It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barksdale Missile Number Six: The Stolen Nuclear Weapon

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Source : www.globalresearch.ca...

The diplomatic mode has been switched off: The Pentagon is said to be "taking steps to ensure military confrontation with Iran" because diplomatic initiatives have allegedly failed to reach a solution.

These diabolical statements come within barely a couple of weeks following the release of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report. The later confirms unequivocally that Iran's nuclear program is of a civilian nature and that Iran has neither the intention nor the capabilities to develop nuclear weapons:

Article IV (1): These modalities cover all remaining issues and the Agency [meaning IAEA] confirmed that there are no other remaining issues and ambiguities regarding Iran's past nuclear program and activities.

This is the exact same International Atomic Energy Agency which stated just before the Iraq occupation war, that Iraq had no WMD.
And it turned out they were fully right.

This US administration plays the exact same faked card again.
Now against Iran.

Is the American populace really so numbed down that a majority can't be reached, and an effort can't be made to stop this kind of blatant war pushing?

It seems that a "preemptive" air strike against Iran will be launched shortly after the new Chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff will take the wheel end of September :

*SNIP*

This administration is hell bent on conquering Persia, and will use every trick in their propaganda book.

This thread is a damn good counter punch operation from the sides of concerned global citizens.
Please carry on.

Mod Edit: Reduced External Quote.

[edit on 19/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by azchuck

One example is our recent to-do about Todd Blue and suicide. I viewed the post of a family friend in the local paper as more reliable than official sources.

That source has since been validated by the posting of another friend, who says Todd died by gunshot wound to the head.

Until you post a link to those alleged sources the information you just stated is nothing more then hearsay . just because someone on a message forum says something does not make it fact

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shots

Shots - I think the vast majority of us are able to distinguish rumors, hearsay, and hypotheses from fact.

So what exactly is your point?

Hearsay, rumor, etc. has value. It prompts others to do research that will uncover more information that can be use to test hearsay, rumors and hypotheses to determine their veracity.

It would be nice if you could add something of value. Show us that you can or refrain from your distracting blather.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubleded
So what exactly is your point?

No one knows the facts all they are gong on is rumors and hearsay which is wrong.

If any individual is going to state something happned it is up to them to prove what they say or said was true and throughout this whole thread all we got for days was one persons opnions without any links to confirm what they said was true or accurate if you will.

when in doubt always read rule one of ATS Terms and conditions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

also in your case you might consider rule two applies

[edit on 9/19/2007 by shots]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has yet tried to make a connection with the alleged Chinese cyber attack against the Pentagon a while back.

Could it be possible that an outside entity (hacker) got into the system and actually cut a unique set of orders to each of the different commands involved for the loading of the missiles on the B-52? How better to send a message to the US Govt. than to screw up the handling of some of the most heavily guarded and accounted for weapons in the inventory? Then have a well paid (or even later eliminated) "tipster" leak it all to the media.

Example: The highest in the chain of command recieve a set of orders to load the dummies on the BUFF,but the guys at Minot recieve different orders saying that they are to load the missiles with the live warheads,etc..Everything is signed,and properly documented,so everybody thinks that things are being done according to what the orders they have say is being done.

Just a wild hair thought...

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EBJet

EBJet - interesting thought about the Chinese hacking incident.

I agree that it is nearly impossible that this happened without proper looking orders. But it also seems to me unlikely the Chinese could do this by hacking the Pentagon's computers. Orders would require certain things to be initiated by computer and verified by computer but I don't think that everything would be carried out by computer. I think verbal confirmations and discussions would also have to be concurrent.

I still think this was either a shell game to liberate some nukes from the official books to be used in false flag operations or a test to see if the Air Force would actually carry out orders to load armed nukes for use in a attack on Iran.

I'm starting to favor the latter.

Does anyone else have opinions, rumors, hypotheses, or maybe even some facts backed up with references? azchuck where are you?

[edit on 19-9-2007 by doubleded]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think everybody is taking way too many liberties with this. It's pretty simple really. Live and empty airframes are stored in the same storage buildings in alike containers. If you look at a picture of an ACM, when the nosetip and other body panels are mated, you can't see the weapon. Unless it is externally marked as such, you can't tell which ones are live and which ones are Memorex. Now, let's factor in a few more things. When was the last time we all saw something mismarked or misplacarded? It happens....wherever human beings live and work. And no matter how infallible we all wish nuke guys were, stuff happens. Now throw in that it was right before a holiday weekend...Labor Day picnics and beer!!! Allegedly the bomber crew was from Barksdale AFB. They want to get home for said picnics and beer...do you think maybe they rushed all the checks they had to do or cut a couple corners to get home faster. Who hasn't done something like that themselves before a holiday! These pilots have been hauling lots of empties from Minot to Barksdale in support of the decommissioning program...do you think maybe they assumed (albeit incorrectly) that these were just the standard empties? Finally, if their paperwork system is anywhere close to as overburdened as it is where I work, it's a wonder that anybody really pays close attention to anything...again, they were supposed to be empties, right? 5 vs. 6...the news never gets it right on first report.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by doubleded

Hi Doubleded;

Does anyone else have opinions, rumors, hypotheses, or maybe even some facts backed up with references? azchuck where are you?

I have discovered additional problems in the "official" stories. I am writing another article.

Should be ready Friday afternoon.

azchuck

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by ibgrimme
IMO the fuel would be removed and placed into another device that doesn't require a code to set it off.

Impossible.

All modern U.S. nuclear bombs require very precise detonation of high explosive lenses to implode the plutonium to a supercritical state. There's absolutely no way that such a device could be disassembled and its parts used in any crude device (other than just a dirty bomb).

It is mostly true, but it isn't completely true. A full nuclear weapons state would find a working sophisticated weapon to be quite useful, both in design features, materials technology, and as a source for the very expensive plutonium, enriched uranium and tritium.

The expertise and technical knowledge to make use of a high-technology weapon would have to be high. At present the only states that are likely to find this useful would be India and Pakistan, which have successfully militarized fission weapons but likely not full radiation-implosion thermonuclear weapons which are also compact enough to be on a missile; and Iran and North Korea which know about "crude" weapons designs but do not have any working models. N.K. apparently attempted to test a fission weapon, with only partial success.

Iran lacks fissile material and may not be irrevocably committed to pursuing nuclear weaponry.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rocketboy

What you say would be true if you were talking about a warehouse full of sporting goods. Opps, we shipped basketballs instead of footballs

Do you really think that the security system is so lax that what you decribe is possible?

How did two people simultaneously turn the keys to disarm the alarms that are on every nuke with out knowing what they were disarming? AND even if they didn't know how did the commander that is required to confirm the orders to disarm the alarm not know? How did the computer that also has to verify the orders not know? If you what more details, and there are many more, look up the security proceedures for nukes at:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
armed-services.senate.gov...

Here's the link I alluded to my previous link. For some reason I can't edit it. See page 6.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Another pertinent question: Does anybody know if the cruise missiles that had the nuclear warheads were fully fueled or not?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hi,
I'm a noob....just happened to find this site while surfing links for B-52 and minot.
I found this one late so I haven't had time to read all of the threads....My apologies if I tipped anyones wheaties in their lap....
Anyway....I'm going to copy/paste a post I put on some other websites.....Just my two cents sort of thing...This issue with the B-52 hits really close to home for me in a lot of ways...
I'm retired military, both general military aviation and several years with nukes....There used to be a sign in the Minot AFB Medical Records Dept that read "If you don't wake up at least once a night in a cold sweat....You don't understand the PRP" Its true Google "Two Man Rule" and prp

The PRP or Personal Responsibility Program is administered throughout all of the Services by the Dept of Defense. In other words,DOD writes the rules the military must follow to handle nukes. Fail an inspection and your career is over.

I started to write a lengthy description of what would be required to get 6 nukes from storage onto an aircraft....Not including actually leaving the base with it...But as I was writing all of the procedures I couldn't help thinking about our new and improved "enemy combatant" policies...And I really don't want to get waterboarded in some foreign country while my wife wonders why the hell I didn't come home from work.

It is truly a sad day in this country when 6 missing nukes for any amount of time is viewed only as a bad oops, but talking about it publicly may be a punishable offense

Not sure which one of these scares me the most

I will say this....I think a conservative estimate would be about 50 different people of varying ranks would have had to come in direct contact with either just the nukes or the nukes and the aircraft "BEFORE" it left Minot. Every single one of them would have been trained and tested to pay special attention to procedures and checklists. Lots and lots of checklists. Most if not all would have been tested and certified to different levels of training. I would say at least 20 of them would have had to sign documents either transfering or accepting responsibility/custody for the nukes including verifying the serial numbers. This would have had to be done several times as the "custody" of the nuke transfered from one unit to the next. storage release, transfer crew, to aircraft maintenance...There would have been maybe 10 different and seperate agencies or units aboard the base either directly or indirectly involved in directing or actually participating in the transfer and mounting of the missles on the aircraft
The aviation department is a completely different world then the guys that guard and maintain nukes. More than likely there would have been a seperate ordinance division responsible for actually putting the weapons on the aircraft . Each step of this process would require the completion of checklists, documents and maintenance records specific to each weapon and inspected and signed off by a second party....minimum...in the case of nukes maybe even a third senior party

Prior to departure the aircraft would first be inspected by the general maintenance dept, probably again within several hours of the scheduled departure then again by the enlisted crew of the aircraft just prior to departure and again by the pilot or co pilot before departure.. There would have to have been someone fairly senior in the maintenance department who reviewed all of the maintenance records associated with the aircraft including the ordinance (weight was calculated before takeoff) and released the aircraft "safe for flight"....Every single one of these people would have to be on the PRP....

Basically there is no freaking way live nuclear ordinance gets ACCIDENTALLY loaded on any aircraft by any branch of the service at any time on any base unless somewhere along the line....THERE WAS AN ORDER TO DO IT......IT JUST COULDN'T HAPPEN...Its that freakin simple

[edit on 21-9-2007 by echo7]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I feel compelled to reply to rocketboy's post. (It's just a few posts back from this one.) Rocketboy, you are of course entitled to voice your opinion and I acknowledge that, and what I am about to say is not a reflection against you as a person, it is only my reaction to what you have said.

Your suggestion that people entrusted with the security, storage and transport of nuclear weapons would "cut corners" so they could get away a bit earlier and head for some beers and a picnic is not only absurd because the security protocols in place simply render it impossible, it is an out-and-out insult to all serving and former military personnel. You are implying that these personnel, working with some of the most powerful and politically-sensitive weaponry in existence, would have their minds more on their off-duty activities than the task at hand, and I can assure you that when handling such devices such a mindset simply does not exist. The people involved are totally focused on doing the job right and to suggest otherwise is frankly disgusting.

I would strongly recommend that you read back through a few posts and study the information that details the procedures involved for transporting nuclear weapons, and I also suggest that you give a little more thought to the fact that these servicemen and women have enough pressure on them already and absolutely do not deserve the slurs against them that you have made in your post.

Thank you.

Mike

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hello Mike,
How did the air craft get left on the Barksdale tarmac for 10 hours? Clearly some part of human error was involved. Or are you arguing there was no H.E.?
I don't think the poster was casting aspersions on the humans doing their jobs, I know I didn't when I mentioned there being shifts the airman worked. Do they stay awake for 24 hours? What if the mission takes 15 hours to accomplish, 29 hours, 48 etc you get the drift?
[email protected] did not work. I don't have outlook. Anybody want to email Mr Prime and ask how the missing nuke story is a goin?
f3

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilfuelfugue

f3, as to you comment:

How did the aircraft get left on the Barksdale tarmac for 10 hours? Clearly some part of human error was involved.

Various news reports indicate no one at Barksdale knew nuclear warheads were loaded in some of the cruise missiles.

As far as anyone knew, this was just another B-52 at one of two American air bases that routinely support B-52s.

The "human error" was in not informing Barksdale that nukes were incoming.

I'm working on clear documentation of this and other issues.

azchuck

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rocketboy

Great post, I 100% agree with you.

FYI, the ACM's are stored with the warhead into them, and they are only now coming up with the conventional version of this weapon system....one of the reasons that the nuclear ACM's are being decommissioned.

The pilots don't know whether the ACM's on the wings are "hot" or not in this case. There is a "plug" of sorts used that makes them all look like they are active.

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
[edit on 21-9-2007 by PokeyJoe]

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
echo7 (Basically there is no freaking way live nuclear ordinance gets ACCIDENTALLY loaded on any aircraft by any branch of the service at any time on any base unless somewhere along the line....THERE WAS AN ORDER TO DO IT......IT JUST COULDN'T HAPPEN...Its that freakin simple)

As someone who used to do this for the AF (transport em/load em/maintain release system) I have to agree (with echo7) 200%. There are way too many safe guards in place EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.

There may very well have been a purpose as ordered from above, but suggesting that they be used to create another 9/11 is pure paranoia and getting tiresome.

So take the aluminum foil off your windows and enjoy the sun. Of course close the shades at night lest Dick Cheney looks into your window at night with his Darth Vader mask on!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hello, i've done a few bits of researches on my own about that mysterious missile missing... And i actually believe there's a criminal conspiracy going on.

I've done a few articles in french on my websites, so that the french folks can access that type of informations, my people need to know about Kouchner and what he is doing with France in those days...

Here is the actual translation in french of the first post of that thread:
www.nouvelordremondial.cc...

Here is all the french news about Iran:

Here is for the fake terrorist alert of the 26th June in the state of Illinois, in French:

Here is the article of GlobalResearch.ca translated in french:

Just wanted to say that there's an amazing amount of informations in that thread, and i thank all the contributors very much!

I just hope there is not a nuclear conspiracy here, that would be too big for the world just right now...

Cheers!

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join