It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spielberg presents UFO encounters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Spielberg presents UFO encounters
'Taken' a 10-part miniseries on alien subject
Monday, December 2, 2002

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- The sky's no limit for Sci Fi Channel's "Taken," which is big by just about any measurement.

The 10-part miniseries dramatizes more than five decades of alien-abduction and UFO mythology. It clocks in at 20 hours. Ten directors worked on it. The budget was a reported $40 million.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2002 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It is a excellant mini-series I highly recomend it. I think part two is on tonight at 9:00 on sci/fi.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:23 AM
link   
the budget was $120 million making it the most expensive mini series of all time and the BBC have it booked to show in January / February for all the Uk peeps.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 07:25 PM
link   
www.rockymountainnews.com...

It was not $120 million... it was $40 million.

I'm not sure of your sources, but mine is on the link above. It is not that good of a mini-series, but some things are thought provoking.

I like the ideas about mental-powered spacecraft, alien hybrids, peaceful/harmful experimentation, and government screw-ups. It just gets a little slow at some points. I'll keep watching to see if it speeds up as it gets closer to modern day. I want to see what new technology is going to pop up

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 08:11 PM
link   
great miniseries. but such a big budget yet the aliens look a bit "unrealistic". The aliens in Fire In The Sky and in X-Files look alot better.

posted on Dec, 4 2002 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Is the mini-series based on real events or completly made up. i will watch it if it has truth to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I like the mini-series but the damn commercials are a pain the in the caboose.
By the way, I've had a close encounter and this is a bit frighting to watch.

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Hi dude,
My source was from UK UFO mag who received the information from the production company themselves. I will dbl check the amount when I get back tonight and repost if I am wrong, but I'm sure it was that figure. I wonder if the figure quoted in your article is just from the last year.. the concept and background has been going on since '99 and UFO mag had world exclusive announcements on it in the early stages. But anyway, I'll check.

posted on Dec, 5 2002 @ 08:03 AM
link   
maybe the difference in figures is due to exchange rates - Phait ,you did say u got it out of a UK mag.

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 09:30 AM
link   
heh! I was wrong it was an estimated $130 million!

pg 35, UK UFO mag. The first half of the article seems to have come from the SCI-FI channel themselves. The seocnd half talks about how it was first mooted in '99 and was re-activated in '01, so I guess why the cost is so high.. was probably scripted and ready to go but either time wasn't right or funding wasn't fully available and then the funding was available / time was right and they then probably had to re-script or re-shoot some pre-shot scenes? due to ppl aging, times a changing that sort of thing.

Anyway, hopefully the series as a whole will be as good as B.O.B

[Edited on 6-12-2002 by phait]

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 12:45 PM
link   
looks pretty good so far, isnt it supposed to run to the end of next week? how are they gonna do that, they've gone through more than half the years they are covering in 4 days

posted on Dec, 6 2002 @ 02:42 PM
link   
It is supposed to end December 13. Then it will run again I think December 22.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Thanks for bumping this. I've never seen it.

The videos are available on youtube.

Here is part one.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Don't encourage this idiot. He just got an account, and is bumping tons of ancient threads.

Hopefully he will be banned soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sweet

Thanks for posting the link Julie

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well that's pretty arrogant.

I for one was thankful for the bump as I had never seen nor heard of this series of videos.

Mom always told me if you don't have anything positive to say, don't say anything at all. Seems like you could use some advice from my mom.

Maybe he'll bump some more good "ancient" threads that I haven't seen.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I can understand bumping threads of interest to the person. I agree there are pertinant and important cases that should be revisited. However, this individual is not bumping posts to raise awareness- he is doing it to spam the board with old topics. He just joined. He is not offering substance to the threads, which is a requirement by the ToS.

Also, he has has several comments removed in some of these threads due to what I can guess is rudeness, as the responses to him have been less than glowing.

I am happy you found a topic that interests you.

I'm just saying this fellow is not trying to be helpful, he is trying to disrupt the board.

Also, just editing to add that the mods saw fit to ban this member. So while you thought he was being helpful, I saw him as being a disruption on this board, which I actually rather like, and don't like rude folk trying to spam it to bits. Apparently the mods felt the same.

I just care for the forum - so I don't like people abusing it, I wasn't trying to be arrogant.

edit on 1-7-2011 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I can understand bumping threads of interest to the person. I agree there are pertinant and important cases that should be revisited. However, this individual is not bumping posts to raise awareness- he is doing it to spam the board with old topics. He just joined. He is not offering substance to the threads, which is a requirement by the ToS.

Also, he has has several comments removed in some of these threads due to what I can guess is rudeness, as the responses to him have been less than glowing.

I am happy you found a topic that interests you.

I'm just saying this fellow is not trying to be helpful, he is trying to disrupt the board.

I agree with you and Julie. That guy sucks but I do thank him for bumping this thread. I'm sure he's been at least temp banned by now.

So thank you necro-threadbumper but next time have something to say, doh

top topics

join