It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dizzy spells and disorientation? any ideas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think this guy is related to you, BD...

Just cracking a little joke, in hopes it makes you smile. There were times in my life where I thought the pharmaceutical industry should be paying rent for their use of my liver.

Let us know how it goes at the doc.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Almost every time I go in places with florescent lights I get bad dizzy spells, I get really light headed and feel like I’m spinning and falling. Everything tends to go blurry.

When it happens to me it usually only lasts a few moments. But it leaves a really bad headache. :shk:

[edit on 12-9-2007 by minnie]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Let me tell you a little story about ignoring things, this happened to my neighbor lady, and it's been about 3 weeks since her surgery.

And I catch it for freaking him out.

Mod edit: Removed line violating T&C

[edit on 9/12/07/12 by junglejake]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnie
When it happens to me it usually only lasts a few moments. But it leaves a really bad headache. :shk:

Okay, I'm not a doctor, and I don't even play one on TV (obscure reference), but I'm oooold enough to have a little experience about any number of things.

This sounds like migraine to me. Flourescent lights are a known migraine trigger, and the dizziness often precedes the onset of migraine.

Tell your mom you need a checkup.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
And I catch it for freaking him out.

[T&C violation removed]

After careful consideration...I decided I should tell that story, just in case Mojo....oops...I mean boondock-MOFO did need to be freaked out? And do we have an up-date yet BD-MOFO?

SNIP Oh-ok... let me get my great grampa's old razor strap out. If my memory serves me right, I think I might have seen a few kids running in circles in conjunction with that strap...I'd say that would make for a perfect SNIP...no?

Mod edit: Removed line from quote violating T&C

[edit on 9/12/07/12 by junglejake]

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hey Boondock,
Have you been stressed lately??
This could be a sign of high blood pressure, which could be stress related, diet related, or Drink/drug related!!
Like everyone else has stated I'd make that trip to the docs, if it is high blood pressure its easy to sort out!!

[edit on 13-9-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I suffered quite badly with the symptoms the OP outlined, last year.

I went to the doctors and they were a bit baffled, as I was otherwise in very good health, and symptoms were transient. So I put it to the back of my mind and carried on with things.

A week later I suffered a terrible episode of symptoms which I learned later was extreme vertigo. I completely lost all balance, my heart rate went through the roof - and it was absolutely pounding, and I generally felt awful and scared. I was at work at the time and my colleauges said "Mate you're having a heart attack or something" so they phoned my girlfriend who took me to hospital immediately.

At the hospital they did tests and stuff, and diagnosed me with Viral Labyrinthistis, gave me some anti-nausea tablets, "You'll need these, and a couple of days bed rest" they said, and sent me home to recover.

Labyrinthistis, or Neurolabyrinthitis is an infection of the inner ear, or vestibule, and occurs in Viral or Bacterial form.
Viral is untreatable, but will clear after 6-8 weeks with little or no permanent damage. In its bacterial form, it is treatable with antibiotics, but if left untreated, can cause permanent damage to your vestibule, which in turn means permanent dizziness and related symptoms.

I wouldn't offer this as any kind of diagnosis, but would strongly advise you see a good doctor, becasue if you do have Labyrinthitis, you really do need to get it seen to right away.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Hey, BD, how's it going with you -- haven't heard from you in a couple of days ...

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

same...feel like crap..same symptoms but i feel like i am getting depressed.
stress? always stressed.

maybe it's 11 constant years of friggin pain meds and such :bnghd:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You been to the doc yet?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
have not been to the doc yet.....
just kinda been dealing

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Could be panic attacks..