It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GlobalIncidentMap.com Special Notice: 09/11/2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

www.globalincidentmap.com

We have received a request from a federal law enforcement individual to make the following public request (paraphrased)...

Over the next two to three weeks, citizens should be especially vigilant in noticing and reporting suspicious activity, particularly suspicious surveillance of federal buildings, law enforcement locations, or non-tourist locations such as critical infrastructure (Dams, bridges, airports, railways, power facillities, ports, military bases and recruiting locations, etc)
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I find it interesting that they state "over the next two to three weeks" people should be especially vigilant. A little more specific than the usual vigilance warnings.

www.globalincidentmap.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
uh oh, I better cut out my habit of stopping along roadways and highways and picking wild fruit. I did it today and didn't even think of how I might look to another person who is looking for "suspicious" activity.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
that's a rather ominous alert.

add that to the litany of strange and scary events/coincidences/alerts etc that have been cropping up of late.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Indeed worrisome, but I have to wonder about the source.
It this one that is on par with debka or WND? Or is this a more legit source for information.
Either way, it certainly does add another layer to my paranoia!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

That 's just the problem. How do you know when to react? Not too far away from where I live is a reservoir. Which could fall under the dam, bridge or power facility they are talking about. Hundreds, if not thousands, of people stop every year at a little lookout area to take pictures or just take in the view. How do you decide when someone is suspicious?

I just wonder what makes them think this is going to happen over the next few weeks.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by observer

I guess I have always considered it "reliable". The site is basically a global map of reported activities, with links to news stories about them. They don't write the stories, they link to them (most of them MSM). I have seen just a time or two before where the owners of the site have made any comments themselves and they always put a disclaimer that it is their opinion or story.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Another thing: Have we ever had warnings before specifically stating that they might be disguising themselves? Could they be using disguises because of the pictures taken of the men on the ferries?

Is this a prelude to an attack in the US?

FBI Searching for Suspicious Washington State Passengers

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
uh oh, I better cut out my habit of stopping along roadways and highways and picking wild fruit. I did it today and didn't even think of how I might look to another person who is looking for "suspicious" activity.

are you serious

i wouldn't inform the authorities about you, you're an ATSer

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just some info:

When I tried to open the link in the OP's post, it only opened a blank incident page. There was no information at all.

After trying it several times, and looking for it in other places on their site, I logged into chat and asked them about the link.

They said the link was accurate, and so was the information in it, but that it was taken down, and that they may put it back up later today.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Huh, did they say why it was taken down? Or if it will be put back with the same or different wording? Maybe the Federal official didn't like them paraphrasing.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
No, they didn't really say, and I didn't ask. I was just happy it wasn't my pc. Sorry I didn't ask more details. Perhaps you can go there and chat with them. Its a free registration, and he seemed real nice.

I kept the relevant portion of the chat log though. Here is all I know.

IncidentMapAdmin Tue 16:54
The link has been removed, it was indeed the correct link.

XXXXX Tue 16:54
OK, thanks.

IncidentMapAdmin Tue 16:54
We may choose to repost it later in the day.

XXXXXX Tue 16:55
Oh, OK. Much appreciated. Thanks for the help.

IncidentMapAdmin Tue 16:55
The information displayed in that link, before it was pulled down, was indeed accurate

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ok, I think this is accurate and I will tell you why...On the 7th I flew out of Houston back home to Anchorage. Well, my mom works for Delta airlines, so we took her car to the airport and went through the employee parking section. Let me tell you, there was so much security, a mouse couldn't even get through. They had barricades, diversions set up, cones and police and Security at different areas checking you multiple times. My mom said in all the years she has worked there she has never seen it like that. It was crazy! They were only doing this in the employee section, no where else. Makes you wonder what kind of intel they have....???

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Thanks, makeitso. I think I will ask.

Wrangell, I agree. To me it's like they know who they are looking for, but don't know where to look exactly.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
UPDATE

The notice is back up with an addition:

GlobalIncidentMap.com Editors Note: Additionally, the ITTR has issued a 'TAM-C' Severe Worldwide Alert recommending Increased Awareness, and Enhanced Security, immediately through 09/20/2007, and Increased Security through the end of Ramadan on 10/13/2007 To learn more about the ITTR visit their website at www.terrorresponse.org

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow.

That was fast. And with a heck of an update.

I think the link changed to this

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

I think the link changed to this

Thanks for the updated link. I was checking out this ITTR website (I got interrupted so didn't get far) and it looks like a for-hire company. Will look into it more in a bit. Anybody heard of this place before and/or can you find this "'TAM-C' Severe Worldwide Alert" they are talking about?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
good site

And the alert is very interesting and odd too.

I've bookmarked the site, keep an eye on things.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
this is what I found out about it otherhalf

In 2005, the directors of the Institute of Terrorism Research and Response (ITRR) were asked to set up a network for clients that we work with. By monitoring adversarial websites, chat rooms, blogs, and additional resources, the analysts and researchers were able to notify our clients in advance on potential adversarial threats and attacks against them or interests of the client.

Through its Targeted Actionable Monitoring Center (TAM-C), ITRR has been monitoring and analyzing resources in various languages. This Center is based both in Israel and the United States and is staffed by researchers and intelligence analysts with backgrounds in multiple languages, intelligence, and research and analysis.
inhomelandsecurity.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Kind of goes along with the info I found out last week....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join