It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti UFO Hoax and ATS create buzz in advertising world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I was just reading my daily Adage newsletter, and noticed that the advertising world has noticed the buzz created by the Haiti UFO hoax and referred to the "reams" of discussion created by us here at ATS, while also linking adage subscribers to the discussion thread here.

What does this say of the industry when they latch on to something with such buzz, despite the fact that it deals with conspiracy theories and the tinfoil hat wearing populace of the world?

I think it is great that such a well respected advertising publication would pick up on such a topic and send it out to their entire base of users.

I will link to the article in hopes that anyone that wants to view itcan and will do so.

...Eerily authentic video footage of UFOs hovering in the evening sky over Haiti and the Dominican Republic appeared on YouTube on Aug. 9 and immediately garnered millions of views and reams of discussion on out-there conspiracy sites such as Above Top Secret. While some of the more, um, open-minded commentators made pronouncements such as "Having seen one myself this close once in daylight ... I'm not gonna call it a hoax" and others immediately called marketing high jinks (warning to marketers: the online hoax as an ad genre is over; audiences can see them from miles away -- even when they're not there), almost all marveled at how convincingly rendered the UFO scenes were...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i too think its great that ats has people talkin...im of the opinion that more of the "normals" come to ats then one would think.i would bet a few of the out spoken celebs and musicians stop by as well...they just dont wanna seem all tinfoiley..lol i mite be wrong though

join