It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have there been no more attacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't subscribe to most of the 911 conspiracy theories. I belong to the croud that believes the goverment is to big, slow, and unorganized to stop such an attack.

But my question is this: If it is so easy to stage such a major attack on America, why has it not been done since then? I mean, talk radio tells me how many illegal aliens enter our country by the minute, and common sense states that some could easily be terrorists, and it's a free country where you can get away with all sorts of illegal activities that you can't in other countries. This all adds up to me thinking how easy it would be to stage a major attack. But it has not been done since 9/11. Why? I do not believe the goverment is capable of finding "johnny terrorist" among the thousands of people that sneak in here, and it would be easy to hide separate, nefarious activities among many individuals and groups that when added up would spell disaster. So why?

I can only assume that there is more to 9/11 than meets they eye. Surely with America's world standing and most radical muslims being galvanized against us by our actions, there lies the will and financial backing to attack us again? It just seems like it would be easy to pull off some devastating low-technology attacks against us.

Someone shed some light on this for me, what are they waiting for?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Because "The Decider" and our savior George W. Bush, his wars and the Patriot Act are protecting us...

Duh.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
yup, i was going to say the same thing - because unlike before, we're safe now!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

It just seems like it would be easy to pull off some devastating low-technology attacks against us.

Someone shed some light on this for me, what are they waiting for?

You pose a very interesting question, one I have wrestled with myself. If AQ wanted to create mass panic in the US, all they would have to do is to perpetrate a series of rolling suicide bomb attacks.

So why haven't they?

Well, there are experts who believe, for whatever reason they want to launch attacks that are more spectacular and devestating than the ones on 9/11. This leads me to believe that they will wait until they can launch a full scale nuclear attack on the US with multiple cities being hit.

I hope those experts are wrong. I hope AQ has been crippled and our intelligence has so improved that it is no longer feasible to attack. I hope, for our sake, that they figure it easier to launch attacks in places not so heavily guarded.

I suspect the experts are correct, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
AQ is not a group! AQ is the name the CIA assigned to a database of names, names of people who are not necessarily connected to each other, so of course "AQ" hasn't attacked.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
AQ is not a group! AQ is the name the CIA assigned to a database of names, names of people who are not necessarily connected to each other, so of course "AQ" hasn't attacked.

According to the 9/11 Commission's report:

"Bin Ladin and Azzam agreed that the organization successfully created for Afghanistan should not be allowed to dissolve. They established what they called a base or foundation (al Qaeda) as a potential general headquarters for future jihad."

top topics

join