It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Officials Begin Crafting Iran Bombing Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanguard223
You're right...I wish the U.S. would just take 10 steps back and ignore all the heinous crap going on in the world. Cut all of our funding to everyone and just sit back and watch the show. It would be entertaining watching the rest of the world try to deal with the crap that the U.S. steps up to the plate on. Good luck with that.

OMG, the world has but one savior and his name is Uncle Sam.

Seems to me that thee is a helluva lot of messing up along with the cleaning up.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm not saying the U.S. is perfect, just that they do a lot of good in the world that is NEVER acknowledged. We're always the bad guys to people like you. Give it a rest already, it's a tired act.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm not saying the U.S. is perfect, just that they do a lot of good in the world that is NEVER acknowledged. We're always the bad guys to people like you. Give it a rest already, it's a tired act.

Hey mate, just replying to YOUR post. Seems like this is a 2 act play and the first act is just as tiring.

Thin skin isn't a good thing on a discussion board. Who says no one doesn't acknowlegde the good the US does? I didn't. Oh, wait........YOU DID.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, but the 8-10 month thing is blatantly rubbish. They will attack by the end of the year... or by February next year at most.

I can't see this becoming WW3 though... but I do have a feeling that at least a handful of other countries will try and get involved in this war - one of which I'm hoping is not the UK, but no doubt we'll be getting sucked in anyway..

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

First of all, I'm not your "mate". Secondly, don't mistake me arguing my points for having thin skin. This board is a pit of anti-Americanism. Me arguing FOR the U.S. is a breath of fresh air around here. Europeans, of all people, should be on good terms with the U.S. Just look around this board, nearly every thread is full of "blame America".

I have a question for you...is this site based in Europe?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanguard223

I think you'll find there's probably an even number of American users and European users here on this board. It's just that, a large number of the American users will be blaming their own country for the state of the world right now too..

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

First of all, I'm not your "mate".

No problem, I wasn't feeling the love anyways.

Secondly, don't mistake me arguing my points for having thin skin. This board is a pit of anti-Americanism. Me arguing FOR the U.S. is a breath of fresh air around here.

Oh, please. You are only focusing on what you want to see.

I have a question for you...is this site based in Europe?

Actually the site is owned by 2 Americans and a Brit.

Btw, the 2/3 of the members on this site are American. So if you're perceiving anti-Americanism it just might be your fellow countrymen/women that are dissing your gov't. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I agree...there is nothing wrong with Americans, or anyone else for that matter, "dissing" the U.S. It just seems to be pretty common on these boards and I'm saying something about it. I think the nature of the site attacts the types to do that.

I posted a positive thread (about the U.S.) on another portion of this site as an experiment. I'm willing to bet it degenerates into another bash America thread in short order.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
don't be deceived y'all.. the iraq war was designed in 80's with wolfowitz book about "operation draining the swamp" that they tried to get Clinton to use. but he wouldn't go that far.. so they they turned on him for impeachment trial "a slap on the hand." after 911 bush jumped all over it.. my point is how far does the military complex intend for this to go..? it seems they've planned this all the way to Iran and Syria years ago..they had most of the targets years ago. they only updated it for the media to avoid revealing this. i personally think they are waiting for either Syria to fully engage Israel or the Iranian nuke scenario.. but the plan is not new and they will go all the way.. excuse me while i go get a shovel to dig a bunker..

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by slaveearth
the US. needs to just stop this now...take a step back !!!

I don't have a problem being wrong on this, but I believe the U.S. has been taking a step back for several years now. For over a year now, or more the US has taken a continual diplomatic approach with Iran, yet their leader continues to shout threats of destruction.

It's possible the US would not still be in Iraq if it weren't for the continual resupplying of militants (No clue who was supplying them...hmmm).

In a Newsweek article several months back it was mentioned Mahmoud Ahmadinejad takes in 50% of his nation's GDP. I believe sanctions where placed on his direct accounts, yet his definance to the global community is continual. Many are beginning to see the diplomatic approach with such a regime as pointless/time consuming/unproductive.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well after falling the post for a while, I thought I would throw my 2 cents in. All the Americans in here stating the government is evil need to take a step back for a second. Gas is in high demand and our dollar is falling. So does anyone have a solution besides coming up with alternative fuels. There isn't a lot of time for everyone to change their vehicles to alternative fuels. If Iran dumps the dollar, the middle class would cease to exist in America. Same thing with China, China decides to that they want their money, thats it. Both of those roads will lead to war and for those here in America say that it is wrong, yeah it is but thats the life we have grown acustom to. We did this to ourselves and we just might be the bad guys.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
[New York Sun] IRAN - Iran Is Found To Be a Lair of Al Qaeda

"One of two known Al Qaeda leadership councils meets regularly in eastern Iran, where the American intelligence community believes dozens of senior Al Qaeda leaders have reconstituted a good part of the terror conglomerate's senior leadership structure"

www.nysun.com...

We may be close to the ignition switch.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So Iran gets bombed or nuked just because it may or may not be close to going nuclear, oh and they may house or may not house a terrorist or terrorists, I suppose it is all conjecture and depends on which side of the fence you are or geographically and somewhat religiously placed.

So as America are the ones waving the big stick, those of you who may think I'm American bashing then feel free to do so but I'm not, just saying it as I see it.

How come, those countries who have nuclear capability as in for energy needs (and of course have followed the path of nuclear ability and developed the bomb) have not been threatened, take us in the UK, or China, France,Russia.

Perhaps we should look further afield and at more Islamic / Muslim style states, such as Pakistan or India and soon Iran, to me it seems like America is acting like the playground bully, but only picking on those who cannot offer much resistance.

I just cannot understand why countries have to be embargoed / starved, just because they want to catch up a little technology wise with the worlds pace setters, fair enough impose sanctions if there is a mass genocide going on overseen by a power crazy dictator.

America, just sit back for minute and let the world breathe for a change, I'm sure if Iran did achieve nuclear ability, then the last country they would consider attacking would be America, afterall you would wipe them clean off the map.

Ooops nearly forgot, OIL, yep or should that be yup, it is all about OIL, you gotta keep those mega rich companies happy who have America's best interests at heart, you gotta keep them boys happy while they count their gold America goes down the pan.

Go back to the time of the American Independence when America's heart was true, show me that America please.

Wolfie

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com...

Looks like this proved to be True...

www.foxnews.com...

I especially loved this part...

WASHINGTON — A recent decision by German officials to withhold support for any new sanctions against Iran has pushed a broad spectrum of officials in Washington to develop potential scenarios for a military attack on the Islamic regime, FOX News confirmed Tuesday.

So are we going to war with Iran or Islam here?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is not the America of the 20's and 30's. Those American made real sacrifices and not just the military but everyone. That was something to be proud of and a lot of countries recognized it. America has climbed to its peak I am afraid and if we don't do somehing then we will be just another Roman Empire.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
So Iran gets bombed or nuked just because it may or may not be close to going nuclear, oh and they may house or may not house a terrorist or terrorists, I suppose it is all conjecture and depends on which side of the fence you are or geographically and somewhat religiously placed.

You know this post really makes me angry.

But not at the poster, though I'm sure we don't agree on the overall Iran issue.

I am angry because this President, who I sadly voted for TWICE, has put us in a position in which it is going to be very difficult to ever launch a pre-emptive strike again. At least not without incurring the wrath of the rest of the world.

I'm sure many here disagree but I consider a pre-emptive war to be a legitimate option for a country but ONLY, if there is a demonstrable, imminent threat to said country's national security.

Bush's irresponsible decisions concerning Iraq have so damaged our reputation that it will be difficult to garner ANY support for pre-emptive action. And there could very well come a time when that will be necessary.

If we are honest with ourselves, how can any of us believe him if he makes a speech advising us that we are facing a grave threat and must take action? How many of us trust him?

I have always believed that, before a President takes a country to war, he should feel comfortable standing in front of me and make the case as to why I would let him take my son or daughter off to war.

If Bush stood in front of me and tried to make that case, I'd be hard pressed NOT to tell him to get his sorry butt out of my house.

I don't feel good about that. I love my country. I just feel he has done more to damage it then any President that I can recall...and that includes Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Night Watchman]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Night Watchman

I have starred your post.

Not only as an American but as a member or the world you can see past the national fervour a patriot would rightfully show and see the mistakes made or soon to be made by ones own leaders.

Sir I applaud you.

Wolfie

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

WASHINGTON — A recent decision by German officials to withhold support for any new sanctions against Iran has pushed a broad spectrum of officials in Washington to develop potential scenarios for a military attack on the Islamic regime, FOX News confirmed Tuesday.

So are we going to war with Iran or Islam here?

Yeah I noticed that too. Not only are they trying to sell the Iran war, but they're attempting to dehumanize Muslims. It's bad enough that some of our troops are treating them as something less than human. They're people too!

I keep thinking of the movie 'The Siege' in regards to current events.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The UN has taken a tough line on this too.

It's been very vocal over Iran. I'd expect a statement from the United Nations very soon now.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I'm sure there are allot of issues and personal agendas that the current administration is trying to wrap up before their time is brought to a close.
Its kind of like your last hour at Six Flags, you scramble to do all you can before leaving.

I don't see much resistance to military action against Iran coming from the Democrats, especially the 2008 presidential candidates. Obama wants to throw in Pakistan as well

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join