It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My frustration trying to convince others outside these forums

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A post started over at world of warcraft about 9/11

I had to respond and also thought it an opportunity to enlighten some folks. Gamers there for the most part are my age but some are teens.

Anyway, I was attacked personally. They didnt debate the evidence I provided.

Its interesting to follow if not frustrating. Enjoy...

forums.worldofwarcraft.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
oh and my posts are under a toon named Thorz

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Yes, and you were extraordinarily diplomatic about the whole thing, too.

I mean, telling everyone to 'wake up' (implying that they're ignorant), saying you don't mourn the loss of life on 9/11, implying that everyone is shallow and simply watches Britney Spears, calling everyone stupid because of their public education and being incredibly inaccurate about the laws should go over quite well, huh?

All, ironically, on a forum dedicated to a game that allows one to escape reality.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Speakeasy1981]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Dude....

I haven't read the detail concerned...

BUT....

All you can do with a subject like this (and many others) is to put your view out there as best as you can, with some links to other resources...

Which will result in one of a couple things:

a) people will laugh at you and tell you to take a hike

b) people will ignore you outright

c) people just might be interested in what you posted and go check your links out, which will in turn lead them to search for info themselves and so on...

Reason I didn't check your posts out offsite is cos i've been thru it myself...Best not to waste time or energy on those who want to bicker and simply waste time...

Put it out there best you can, and even if you get 1 out of 10 to make the effort to look forward, you've had a win

Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

That was my hope.

Still this was a new experience for me. It was surprising.

Nobody debated Operation Northwood or any other fact that I presented. They just attacked me as being a conspiracy theorist or a liberal or a fanatic as one called me.

Others just didnt even seem to be able to read well. One poster somehow twisted what I wrote about operation northwood as having been used by Bin Laden as a blueprint for how to attack america.

This person later tried debating me on Bush's family dealings with Hitler. Again, totally ignoring evidence they claimed any business dealings stopped before the war started

Are people really this blind ?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Doing things like this is a big reason why most people wont consider looking int "9/11 truth."
They were calling for a moment of silence to mourn for victims of 9/11 and you decide to talk conspiracy theory instead? That's really not appropriate at all. No kidding you were attacked

It's like telling Buzz Aldrin he didn't land on the moon. He's punched people out for that.

You want to open people's minds that the official story isn't true, pick the appropriate time and place for it or you make the whole movement look bad.
Take some time to read this thread, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
Nobody debated Operation Northwood or any other fact that I presented. They just attacked me as being a conspiracy theorist or a liberal or a fanatic as one called me.

get used to it

Are people really this blind ?

not blind, just apathetic, or in denial.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

I made it a point to post because the OP stated that we were attacked because they hate us for our freedom.

Thats just completely silly and ignorant. It deserved to be challenged.

Even folks who dont believe the goverment had anything to do with 9/11 know that statement is false.

Ron Paul referred to the CIA report which said we should expect blowback from our foreign policy.

new topics

top topics

join