It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dizzy spells and disorientation? any ideas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i am starting to worry.
the disorientation just started about a week ago but the dizzy spells are crazy...i would say almost every time i stand up if i have been sitting for a bit, i take a few steps then i have to stop cause i feel like i am gonna fall over. i feel al light headed and such.

the disorientation has been happening in the morning....yesterday i woke up when i usually do and my wife was watching news drinking coffee but i got scared..
i knew i was in my house and i i saw the clock and knew what time it was but i didn't know where my wife was...i started yelling and shouting for her(takes me a few minutes to get out of bed cause of my back problem) and she came in there.......after a bit of time went by she said she was really freaked out cause she has never seem me like that..she said i 'looked' scared.

today i got up and the same thing except i thought our dog was gone...he is always out there with her in the morning, waiting for me to get moving but today when i woke up, i thought he was gone....i was all disoriented....i started ywlling for my wife asking where keller is and he was sleeping on the chair....

any ideas?

it is starting to scare me.....the disorientation is pretty bad....
not waking up still drunk either cause i don't drink at all. nothing

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sounds like vertigo to me. Don't take my word for it though, you should go to the doctor and have it checked out. It could be something else as well, and it is scary how you have no control over your balance and what not.

This happened to me once, it's a terrible feeling to say the least, and it's usually caused by an irritation inside the inner ear dealing with the vestibular (spelling?) nerve. You should read up on the symptoms of Vertigo, if it is in fact vertigo, they can give you some medicine that will make the symptoms go away in about an hour...meanwhile don't go hurdling out of bed in the morning or you may just be picking yourself up off the ground. This can last for a few days, or several weeks.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
vertigo don't really have anything to do with disorientation though?
does it?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sounds similar to what Badge01 described in this thread.

Seems like a lot of people from disparate locations are coming down with the same symptoms. I've a theory it has something to do with the Earth passing through a cloud of comet dust. Those things are thought to carry viruses.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It can be. Vertigo is very disorienting! It feels very similar to being intoxicated, while knowing your aren't drunk, you can't control the fuzzy head & tripping around. In fact, it's much worse than being intoxicated! Like I said, go to the doctor and and have yourself checked out.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i hate going to the doc but i may have to. the dixxy spells are pretty bad but honestly, i am more worried about the disorientation.

OH, another possible symptom i think is the past few weeks, like all of a sudden during the day i have to lay down and nap. i mean, i am out of it...
that is NOT like me...i am 30 and i am not one who naps....never....

so for me, thats just not right

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Vertigo is more a symptom of an underlying problem than it is the problem itself. I absolutely agree, you need a checkup. Could be anything from food borne illness to cardiac arrhythmia.

Either way, nothing to mess with, and the stress of wondering/worrying about it can cause additional complications.

See a doc, ASAP.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Vertigo is more a symptom of an underlying problem than it is the problem itself.

Let's not freak Mojo out just yet
Why oh why didn't I start that spanking thread??

Sometimes it is just vertigo! Yes a symptom of an inner ear problem, but without any "major medical issues" other than a nerve in the ear getting irritated.

For God sakes Mojo call the doctor, so we can all know whats the matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

i will call a doc but who is this mojo person?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
OOPS!! I mean you Boondock MOFO.

I'll go put my reading glasses on now
*slinks away*

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
OOPS!! I mean you Boondock MOFO.

yeah, i know...

just messin

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
Let's not freak Mojo out just yet
Why oh why didn't I start that spanking thread??

Sometimes freaking someone out can be the best course of action, if they need the motivation. I know when it comes to going to the doc, I'm as bad as anyone.

Doesn't mean I'm not deserving of a spanking, tho.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
That's something similar to what I experienced before I was officially diagnosed with diabetes. There was a lot of vertigo, but also confusion at times. It doesn't sound exactly the same, but the experience was one that showed a problem far larger that needed to be addressed as soon as possible. I waited a while and when I got to the doc, he was amazed I wasn't in a coma.

You should really get yourself checked out. It could be symptoms of larger problems that aren't so obvious. Something else it could be is chronic fatigue syndrome brought on by stress. There are many similar symptoms to those you're describing.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The doctor is your friend. Any time you have symptoms like this, you MUST go.

Board-granny agrees with everyone else. Get thee to a doctor, now.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i guess i will make the appt.....

i am freaked about going to the doc....scared i am gonna find out i have a tumor or some damn thing

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
i am freaked about going to the doc....scared i am gonna find out i have a tumor or some damn thing

Better to know and fix it now than to wait until it's too late. Ignorance can be bliss, and I know I did the same thing back in the day, but that bliss is severely shattered when reality forces itself upon us. Catching it so quickly after the symptoms have appeared gives you a far greater chance of being healed even if it is a tumor than if you wait.

For what it's worth to you, I'll be praying for you!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78

Please go do it soon!
Let me tell you a little story about ignoring things, this happened to my neighbor lady, and it's been about 3 weeks since her surgery. She was always fussing and taking care of everyone else, and neglecting herself.

She kept telling me that she had a jagged, broken tooth that was cutting into her tongue. For months she didn't go to the dentist because she's just been here from England for a year, and has no medical coverage. Anyway long story short, she finally went to the dentist to find out that she didn't have any broken teeth, but she had a tumor on her tongue, and they had to remove the tumor and reconstruct her tongue. Yes, it was cancer, and it had spread and gone into her lymph nodes so they also had to cut into her throat and take the nodes out too. Thank goodness they got it all! But she is far to young and lovely a person to have the kinds of scars she has on her throat & neck...We went shopping for turtle necks last Friday, you can't see a thing when she has a turtle neck on...Thank Goodness for turtle necks also!

I'm not saying you have any such thing, but don't wait to be seen by the doctor, do it now

[edit on 9/11/2007 by jensouth31]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yes, I have an idea. Not to be a smartie or anything .. but my 'idea' is that you should go to the doctor. It could be any number of things and only a GOOD doctor can help you out. (not us lay folks on the internet)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
you need a doctors advice
but
do you take painkillers for your back trouble, i take tramadol and sometimes they make me light headed and slightly confused, mostly (obviously) happens when the pain is bad and i take more than usual. i do only take them when the pain is very bad and i think that is why they still mess with my head.
have you started taking any new mediction
and lastly
when i lose a lot of sleep for 3/4 nights i go the same way also
it could be something as simple as that
but get your doctor to check
good luck

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
i take a lot of meds. *SNIP* this stuff is new.

doc knows about my habbits and i only get my meds from one doc...i have a family doc but i only go for if i get sick in the winter and need an antibiotic or something...

i'll go see her about this deal here.
watch em give me more meds

Mod Edit: Please refrain from discussing personal drug use.

[edit on 9/14/07 by FredT]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join