It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to Announce Troop Cut in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Bush to Announce Troop Cut in Iraq

www.foxnews.com

President Bush will tell the nation this week he plans to reduce the American troop presence in Iraq by about 30,000 by next summer, but will condition those and further cuts on continued progress, The Associated Press has learned.

In a primetime television address, probably Thursday, Bush will endorse the recommendations of his top general and top diplomat in Iraq, following their appearance at two days of hearings in Congress, administration officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The political hot potato is ready to come out of the oven. The long awaited troop withdrawal will embolden Bush's critics and speed the growing political instability in Iraq. No doubt Iran will be watching with keen interest and will attempt to capitalize on this development.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Is funny how they spin things in DC in order to score political points, what he is doing is bringing home troops already schedule to come back and bring troops levels to per surge levels.

The Pentagon had already signal that they could not maintain troops levels that high for more than a year without causing some serious damage to military personnel strenght in other places and to equipment.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
interesting...

You'd think this would be a big story. Haven't we been told ad nauseum that the troops coming home was the "big issue" yet there seems to be more interest in yhis.

I'm not complaining, I'm just amused... Maybe it's not War in Iraq after all.

The irony that a Russian bomb is a more discussed story than our military forces in Iraq is just downright... Explosive.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
He's on now...

The speech is going as anticpated.

No aliens.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
His address to the nation right now is as nauseating as him, everything is about everybody else wishes but the wishes of the American people is disregarded completely.

We must sacrificed because that it his will and his corporate buddies.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh, for Petes sakes, what did he say that makes any difference?

BTW, the alien was looking thru the window on his left side. I'm surprised you guys missed it.

This is just more hot air.

He doesnt even know or says how he's going to end the war, or what plans he has. He's got no clue.

He's just maybe going to reduce some of the "surge" troops, while the rest will remain- in other words, it will be like it was last year. What is so great about this?

He doesnt even know what TH to do. Unreal.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
He said "5,700 troops" well thats not even a dent at all. I got out because I dont want to go back again. Very sad, not sure I am happy my eyes are opened now.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

That wasn't an alien dg it was Halibuton
Remember Haliburton is running the war in Iraq and when Haliburton get tired of milking the American tax payer then the war will be over, or just will be time to move to Iran, and start miling again.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What did he say about Iran again? Did I hear him connet them to Al-Qeada, then use the dreaded "WMD" term? I find this very disturbing. I can't find the transcript yet, but when I do, I'll find that quote that I'm sure I heard.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Haliburton, KBR, Global Crossing and other making mad cash over there. Shrimp/lobster on Saturdays and Steaks on Sundays. Food is all you can eat on base but off you had to do the MREs. All the crap about no gear is who you work for and how well you write thats it! I had L3 body armor knifes out my butt and newest firearms known to modern man.

10 Billion a month please I just want 1 billion and I'll be happy, hell I will fix everything with that money.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Everything I post drops so low must be my points. Anyway, I am ex mil, ask me anything within reason. Like what is it like, how did you live, I spent over a year in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No surprises here by the time next July rolls around next year I will be rugged up by my heater and the troop surge will have done its job. The whole point of the Surge was to make sure that Bush could pass the Buck onto someone else.
I am not denying the surge was a military success but if that had been the main goal the US military would have redeployed troops from South Korea and Germany in order to boast numbers on the ground.

Also if the primary goal had been military gains the surge would have taken place years ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Dern it, I missed it. At least I think I missed something.

Here's a CNN Article for anyone that's interested.

So basically this was just telling the American public that the additional troops brought in for the surge will be home next summer? As DG so eloquently put it, "What is so great about this?".

That and the fact nobody listens to anything that comes out of his mouth. If your wondering why there's not much interest, there is your answer.

reply to post by Keebie

Keebie, were not ignoring you because of your points, we're just ignoring you.

Seriously, thank you for your service and I would like to hear about your experience and how you feel about the war, but that is off topic. Maybe you could start a thread on what you experienced. If you do send me a U2U, because I wouldn't want to miss it.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Is funny how they spin things in DC in order to score political points, what he is doing is bringing home troops already schedule to come back and bring troops levels to per surge levels.

The Pentagon had already signal that they could not maintain troops levels that high for more than a year without causing some serious damage to military personnel strength in other places and to equipment.

They have been talking about this on Countdown and hardball all week and it is such a shameless con. The weasel thinks all he has to do is say the sun is blue and the sky yellow and we are all supposed to nod our heads in agreement.

No one except his hard core believers, what about 30 of them left now... no sorry 30%
will believe he is actually doing something.

Naivety has its charm in children... not in grown men and women.

I couldn't even bring myself to listen to him so I put on the Clash and turned it up on high.

We can only hope he oozes back into the hole he slithered out of come January 09 and stays there.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Is it just THIS administration, or have previous administrations always
given the press a copy of the President's speech many hours in
advance? I haven't watched a Bush address since 9/11, because
the News Websites always spill the beans in advance. Maybe Carter
and Bush Sr. did this too, but there wasn't a CNN.com, FoxNews.com,
etc.. with millions of internet users during that time. Hopefully the
next Prez will bring back an aura of anticipation wiith his (or her)
addresses to the nation.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So is Bush saying that this gradual Iraq pull out is necessary in order to send troops to Iran instead? I mean, I really, really would like to know if he said that but if he's not then he's being on the up and up on what's really going on is he?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
No bush minor is claiming credit for something already scheduled to happen by necessity in order to make himself look good.

Its a shell game and a shameless one at that, especially considering its being played with lives.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Bush's speech was a joke...and i think he is beginning to realize it...iraq is all his...
a total cluster-#,...no, THE MOTHER OF ALL CLUSTER-#S!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
As DG so eloquently put it, "What is so great about this?".
My eloquence is just astounding, isnt it.
Thanks for the mention.
You are correct, though, as far as nobody is really listening. I'ts painful to listen to that man- very painful that he is in charge of this nation and continues to embarrass ME, a citizen of the USA. I really cant bear the sight of him- but i did listen.

He said nothing.

Every time he says " I want to protect the American Citizens and give them continued liberty"...I want to throw up.

But thats me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join