It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: ISRAELI JETS ATTACKING LEBANON

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Israeli warplanes have attacked southern Lebanon, according to Israeli TV station reports.

They are thought to be targeting Hizbollah bases close to the border with Israel.

The attacks came after the militant Lebanese group attacked an Israeli military bulldozer on Monday which it claimed had crossed the border into Lebanon.

An Israeli soldier was killed the rocket attack.

More attacks are expected.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Nerdling]

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I don't get these typical attacks having to do with Israel. They get big news and maybe 10 people die tops. Given the suicide bombings suck and should be in the news, but most other reports scream about big attacks! killing maybe 3 or 4. Real news reports should cover the hundreds of thousands dieing or dead in Iraq, North Korea, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is worthy of coverage.

Lebanon will respond to this, do not forget that they also targetted syria a while ago, i think this time there will be an arab response, and it may just escalate.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
That is a good thing Iseral is now taking on the threat.

They should have dealt with it long ago.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is all just the precursor's to WWIII that could begin in the next decade.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Here is a link to the Story

News.yahoo.com

I find this quote very odd.

Though Israel held Syria responsible, it was decided not to attack Syria in order not to inflame the situation, the officials said.

Well Syria did it but I don't want to make them mad. But, I really want to kill somebody so let me attack Lebanon.

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
See Lebanon,read Syria.

Syria has a big presence in Lebanon.

Let's see how the UN react to this.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
On Anman's comment, it's sad but it comes in "priority" Of "News Worthiness"

All that is going to happen and has happened, is one bit of Revenge after another..It's just going to get worse, Untill they wipe each other out.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think this is a provocation to Syria.There has been a lead up to this.They're trying to get Syria to react knowing they have the USA onside.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Same day as the state of the union also. Syria runs Labanon anyway, they might as well be attacking Syria.
I am curious to see how this develops.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think you are correct here JB. Israle can provoke Syria because they are scared by the US being on their Iraqi border. Therefore they are less likely to do anything. But if they do Israel knows the US is likely to back them.
Ah, the plot thickens.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
wow whats new these days isryl attacks almost every one that freatens them

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just to clarify one point.The Israeli bulldozer was in the Lebanon.This from The Guardian(online)

"The air strike followed a border incident yesterday, in which Hizbullah guerrillas fired an anti-tank missile at a bulldozer clearing explosives. An Israeli soldier was killed and another seriously wounded.

The Israeli army today changed its account of the border incident to acknowledge that the soldier killed in the clash had actually been on Lebanese and not Israeli soil at the time.

"We deviated [from standard procedure] by going into Lebanon," Reuters reported Brigadier General Yair Golan as saying"

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The US has of late made reinforcing statements to Syria that they need to end their occupation of Lebanon....seems, unknowingly, that perhaps Israel is also reinforcing that claim.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I chalk this whole situation up to a massive failure on the part of the US and UK. Remember, Israel only exists because the US and UK decided in 1949 that it should exist, and apportioned an area of territory for it. The problem was, Palestinians already occupied the land. Solution? Push them off. They won't care, right?

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing good or right about the various conflicts concerning Israel at all. However, I place most of the blame on Israel. Why not allow the UN or International Court of Justice to arbitrate? Because Israel knows that they'll get reprimanded. Palestine has requested arbitration numerous times; every time Israel rejected.

Neutral arbitration is the only way to get any semblance of order out of the whole mess.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
US and UK were not the only ones who "deemed" Israel should exist.....a little historical searching will atest to the facts and speak contrary to what has been mentioned......

Blame is a matter of perspective...so is national security issues and rights...among other issues.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
US and UK were not the only ones who "deemed" Israel should exist.....a little historical searching will atest to the facts and speak contrary to what has been mentioned......

Blame is a matter of perspective...so is national security issues and rights...among other issues.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 20-1-2004 by Seekerof]

Perhaps that little flash movie on history needs to be broken out again Seekerof, people tend to let their opinions get in the way of facts.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Example:
The United Nations General Assembly, in November 1947, ruled in favor of the establishing of a Jewish state (Partition Plan UN Resolution 181). The votes were:

"In favour: 33

Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Byelorussian S.S.R., Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Sweden, Ukrainian S.S.R., Union of South Africa, U.S.A., U.S.S.R., Uruguay, Venezuela.

Against: 13

Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen.

Abstained: 10

Argentina, Chile, China, Colombia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Honduras, Mexico, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia."

Source:
www.us-israel.org...

Israel proclaimed/declared the establishment of the state of Israel in May 1948.....

This was recognized the same day of the declaration by the US and 3 days later by the USSR/Russia....others followed.

Source:
www.mfa.gov.il...

This is way off of the original intent of this thread though Nerdling.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So, I take it now they will step up the suicide bombings and Israel will retaliate once again. The same scenario, over and over again.
In the midst of all this, the majority of victims on both sides are innocent people caught in the crossfire or blown up by some terrorist.

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
seems to me that US has been looking for an excuse to attack Syria. Maybe Isreal is just trying to provoke Syria into a response and then give US reason to attack

top topics

<<   2 >>

join