It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is government if words do not have meaning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I asked the same question to Congresswoman Gaberielle Giffords recently. She visited a local mall near me and was having one-on-one meetings with anyone. Giffords believed words have meaning and is not able to say somethings as a representative. Her answer to my question was that it is Democracy with certain values. I asked, is that government? She then reworded her sentence with the same answer. I asked, is that even Democracy?

Giffords broke eye contact with me and looked away from me thinking. It was silent for a few seconds as she was still thinking. I told her that in a public speaking class i was taught words do not have meaning. Some noticeable examples I gave were with non verbals and different languages. She started speaking to me in a different language. I looked at her with a smile on my face and told her I didn't understand a thing. My time was up and she asked me to sign up for news letters and sign up for a committee to help out.

I was not disappointed with my results with Gaberielle Giffords and I am looking forward to posts here.

What is government if words do not have meaning?

join