst) a he a lot, I don't think that defines the white rider as a male.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
The antichrist will never be a woman, no man on earth will want to lead by a woman.

I'd follow a woman depending though on her intent on how she would rule.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
just support for your thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
just support for your thread.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Here is the deal.

Wait..sips morning beer...

The antiChrist is whoever you decide he or she is.

lol

Your ancestors dreamed up the myth now you all need to prove it.

scuse me...smokes big morning Cuban cigar....

Well I gotta get ready for church. lol

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
No because, in Judaism the Antichrist leads a war and kills Messiah Son of Joseph. No woman could do this so the Antichrist that Christianity BORROWED from Judaism by the way, is a male.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The antichrist is indeed a woman.
You can read this in the idea, 'she will have no regard for the desire of woman'.
No woman really cares about what another woman thinks, not when it's in regard to power, the innate spirit of the woman is to be competitive so she can secure the best genes. A man, given in to his desire for sex, or for acceptance would bear a concern for the desire of woman, a woman in power would have no use for other women.

Keep in mind, these prophecies were written to have bearing in the future, you can't read them in the time frame in which they were wrote, you must translate them simply into the times we are now, a true prophet would know how the world thought at the time his prophecies were translated.

Kennedy was killed because someone translated the prophecies and realized linguistically that the tribe of dan didn't respond at all to the tribe of daniel as seen by middle eastern culture, but rather referred to the tuatha de daanan, a celtic culture believed to be thousands of years older than any civilization seen in the Middle East.

Secondly, the idea that obama is the antichrist stems from the belief that the antichrist shall come from the east. In 20 Ad, this might have meant a middle eastern location, but fast forward into these days, the time in which the prophecies are meant to be translated, and this means, the Asiatic countries, but again, you need to consider the fact that there are a lot of children being raised in different cultures despite their original heritage, to my mind, the prophecy of this child coming from the east, and from a place of politics means that they will grow up in an eastern culture, due to the fact their parents are involved in politics, but they will be of irish heritage, the tribe of dan.

In sum, and in humility, I believe the antichrist, will be a woman of irish heritage, with a name meaning the voice of God, who be raised in cultures of the east, and be catholic.

Two for two, the people who study these things have raised kings up in the most powerful nation of the time, the United States, and two for two, they have destroyed these people deciding maybe they're right after all.

Whoever she is, you won't expect her. Because the translations of the prophecies are being interpreted with the assumption they make sense back then, but that's not the case, a true prophet would have been able to prophesize the world as it was to become, not as it was.

Also consider, the antichrist is not necessarily an evil entity in competition with Christ, it is a message, which comes in combat with the original message, but I believe, if the original message was be nice, forgive, love your brothers & sisters, and then we had two thousand years to try and effect this and we failed, the natural reaction would be to repeal the original message and try to enlighten the opposite way.

What we were told, was a simplistic good way in which to live, we didn't listen, don't you think Christ himself after waiting for two thousand years would be a little bit ticked off, and say, okay, I already told you how to live, you didn't listen, so now, we'll do it the hard way.

Forgiveness is out, Tough Love is In.

Even God has His limits.

edit on 9-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2010 by TheDolphinSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Most religions are patriarchal thus "Eve" was blamed for "sin", the expulsion from Eden, etc. (everything bad since the beginning). Why not make a female scapegoat for the ending of it all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join