It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone hear of this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
My friend was telling me about a really good friend of her's who's dad died on a flight from Las Vagas to Alaska. Evidently he was visiting Las Vegas, and contracted some virus (the doctors still don't know what it was) and before he died he had a fever of 111 degrees(!!!). Wanted to float this past you good folks to see if anyone has heard anything like that before.

-P

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Haven't heard of that specifically, but there was the instances of people dying on Virgin Atlantic flights toward London. Three people on two separate flights, all of viral meningitis. Last I heard, the cause was unknown.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hmm. I'm always suspicious of stories from a friend of a friend of a friend...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
111 Degrees? I don't know if the body could naturally get to that level without outside help such as high air temps and dehydration. I don't think a virus alone could cause that.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well, i'm gonna put my 2 cents in on this one, and plz before everyone pig piles me for it, understand that i'm a medic currently serving in Iraq, so i have an idea of what i'm talking about. At 105 degrees you begin to become less alert and able to do simple tasks. eventually you lose conciousness. At 106 degrees your brain will stroke. 107 degrees for any length of time over a couple minutes or so and your dead. As for 111 degrees, i would have to say you can't reach that temperature on your own, but i could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well I know last year about this time there was an extreamly fast acting virus on the west coast that went from normal to about 106 in less then a days time from onset.

But, it was treatable and generally with medical aide dealt with in about one weeks time.

A number of folks in my unit, including myself, had it. And it came on like a freight train.

top topics

join