It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people, I really need help here

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It was the middle of the day today, a very sunny cloudless hot day, on 9/11/2007. I was upstairs talking to my mom Who was doing her hair. while i was talking to her right in the room behind her as clear as day, a very tall shadow person just walked from one end of the room to the other, it looked right at me and kept walking. It was solid black. and seeing one in a room with many big windows in it was the wierdest thing. I know it was real. I said "holy S***" and pointed but by the time my mom turned around it went around the corner. I flipped out and told my mom about what I saw.

Now I am a very happy person, and Sure I do belive that it has to do with ones emotional or spiritual state. but I really have no problems I go to church every sunday, and like I said I'm a happy person. I really Don't want this thread to be a spiritual debate. I just want to know if other people have seen these things and can explain how or why they are around.

The Shadow Person I saw was about 7 feet tall very skinny and lanky kinda walked a little hunched over, had a like odd shapped head, almost like a hat on or something.

I need some help my Mother said she has seen them walking around the yard at night, and I have seen them too. We have reason to belive that our house has some polterguiest (sp) activity seeing as how the previous owners of it were horrible people, the house is sad, you can tell. we are trying to fix it. but they just wont leave, weve been in the house for about 6 years now.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lowtoc
It was the middle of the day today, a very sunny cloudless hot day, on

ah, the opening of the third eye chakra. what wonders will we all observe, what horrors will be manifest from our minds, as the process of awakening to the higher realms continues.

If you don't want these entities around, tell them to get out. build a little white bubble round your home and push them all on the other side. easy.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What do you mean a little white bubble around my home? I don't care that I see them, they don't bother me, they kinda interest me actualy.just all the stories i hear they have evil intentions.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lowtoc

Not all have evil intentions but I have read a lot of scary stories. Here is the TiniWiki article I wrote up on the subject. tinwiki.org...

I've had a personal experience a couple years ago. A close friend of mine gave me some ash to spread on the entrances of the house and said I should ask the creator to help send them to where they are suposed to be.
It seemed to do the trick as I haven't seen it since.
However, not long ago it seems my four year old son has seen one.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That's pretty neat. Spiritual, eh? Maybe it's technological?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
these ones don't seem evel intended though, they appear when someone is going through something rough, emotionaly. like they are here to kinda of keep things calm? I don't know, they really don't do any harm, they stay out of our beed rooms, and like i said Just appear when times get rough. they are very passive and Don't really pay us anny attention, but the one today gave me a scare casue it looked right at me.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
They can interact physically and occasionally pin you down. I was pinned down on my bed by one. My mom was too. She says she doesn't know if it was a dream or she was awake, but she did run out of her bed room crying. Now, she refused to speak about it. She keeps telling me it was a dream, but why was she crying that day? Do some research on Mothmen. You might find some interesting things.

Umbrax, nice article on wiki. I like what you wrote about them being manifestations of our darker selves and I think spiritual progression keeps them out and eventually your brain re-wires itself. This is called a nervous breakdown. The influence is gone, and you have nothing but the spirit guide and you, without any alien intrusions.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
In my experiences with shadow figures, there intentions to me seem inquisitive. Usually attracted to an individual going through a spiritual phase.

I have noted that they seem reflective of the current state of mind. If you're calm they reflect calmness, if you're afraid they reflect fear. It seems to be their crude way of communicating.

It reminds me of Don Juan's discussions with Carlos Castaneda of scouts which belong to inorganic beings.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hi, great thread. I'm not clear if your saying you saw a dark shadowy figure, or a shadow that didn't seem to have a physical figure there creating it??? My best friends dad once told us a "ghost story" when we were teenagers camping in the Rocky Mountains. He told us that when he was younger back in the early 1970's he had a part-time janitorial job cleaning a church late in the night. He said he seen a shadow of someone walking but judging from the shadow, where he thought there should be some-one there...No one was there. Just the shadow of a man walking. The part that really gave us the chills was when he said the shadow appeared to basicly 'jump' up the wall to the church roof and disapear. If it was a real person casting the shadow there was no possible way a man could have just jumped from the ground to the roof. My friend's dad was a grown man and he seriously had trouble even finishing the story. By the end part when he was describing the "Shadow Person" his eyes watered up and his voice was cracking like he was about to break down and cry. Me and my friend were like 14 at the time and his dad's emotional ending to the 'ghost story' really freaked us the heck out.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
A year or so I had an experience that most would catagorize as sleep paralysis, but I don't accept that explaination due to the instinctual understanding I had at the time.

I was sleeping on my stomach and I woke up (I say woke up where as in reality I came to in a fight or flight survival mode) I immediately sat up and was as frightened as I have ever been.

I knew when I was awakened that some kind of dark spiderish like arms and legs was somehow pulling out something that would be in the area of my heart, only from the back side. It was freaky. Very real and very scary. I felt like if I hadn't woken up and fought my way back taht something bad would have happened.

I don't know how I can say I *saw* something that wouldn't have been in my line of vision, but sometimes it just is that way.

My 2 cents

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
some kind of dark spiderish like arms and legs
My 2 cents

Wow, that's pretty freaky...As far as "the topic of Shadow People" Other than spooky shadows with no physical figure around to make the shadow. Entities known as "Skin Walkers" also come to mind. I'm very close to a Native American family, there tribe is Dine'. Over the years they've told me many stories about "Skin Walkers" and the different beliefs/ superstitions and experiences. I personal believe that the Native Americans, as well as other tribal type people that live more "in-tune" with nature are capable or more sensative to experience things that the average person today would never believe.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Lo, I have seen them a few times in my 28 years. The first time I saw one it was dancing between two street lights looking at me. It would jump into shadows, move closer to me, then move away. It was almost kinda playful. Look at it this way, If its your time to go, its your time. I just don't worry bout it =)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Intrestedalways, I have a question. When you woke up, did it feel like the fight of your life to just sit up? Was everything kinda have a haze to it? The back of your neck burn from all the effort you put into moving?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
A year or so I had an experience that most would catagorize as sleep paralysis, but I don't accept that explaination due to the instinctual understanding I had at the time.

I was sleeping on my stomach and I woke up (I say woke up where as in reality I came to in a fight or flight survival mode) I immediately sat up and was as frightened as I have ever been.

I knew when I was awakened that some kind of dark spiderish like arms and legs was somehow pulling out something that would be in the area of my heart, only from the back side. It was freaky. Very real and very scary. I felt like if I hadn't woken up and fought my way back taht something bad would have happened.

I don't know how I can say I *saw* something that wouldn't have been in my line of vision, but sometimes it just is that way.

My 2 cents

One time a doctor I had for depression put me on Haldol and I blacked out for many days.... My Mom told me later that I told her that a demon was in my chest and I was trying to pull it out...

I am now a christian and I believe I had one. Jesus took care of it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
youtube is pretty good about keeping coast 2 coast topics. you could search for shadow people there or google coast 2 coast and find there archives george was talking about this a few weeks ago and more in the past. though i dont know much about them to help you c2c is a great source for many subjects along this line.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
to answer cynical572's question, I was talking about the shadow person that I saw walk across my living room. but like I said before they seem pretty chill about everything.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sounds like you had a facinating, if some what weird experience!

Reports of shadow people have existed throughout history. The observer generally reports seeing a dark shadow that resembles the form of a human which appears and moves of its own accord. The figure does not have distinguishable facial features and may be either much smaller or larger than a human. They are often noticed as movement from the corner of the eye, sometimes disappearing when the observer turns to investigate. Shadow people may move quickly across a room, usually disappearing through the wall or closed door. Many report a feeling of extreme dread or fear accompanying the sighting, as has already been mentioned. Stop and think about it for a minute. You will probably realize that you haven't only seen this phenomena once - but many, many times, just like millions of other people.

So what are "Shadow People?" Are they ghosts, visuals from another dimension, something from the demon realm, or none of the above?

Many believe that shadow people are the ghost of someone who has passed on but is not able to leave this physical world for some reason. Others believe that shadow people are creatures of another dimension that somehow overlaps our own, causing it to be partially visible.

Other paranormal enthusiasts believe that shadow people were never human at all and are a demonic spirit that embodies pure evil. Some have reported seeing glowing red eyes, but generally shadow people appear as a simple form that resembles the human form.

Your story sounds fascinating Lowtoc and I can well imagine your face as the 'creature' appeared, then walked away from you. A face of absolute 'WTF!' Can you remember seeing these things as a young child? Do any memories stick out that you could 'tap in to?'

A state, known as hypnogogia, a physiological condition when a person is half way between sleeping and waking, could explain some sightings, but then you were fully awake and you didn't see 'him' from the corner of your eye, but full on. Hypnogogia could explain many instances of people reporting shadow people, but it does not explain the appearances observed by those who are wide awake or day time sightings, such as yourself.

Other skeptics attribute shadow people to nothing more than overactive imaginations and neurological disorders that trigger hallucinations or visual disturbances. This may be true in some cases, but does not explain images caught on film or shadow people who have been observed by more than one person.

That above quote leads me to this article I found where scientists attempt to re-create shadow people on a woman who believes she has many encounters with them. Amazing what they found, and might add some clues to what you're perceiving.

Here's the article

And here's a brief snippet:

The paper, published in the British journal Nature, describes the case of a 22-year-old woman with no history of psychiatric problems who was being evaluated for treatment of epilepsy. When a region of her brain called the left temporoparietal junction was electrically stimulated, the woman described encounters with a ‘shadow person' who mimicked her bodily movements.

"Electrical stimulation repeatedly produced a feeling of the presence of another person in her extra-personal space," said Olaf Blanke, co-author of the study conducted by a team of researchers from University Hospital in Geneva, Switzerland.

When the patient was lying down, stimulation of this brain region caused her to feel that someone was behind her. She described the person as young, of indeterminate sex, "a shadow who did not speak or move, and whose position beneath her back was identical to her own", according to the researchers.

Anyway, it goes onto conclude that they found stimulating parts of her brain electrically caused her to sense and feel the shadow person moving like she was, or sat in particular way - just like her. Interesting stuff I'm sure you will agree. Could your brain be going through some electrical change? Remember, the brain uses electrical current daily in order to tweak and move muscles. Is it currently in a high electrical state at the moment, and is that why you saw what you saw? That's just another theory I thought I'd share with you.

Shadow people do not appear to be dangerous, although they fill the observer will an overwhelming sense of fear and dread. So I really wouldn't worry (if you are.) For some, a psychic cleansing has taken care of the problem.

All in all, keep us up dated with your story, and be sure to explain more of the incident in greater detail if you indeed can!

Good story, great thread!

Arawn.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Arawn great information thanks! And yes I have had some expierences when I'm half asleep half awake, but those werer years ago, all this started happening when we moved into this house. but we are getting ready to move out of this house. but Ive heard that it might not be the house that I might have a demon following me.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hi i just wanted to say that there is no such thing as GOOD and EVIL because if you read the bible jesus brings people back to life NECROMANCY which cathlics consider evil so if you think about there is a riddle in itself...because that means that either jesus isnt pure of heart or evil doesnt exist (there is a third solution)

but back to the spirit..i'd say that you talk to him...he was among the land of the living once but it seems like he has been exsiled from were he went to talk to him get to know him and then everything will turn out allright because even if your a bad person you still are a person even after death well im a healer so i dont beleive in good and bad but the biggest worry is that someone is astro projecting themselves from another country....its a possibility none the less and also if you want to learn a HEALING TECHNIQUE WHICH WORKS IN A MATTER OF 10-30 SECONDS PM ME and il teach you lol

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantPanda1979
Intrestedalways, I have a question. When you woke up, did it feel like the fight of your life to just sit up? Was everything kinda have a haze to it? The back of your neck burn from all the effort you put into moving?

To answer your question. It was more like if I hadn't woke up at that time I might never have. It felt like life or death. Almost like the thing would have pulled me into a black hole or something.

About the back of the neck feeling you mentioned. On a sepertate occasion while doing an online experiment to send energy out with a group of others I listening to "Duel of the fates" from star wars I did experience a hold on the back of my neck when the meditation/energy output was over. It was very pronounced. Like something had me basicaly paralized by the hold on the neck. I felt somehow used when it was over.

As far as shadow people go, I had a male freind who confided in me one night that the previous night he saw a small creature crawl accross his bed and look at him and then disappear. He said it had long arms and a small body and moved on all fours. He was scared by it. It disappeared after making eye contact with him. I didn't know what to make of it and thought maybe he was opening himself to some places he shouldn't go. There is a very similar account on this thread of another persons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join