It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barksdale Missile Number Six: The Stolen Nuclear Weapon

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To expedite discussion, I reply or comment on a number of responses as follows. I apologize in advance for not linking poster names with their comments - a major breach of etiquette for sure.

POST: "I can't believe they would fire off a nuclear explosion in the USA. That seems a bit too much even for me."

REPLY: I agree. The same comment could have been made seven years ago as to unlimited Presidential power exercised by signing statements that flagrantly violate laws passed by Congress, the wholesale shredding of citizen rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, officially sanctioned torture as national policy, the right to declare American citizens on American soil "illegal enemy combatants" and subjecting them to the "Padilla treatment" without habeas corpus or any other rights, the option to wage preemptive war based on falsified intelligence with full reservation of first rights to nuke... I could go on, but you get the idea.

I suggest that, given today's government, nothing can be considered "too much".

POST: ...considering the media hasn't uttered a word about the missing warhead makes it even scarier.

REPLY: That is one of my points. The issue of five vs. six was dropped immediately. Instead, the media and then discussion focused on (1) a simple and harmless mistake, (2) a stand-down to correct that type of mistake, and (3) a deliberate leak to scare Iran. The number of weapons is an example of Sherlock Holmes' dog that didn't bark.

POST: ...wasn't it when Bush went in for surgery and was under for a few hours and Cheney had the "football"?

REPLY: Good point. I am thinking the codes are changed daily but not at all sure about that.

I also think whoever has hidden power to steal a nuke also has hidden power to steal the code.

There is far to much fact to just "blow this off"

REPLY: Scares me too. That's why I seek to broadcast the information as widely as possible. If only we could have done the same, prior to six years ago today.

An aside: Structural engineers deal with facts as they find them. They do not surmise or guess or estimate or confuse hopes, wishes, desires or whatever with facts.

In contrast, attorneys sometimes do indulge in these types of confusing thought processes. Which may explain why I am a "retired" civil/structural engineer and "reformed" attorney.

POST: With this information all over the web-it started here, but will spread like wild fire.

With everyone knowing this, would "they" still dare use a nuke on American soil?

REPLY: Exactly my reason for posting this.

POST: As scary as this situation is, the odds of our country detonating a nuclear warhead on American soil whose isotope signature can be traced back to us are extremely high.

REPLY: But, as another poster already mentioned, we are dependent upon government or military people to do the tracing.

Those who expect honest. forthright answers should consider why the Pentagon has not released all the security films of the plane hitting the Pentagon. Same comment applies as to many other 9/11-related issues.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nunny
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

This is so ridiculous! I was in the Air Force for 23+ years. And I can tell you that there are MANY unofficial nuclear weapons; Area 51, Area 21, black budget items, etc. So if they really wanted a bomb for your silliness, why wouldn't they just use one of the unofficial ones?

The people who are acused of inside job theories are not the entire goverment but fringe elements with support from the very top, not the entire military. So acquisition might not be possible from elements with intelligence depth like the 'secret nukes'

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nunny

Nunny, have you been to Area 51 and Area 21? Have you seen the nukes there? You seem pretty confident in your post so I just wanted to clarify with you that you have seen these...???

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Got It!

A recent incident proving that Presidential Codes can and do get sent out "by accident".

LMAO...these were not Presidential Nuclear Launch Codes...lolololololol...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Another cluster of etiquette-breaching posts and replies:

POST: I think this country will continue to go on as it has been since 1776, until we the people rise up and do something about it -- civil war.

REPLY: My book suggests something similar. That the deck is so heavily stacked against the populace that normal constitutional procedures cannot be effective.

POST: This is just another 'end-of-the-world' thread and after 9/14, people here will pick a new date.

REPLY: I certainly understand and appreciate the lack of credibility. However, kindly note I said nothing as to 9/14.

In fact, I think 9/14 is too early. I think the system-wide stand-down scheduled for that date was ordered to lend credibility to the "simple mistake" idea.

An explanation that is invalidated by failure to take any disciplinary action against Air Force personnel responsible for the "mistake".

POST: Great post! Seriously! From CFR and ``Al-Qaeda`` sources, it would be New York, Washington DC or Chicago in the top 3.

Washington DC, you have the advantage of blowing up the Congress which give Bush total power.

REPLY: I cannot resist an aside, from my book: Love and trust can only be given and graciously accepted and valued. In contrast, true power can never be given. Power can only be taken, as in taken away from someone else. And sometimes, power should be taken.

POST: New York, for some kind of reason the globalists hate New Yorkers, it's also a big economical center and American symbol. And you can blow up the UN so you can say that terrorists don't want us united, so we will build a more powerful UN...

Chicago, Larry Silverstein owns the Sears Tower. Also, it's in ``middle america`` there would be also contamination of the great lakes which would kill even more people, also Chicago is part of the ``Manufacturing belt`` and it's a big finance center.

Take your pick. There's also LA, but LA is important for some reasons to the elites so I don't see them nuking their ``own city``.

REPLY: I personally see a smaller target, although I see no evidence to point in any particular direction. I have not even thought of target locations.

And certainly the comment by a government official as to "100,000 deaths" may be of no significance.

My belief: 9/11 was roughly 3,000 and the cows are straying from the barn - meaning, many people and even some Congressmen are beginning to object to oppressive policies instituted since then.

So a larger number is required the second time around. By that I mean substantially larger. Five thousand won't do the trick.

This implies a mid-size or large city. Certainly it won't be Hooterville.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
LMAO...these were not Presidential Nuclear Launch Codes...lolololololol...

Nobody on this thread said they were...

I swear, some people have ZERO reading comprehension or just skim and understand what they want. There are many examples on this thread. :shk:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I don't like the post.
I don't like it at all!!!

Frankly, it scares the @#$% out of me.
There is far to much fact to just "blow this off"

There are far too many facts about a lot of things that just get blown off...don't get all worked up over it. Stock up on canned food and ammunition.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

The thought is that the manhunt isn't really for Fossett, but for a "missing" nuke. As one put it, why would the military be involved in a manhunt of a nonmilitary person?

The military assists in search and rescue operations all the time...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Well, im going to bed, and if I wake up dead tomorrow Im going to be really pissed off.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by azchuck

I expect the nuke to be used domestically - on an American city. I have no clue where, except most likely a city with a Democratic mayor in a state with a Democratic governor.

This sounds to me like Albany, NY. Elliot Spitzer, Hillary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani..

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL

Originally posted by elevatedone

The thought is that the manhunt isn't really for Fossett, but for a "missing" nuke. As one put it, why would the military be involved in a manhunt of a nonmilitary person?

The military assists in search and rescue operations all the time...

And he is rich.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nunny
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

This is so ridiculous! I was in the Air Force for 23+ years. And I can tell you that there are MANY unofficial nuclear weapons; Area 51, Area 21, black budget items, etc. So if they really wanted a bomb for your silliness, why wouldn't they just use one of the unofficial ones?

They updated the count at Minot and just neglected to update the count at Barksdale. It was a serious, scary event, but was just a MISTAKE!

Stop trying to read something into everything. Pakistan has sold nuclear weapons technology, Iran has, North Korea has. So is it so far-reaching to think that if Al-Qaeda or an Iranian backed terrorist blows one, it came from one of them?

Stop looking for a conspiracy all the time and start getting behind your nation. The only way we can defeat this scourge of radical Islam is by being unified!

I think youre needed at the hannity.com forum. Youre falling into the myth of a boogie man and its a dangerous place to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

They updated the count at Minot and just neglected to update the count at Barksdale. It was a serious, scary event, but was just a MISTAKE!

Stop trying to read something into everything. Pakistan has sold nuclear weapons technology, Iran has, North Korea has. So is it so far-reaching to think that if Al-Qaeda or an Iranian backed terrorist blows one, it came from one of them?

Stop looking for a conspiracy all the time and start getting behind your nation. The only way we can defeat this scourge of radical Islam is by being unified!

Bull#. There are NO (as in, ZERO, not a single one, end of story!) "unofficial" nuclear weapons. Every single nuclear weapon, in every single country that owns the things, is accounted for on a daily, sometimes hourly (depending on the establishment) basis. And there is no way that the loading crew for a bomber that was flying across the USA would be so oblivious that they would not realise they were loading nukes onto a plane that was flying across the continental USA and ask some serious questions - UNLESS they had orders from very good authority.

I spent 15 years in the British Army, & did a number of tours of duty at nuclear weapons storage facilities - British & European as well as US facilities. "Site guard", as it was known. To even MOVE a nuclear warhead from one part of a store to another, there is a massive amount of accounting and paperwork that goes with it. To take a weapon out of storage, even for exercise purposes, authorisation right from the very top is required. In short, there is no earthly way that any nuclear weapons of any kind could be mistakenly loaded onto a plane. To relieve the crew of duty is a smokescreen of the highest order - they COULD not, and WOULD not, have loaded nukes onto a plane unless they had direct orders, and paperwork to back those orders up. The military mindset is such that you do NOTHING without authorisation, Nunny especially should know that.

If one looks at this MSNBC story:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

one sees

"...officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of a Defense Department policy not to confirm information on nuclear weapons..."

and

"The missiles, which are being decommissioned, were mounted onto pylons on the bomber’s wings and it is unclear why the warheads had not been removed beforehand."

A slight disconnect? If officials are not allowed to talk about nuclear weapons how did MSNBC know they were being decommissioned and any other detail?

Also, back to Nunny's post; Iran does NOT have nuclear weapons. Yes, I know you said "nuclear technology" - however, your assertion that Iran has sold nuclear technology is totally unfounded. I just wanted to re-iterate that there is likewise ZERO proof that Iran has nukes. Also your suggestion of "Iranian-backed terrorists" blowing up nukes is quite simply laughable. You might have spent 23 years in the Air Force; I'd suggest you spend at least that long de-programming the propoganda you have convinced yourself is reality. "The scourge of radical Islam" indeed! Grow up! The most dangerous "scourge" on this planet right now is NeoConservatism and the pathetically brainwashed Americans who are stupid enough to fight (and die) to further its agenda.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Originally posted by azchuck
I maintain whoever has the power to pull off the theft of a nuclear weapon through the Air Force chain of command has the power to obtain the codes.

Help me out here ATS.

Wasn't there some recent benign incident that occurred where Presidential codes were used/needed? I remember a thread about some such incident a while back. Anybody got a link?

got it see page 2

[edit on 9/11/2007 by Gools]

The codes required to authorize a National Warning System advisory are separate from those required to authorize a nuclear weapons release.

We had a similar incident in April of 1972 (I think) and I may have been the only civilian in the New Orleans metro area to notice it (it was during Saturday morning cartoons, and I was still a teenager - but I had also worked through the Shelter Manager Home Study Course at US Army Office of Civil Defense Staff College that summer from lack of anything better to do).

In any case, the actual "imminent nuclear attack" message instead of the "This is just a test" message went out. Naturally, I called my parish's Emergency Operations Center, who hadn't a clue of what was happening (sleep tight tonight, your government is on the job... ).

I'd think, too, that the threshold required before a warning message is issued is much lower than that required for release of nuclear weapons (although we're talking about perhaps thirty minutes prior to anticipated attack rather than fifteen, here)

There have been several upgrades in technology since the days when crewmen broke open the plastic-clad cards from the safe on the old B-52 in Dr. Strangelove - nanotech locks now protect nuclear weapon arming circuits and will irretrievably break (preventing a nuclear detonation of greater force than a pound or so of TNT) after a certain number of wrong codes have been entered.

Of course, there are plenty of folks around the world who have experience in using shaped charges to do things like cut metal downhole in oil and gas wells who could just replace the DOE arming circuits with improvised devices.

A major semiconductor company used to advertise one of its power operational amplifier chips with an obscenely low pulse rise time as being particularly useful for "nuclear weapons applications" back in the 1980s. Halcyon days, those. Just pull out the old arming circuit and put in the "Damn Fast Operational Amplifier" (I swear, that was the company's official name for it), and you're in business.

As far as decoupling the nuclear weapon's secondary from its primary by not having the proper codes, I doubt it. Once the primary (fission) device detonates, the wave of radiation which sets off the secondary (fusion) explosion can't be interrupted - it is, after all, a nuclear detonation. The radiation rolls over the holraum containing the fusion "fuel" and creates the requisite conditions for nuclear fusion to occur.

This means that if you have an intact W80 and manage to rewire the chemical explosive charges surrounding the levitated pit of the fission primary so that a nuclear detonation happens, how much of a fusion reaction you get depends on how much "fuel" is introduced into the holraum before hand (the "dial-a-yield" feature of the W80 which allows nuclear yield to be varied from 5 to 150 kilotons). Whether this process is controlled by the same devices which prevent an unauthorized detonation of the weapon's primary, I don't know. Adding one more opportunity for a malfunction to occur doesn't sound like sound weapons design practice to me, but I don't work at Livermore.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
if some one sets off a nuke some where killing a small town or city im sure it will be on the news.
with the collective amount of nukes on our planet, i dont think its a matter of if a nuclear war happens, but more likley when it starts.

but if by chance this missing bomb does explode in the near future, i hear its not a good idea to drink black rain from a mushroom cloud !!!!.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Incidentally, the same MSNBC story also says:

"Earlier, the Associated Press erroneously reported the bomber was armed with only five warheads."

Whilst it naturally behooves one to treat every word the mainstream liars say with a pinch of salt, it is entirely possible that AP DID make a mistake. Although thinking about it in detail, this is doubtful; this sounds to me more like a deliberate smokescreen - so that later "they" can claim confusion, and point to the differing accounts to back that impression up. For something so serious as the loading of nuclear missiles onto a plane, I fail to see how anyone at any point in the loop could mistake the actual number of them!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

Here you go digg.com...

Three nukes lost in shallow water.

This article even says that Iran now has them.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by downtown436]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
A nuke would collapse our stock market. The level of fear would be insane. Bush is stupid, but not so much that he doesn't realize he needs a country with a sound economy to wage war against half the Middle East.

Actually a lot of research has pointed to the possibility that Bush is trying to purposefully destroy the American economy in an effort to bring our nation under the control of a new North American Union. The NAU is being actively discussed in congress, you knew that right? The money spent on the war in Iraq supports this theory...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Another cluster of etiquette-breaching posts and replies:

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL:

This story was leaked by anonymous sources within the military.

Other people exist who are aware of what happened or may have happened. In particular, service members on the two bases and civilians in nearby areas.

Hopefully this thread will spread to those areas. We need more people to anonymously come forward, if they exist. They are entirely welcome to either support or rebut my suppositions. I fervently hope I am wrong. I would love nothing more than to be conclusively proven wrong.

POST: Is this for real? If it is the only way to prevent the powers that be from capitalizing on it is to get the story out in the open before it is too late.

REPLY: Precisely my attitude. I cannot overstress this.

Please understand I do not claim it is for sure real. Evidence I have considered clearly points to this possibility.

POST: I'm going to mail this out to everyone in my contact list. I'm going to mail it to all the news outlets in my country. I'm going to post it everywhere else I can. They are not getting away with it.

REPLY: Again, precisely. This is our best and probably only way to prevent this type of disaster.

POST: If someone stole a nuke would there not be an intense manhunt on for it? It must be known by now who stole it.

REPLY: I believe I already implied who may have stolen it, if in fact it was stolen at all.

An intense hunt would be the last thing I would expect.

This would be roughly similar to expecting a squad car to promptly appear in front of your house after you called 911 to report prowlers in your back yard, not knowing the "prowlers" were an undercover stakeout of your next-door neighbor.

POST: So the group that stole it would have to be inclined to use it sooner rather than later regardless of whether or not codes are needed.

REPLY: I would expect time of use to coincide with whatever time would best serve keeping the existing power structure in power in Washington. I have no idea when that would be in the window between tomorrow and the day before 2008 elections.

POST: How long do you think you could keep a nuke hidden after you just stole it from the U. S. military?

REPLY: Forever, so long as no one is looking for it. And so far, no one is even considering the possibility that a nuke has been stolen, let alone begun to think about looking for it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The minute that i read that the UAF mistakenly loaded nukes onto the b52 i smelled trouble. i formerly worked in nuke security for the USN on submarines and i know the policies and structure as the entire program is dictated by the UAF.. nuke warheads and weapons are stored separate from standard non nuclear weapons! you don't just grab the wrong one and put it on the plane. they also don't get moved without a whole team of people inspecting it, surrounded by people with loaded guns. i know i was one of the gun holders and part of those teams.. direct visual accounting of each nuke weapon is multiple checks every hour of the day 24/7. you don't just take 5 or 6? nukes and nobody notice until hours later at the receiving instillation. IS THERE A MISSING WARHEAD OUT THERE I AM BEGINNING TO WONDER!, and the cover-up stinks. but this is just me ranting!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join