It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Morgellons a Man Made Weapon of Terror?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Most of the medical community seems to think that Morgellons ( en.wikipedia.org...) is a mass delusion and people complaining of symptoms are diagnosed with "delusional parasitosis" (en.wikipedia.org...), a psychological problem in which people imagine that they are infested with parasites. Yet patients all across the U.S. have reported the same symptoms long before hearing about the disease in the media or talking to other patients with similar symptoms.

I propose that Morgellons is a man-made weapon and I would like to present before you these websites supporting this view:

A comprehensive surface breakdown of the "Morgellons Conspiracy" - www.ourstrangeworld.net...

Clongen Labs Investigates Morgellons - www.clongen.com...

Our main mission at Clongen Laboratories is to work towards improving human health. We continue to do so using our extensive experience in assay development, microbiology, virology and molecular diagnostics.

New lab findings point to Silicone/Silica and High Density Polyethlyene Fibers - www.dldewey.com...

and again in Healthnews - healthnews.benabraham.com...

Nano-Technology Pathogen Released into our Environment - www.healthforyou.org...

Some interesting discourses on nanotechnology -
nsts.nano.sc.edu...
www.worldscibooks.com...
www.nano-and-society.org...

Further, I postulate with considerable certainty that Morgellons is a man-made weapon designed with purpose and intent to do exactly what its doing -
theparanormalreport.com...

There is now strong data indicating that this disorder is associated with nanotechnology, specifically nanomachines in the form of nanofibers. The National Science Foundation (NSF) defines nanofibers as having at least one dimension of 100 nanometer (nm) or less.Fiber samples, taken from the skin of a Morgellons sufferer, when exposed to heat, did not burn until it has been heated to 1700 degrees F. As well, under examination with an electron microscope, fiber samples appear not to be organic. They have no eukaryotic cells, no cell membrane. Meaning that Morgellons is not a parasite, it is not biological, it is a machine.

eukaryotic cells - www.google.com...

cell membrane - www.google.com...

I find it difficult to think this could be otherwise. Any insights, comments or differing opinions?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Could it be cause by a fungus? I ask this because I seen a video about this fungus that can take over an insects brain and produce a zombie like effect.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Check out those morgellons websites. I highly doubt if a fungus can cause that kind of effect, let alone a moving/squirming worms under the skin. Interesting theory, but highly doubtful.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
No such 'disease'.

Studies on the fibers have not yet once come to an agreement on their composition, hokey explainations like 'must be "chemtrails"!' also do not work.

When any serious and real scientific discovery is made, which can be and IS verified by independent sources, we can move onto 'theories' such as this.

KTK

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Can someone go into the Jim Marrs forum and ask about this in the missing/dead scientists thread for me?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would like to know if he has even heard of this, or seen the superbug website.

Unfortunatly I care about ATS server space and watch what I post so I dont have enough points.

Thanks in advance

[edit on 17-9-2007 by KTK]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No such disease? Obviously you havent thoroughly read the links (any?) I must say, I am seriously disappointed by the lack of intelligent response to this thread. I was hoping for some enlightened (or at least informed) response. :-(

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Grock

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

Studies on the fibers have not yet once come to an agreement on their composition, hokey explanations like 'must be "chemtrails"!' also do not work.

If you want to be credited by the scientific community, you need real, verifiable, peer reviewed data - data that "agrees" with other independent findings. I have yet to see this.

edit;

I could care less about your feelings about my or other poster's intelligence, to be frank about it.

[edit on 9-22-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
If it hasnt been proven by science, then just what the heck is that stuff crawling around under peoples skin???!!!!

Just because you do not agree that something is happening doesnt mean that somethings not happening. To say it hasnt been verified by scientific communities is a COP OUT.

I guess sometimes burying our heads in the sand is better than facing (and examining and exploring) the truth/facts/examples.

and btw, you OBVIOUSLY didnt read the clongden labs report i included in my OP. I guess their laboratory doesnt count as scientific enough... maybe you could define that for me?

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Grock]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If it were a man-made weapon of terror, then I would probably give it the title; 'Worlds worste weapon of terror'. I'm sorry but, although I do not know what it is, things like SARS would be far more capable of placing terror inside people.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The first time I heard about Morgellons and observed pictures of infected tissue one thing stood out in that the filaments resemble Fungal Hyphae to a great degree, but differ greatly in that they apparently have no cellular structure. I find this quite odd if true, but not particularly alarming when looking at other infectious agents that act as parasites. If we also look at some Actinobacteria, such as Frankia Alni, which are composed of a multilayer of Hopanoid Lipids that build up the formation of the wall, we see that eukaryotic cellular structure is not necessarily indicative of every lifeform. Frankia Alni, in particular, are related to certain fungi through a symbiotic relationship and seem to resemble Morgellons filaments at least in visual structural composition. However, since no one has of yet been able to determine what Morgellons fibers are composed of it would be a huge leap of faith to classify them as a mutated or evolved form of Actinobacteria.

Comparing these filaments to other known infectious agents is one way of determining what they are and their possible origins. Case in point, viruses are not described as living organisms in the same sense that we would generally think. At the most basic of levels they are composed of Nucleic Acid (in the form of DNA or RNA) and a protein capsid, but display the acute ability to cause long and short term infection by hijacking the cells ability to replicate. By this definition they are much like a non-living organic parasite that only contain a set of instructions as to what functions to carry out. In lieu of this information, Morgellons doesn't necessarily have to fit into our definition of a living organism in order to cause severe problems, and the mere fact that the filaments resemble a macro sized counterpart to known Filoviruses should support this. Of course this is not to say that Morgellons is a virus, a bacterium, or a even member of the kingdom of Fungi.

As far as being form of nanotechnological bioterrorism, there is absolutely no proof that this is the case. I think it would be an extreme leap of faith to consider that a supposed organism such as Morgellons, which we know very little about at present, was manufactured in a laboratory. On top of all this information, and I cannot confirm this, I have heard reports that analysis of the fibers have determined them to be composed of high density polyethylene, but I cannot believe such claims until verifiable proof can be obtained from samples. Before jumping to such conclusions I would like to see results from DNA sequencing or more information as to the chemical and physiological composition of the filaments. More research and funding is needed to rule out possibilities...whether it be a verifiable physical condition or a mental condition (such as Delusional Parasitosis).

It's an interesting disease, but without further research all we can do is speculate.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
More research and funding is needed to rule out possibilities...whether it be a verifiable physical condition or a mental condition (such as Delusional Parasitosis).

It's an interesting disease, but without further research all we can do is speculate.

My points exactly, there is no "cop out", serious research must be done before any more unfounded speculation.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Scientists look at nanotubes inside living animals - www.sciencedaily.com...

The silica/polyethlylene connection:
A private study to determine the chemical and biological composition of these fibers has shown that the fibers' outer casing is made up of high density polyethylene fiber (HDPE). The fiber material is used commonly in the manufacture of fiber optics. There is no history of the individual in that industry or coming into contact with this material. It was further determined that this material is used throughout the bio nanotechnology world as a compound to encapsulate a viral protein envelope, which is composed of a viron (1/150th times smaller than a virus) with DNA, RNA, RNAi (mutated RNA) or RNAsi linear or ring plasmids for specific functions. (21, 22) Toxicological pathology identification of tissue biopsies from an individual diagnosed with Morgellons revealed the presence of continual silica or glass tubules with the presence of silicone.

Furthermore, silicone cannot make silica, but silica or silica bicarbonate can make silicone through natural cellular interaction in a biological system. The subject did not have breast implants or any other implant or silicon glue injections. "

The preliminary findings were disturbing. Morgellons appears to be a communicable nanotechnology invasion of human tissue in the form of self-assembling, self-replicating nanotubes, nanowires, and nanoarrays with sensors.

Other nanoconfigurations associated with Morgellons disease carry genetically-altered and spliced DNA or RNA. The nanomachines which precipitate Morgellons thrive in alkaline ph conditions and use the body's bio-electric energy and other (unidentified) elements for power. There is evidence that certain of the tiny machines possess their own internal batteries as well. The Morgellons nanomachines are configured to receive specific tuned microwave, EMF and ELF signals and radio data.

It is almost as if Morgellons is in the process of reconstructing people into an entirely different life form; a cyborg-like creature, both biological and machine. As well, with the reports that the Morgellons nanomachines are capable of receiving radio signals, this could indicate that each infected person/system would be able to communicate with other Morgellon sufferers, creating the potential that each person would be like a single brain-cell of a larger, artificial intelligence.

Meanwhile, at the State University of New York, Vitaly Citovsky, professor of biochemistry and cell biology, found that the lesions of Morgellons patients test positively for the presence of agrobacterium, a bacterium used in the commercial production of genetically modified food - but not normally found in skin sores.

A communicable nanotechnology invasion of human tissues in the form of self-assembling, self-replicating nanotubes, nanowires, nanoarrays with sensors, and other nano configurations, some carrying genetically-altered and spliced DNA/RNA. These nano machines thrive in extreme alkaline ph conditions and use the body's bio-electric energy and other (unidentified) elements for power. (People should *not* strive for an acidic ph - they should work for a normal pH of 7.5 +/-). There is some evidence these tiny machines possess their own internal batteries. They are also believed to be able to receive specific tuned microwave, EMF and ELF signals and information. To what end is not known. The symptoms vary from open skin lesions from which colored or plain fibers emerge, which do not scab normally, heal extremely slowly and never become bacterially-infected -- to brain fog, fatigue and depression, etc. It is also established that Morgellons nano machines are commonly found in all body fluids, orifices and often even hair follicles, and are believed to routinely achieve total body systemic penetration. It is reported by nearly all afflicted that Morgellons nano machines seem to have some kind of hive or 'group intelligence.'

These quotes are all taken from sites in the original OP.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grock
It was further determined that this material is used throughout the bio nanotechnology world as a compound to encapsulate a viral protein envelope, which is composed of a viron (1/150th times smaller than a virus) with DNA, RNA, RNAi (mutated RNA) or RNAsi linear or ring plasmids for specific functions.

I have to make a correction with the above statement, which also makes me question the validity of the article. Virons (also commonly referred to as Virions) are nothing more than single viral particles which can vary in size depending on which virus is being observed. Virions are not, as the source describes, 1/150 times smaller than a virus as they are actually the virus themselves. Another thing I see a problem with is the mention of RNAi (called RNA mediated interference), which is a short length of double stranded RNA, is responsible for the regulation of gene expression and immunological response. It has been used in clinical laboratories as a sort of genetic blocker for gene expression, but it would be a far stretch to call it "mutated RNA".

On top of this I have to mention that I have never heard of RNAsi, but have heard of the more common siRNA. This is yet another problem I see with the article in that it appears to not be based on actual science, and is completely off the mark in some instances. In the article they also mention the application of Bacteriophages into treatment and food products, but are completely off the mark about how these bacterial viruses work. They even go so far as to compare Bacteriophages to HIV, which is rather like comparing apples and oranges in that they are both fruit (viruses), but do not grow from the same tree (genetic structure and function). Bacteriophages are not harmful to humans, and there is not one piece of verifiable proof to the contrary.

I don't know if the article was translated from another language and care was not taken with the scientific translation, but after reading through the whole thing it just comes down to bad science. In fact, the article seems more like propaganda against the CDC, FDA, and EPA than actually dealing with the science behind Morgellons...which does little to solidify the argument.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
"Understand that many nations work on non disclosed targets in C3 environments, and that a "convenient" diplomatic protocol exists as to how to handle this type of situation.

Its all about statistical significance, and not about a relatively small number symptomatic people, and the fact that people disappear in statistic by way of unrelated cause of death(...)"

Only if major capital gain becomes a factor will the infected be informed how bad they suffer. That's another ten years to go for the people that are seriously affected.

The successful isolation of this element has also the potential to reveal that microbial resistance (anti-biotic resistance) significantly relates to experimental research done by C3; thus governmental subsidized Institutes.

If such institutes are privatized (e.g Harvard University) or not - does not matter. If consistent, it also may reveal that hospital acquired infections are the product of the same "grand medical institute" that tries to eradicate these types of infection.

Facts that can easily be gathered from this research are so confronting that nobody from the medical community dares to associate with it- simply out of fear for career damage and/ or ex- communication that for sure will result in future loss of capital gain.

But again, a research lab will never step forward to disclose (confirm). Facts will be commercialized and kept inconclusive as long as possible. Screening will only add more information to the present fact that quorum sensing made bacteria have gained the ability to grow multi cellular organisms including mammal and bird like expression.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
hi jazzerman,

thanks for the input on this topic , you seem to be very well read when it comes to this subject,

once again thanks.

snoppyuk

Ps. go Swansea City !!!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't think it's a subject so easily dismissed as people have actually committed suicide from its effects. It is indeed a mystery.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

I have found similarities in Gulf War Syndrome, Morgellons, Anthrax, MRSA and Sarin Gas. I think that bio-terrorism may be the culprit. The following is a list of symptoms I comprised from an external source. The information is available at the CDC as well as other health related websites.

Gulf War Syndrome
 Abdominal bloating
 Arthralgia (pain in joint)
 Chronic bronchitis
 Confusion
 Disabling fatigue
 Headaches
 Impairments in short-term memory
 Intermittent diarrhea
 Intermittent fevers
 Irritability and depression
 Myalgia (pain in muscles)
 Night sweats
 Photophobia (fear of light)
 Skin rashes
 Transient visual scotomata (loss of vision in a part of the visual field; blind spot).

Morgellons
 Biting and crawling sensations
 Chronic fatigue syndrome (cfs)
 Fibromyalgia (chronic pain in the muscles and soft tissues surrounding joints, fatigue, and tenderness at specific sites in the body)
 Joint pain
 Significant problems with concentration and memory
 Skin lesions

Anthrax
Cutaneous:
 a small sore that develops into a blister.
 blister then develops into a skin ulcer with a black area in the center. The sore, blister and ulcer do not hurt.
Gastrointestinal:
 The first symptoms are nausea,
 loss of appetite,
 bloody diarrhea,
 fever, followed by
 bad stomach pain.
Inhalation:
 The first symptoms of inhalation anthrax are like cold or flu symptoms and can include
 a sore throat,
 mild fever and
 muscle aches.
Later symptoms include:
 cough,
 chest discomfort,
 shortness of breath,
 tiredness and
 muscle aches

MRSA
Staph skin infections normally cause a red, swollen, and painful area on the skin. Other symptoms may include:
• A skin abscess
• Drainage of pus or other fluids from the site
• Fever
• Warmth around the infected area
Symptoms of a more serious staph infection may include:
• Rash
• Shortness of breath
• Fever
• Chills
• Chest pain
• Fatigue
• Muscle aches
• Malaise (general feeling of illness)
• Headache

Sarin Gas

Sarin Gas causes devastating, long-term damage to genes controlling memory, mood, thinking, muscle control and numerous other brain functions, U.S. researchers report. Sarin exposure can continue for years or even decades after the initial exposure because it alters gene expression of proteins critical to brain function.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Siren

The interesting thing, though, is that many of those symptoms can be attributed to tens if not hundreds or thousands of diseases/disorders. I'm not saying that they're not legitimate conditions, but, the symptoms are very non-specific in many cases.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It could be just coincidence that they all affect the mind, produce skin lesions and or sores and the remedy appears illusive. I hope it is not bio-terror. It could also be that the mutant got away.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siren
It could be just coincidence that they all affect the mind, produce skin lesions and or sores and the remedy appears illusive. I hope it is not bio-terror. It could also be that the mutant got away.

Well, anthrax has been around for a long, long time. MRSA isn't far-fetched either, being just a natural evolution of bacteria in their struggle for survival against new antibiotics. I don't know what causes Gulf War Syndrome, though it's possible it's related to the chemical weapons Hussein had in many of the bunkers in Iraq, and that the soldiers were exposed to them through the campaign.

I would like to know what Morgellons ends up being. It's a pretty interesting mystery, though I'm curious if any of the sufferers have actually undergone treatment for delusional parasitosis. It seems that most of them scoff at that diagnosis and move on, but, I haven't read anything about anyone who went through that treatment and reported the results.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join