It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian rocket blast wounds 50 Israeli soldiers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Sorry, double post. My laptop has gone loco.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Subcomandante]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
thank your laptop for me for letting you post those wise and right words in all of your posts above,hopefully the IDF wont charge in like a bull in a china shop!

not going to say a lot on this subject as its a tinderbox best left alone(unless you live there!)

Will say if i lived there and the IDF bullied me i would hit them back hard,i also wouldnt let my child climb a tree

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
these are legitimit targets
not cuvilians and after the Israeli forces did enough damage in the west bank.
by firing missiles and so on. if these were cuvilians it would be a diffrent story.

Have they declared official war on each other, and if they are a legit target just what is considered a legit target on the other side?

So I guess Israel can now attack back with full justification and wipe their complete government. Are you suggesting that too since the Israeli forces were legit targets?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Have they declared official war on each other, and if they are a legit target just what is considered a legit target on the other side?

War or not, an occupying force is a target to combatants on the other side. And I would assume the targets for the occupying force would be combatants of the land they are occupying.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

as stated Hamas are a elected goverment by the people

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Pathetic Bodrul, the hypocracy is simply amazing. But what should I expect, we know how you side, and it should be no coincidence your Arab.

i am bengali, not Arab so please get your facts straight first before posting.
the hypocracy is in the eyes of almosy everyone who blindly support israel while it iligaly keeps land and builds on land of others.

and when it uses excuses to demolish homes and target hamas members and kill cuvilians in the process.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I am curious however, has anyone even recovered the kidnapped soldier from the rebels thast tunneled into a base last year?

To the best of my Knowledge he has not been found. Last thing I remember was I believe, a video tape showing him alive.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

So I guess Israel can now attack back with full justification and wipe their complete government. Are you suggesting that too since the Israeli forces were legit targets?

like israel hasnt been doing that already

they have been targeting Hamas members even during cease fires, they forced western govrements to impose sanctions on people in gaza cutting fuel supplies off.

its jokes when people say Israel is so innacent.

unless you consider military personale that attack palistinians not to be ligit targets,.

for israel hamas would be a ligit target such as their forces are to hamas

answer you quetion?

[edit on 11-9-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Which bring the question, if they are not occupying Gaza no more, why they still getting attack from Gaza?

This is the problem with this radical muslims, faith blinds them, they saw Israel pulling out from Gaza as a victory for them, a victory for their tactics, which has embolden them to keep going at it. No one here can dispute the fact that Israel has the means and ways to oblitarate any Arab country back to the stone age if they wanted to. For the right reasons they have shown restraint to do so.

The problem here is not Israel or Palestinian citizens, the problem here is radical islam. When I saw Israel leaving Gaza, I thought that it was the turn of the tide from violence to stability, and what the terrorist did on their first week, rain down missiles on Israel. There is no talking to this terrorist they even think they going to get 72 virgins when they die.
Common now people.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

question do the palistinains have a right to defend them selves from israel
you seem to think Israeli soliders should not be attacked at all.
but why not? they make daily incurtions into gaza and west bank, they shoot up and blow things up. yet they arent ligit targets because they are conscripts?

when has it been that only one side can defend its self?
of are palistinians worth less then an israeli life to you?

and my views arent through ideoligy or what BS reasons you or others think.
its through what i have been seeing on TV and papers for the last decade.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

Which bring the question, if they are not occupying Gaza no more, why they still getting attack from Gaza?

I don't know. But if you look hard enough I'm sure you'll find that prior to this incident the Israelis did something that "provoked" the Palestinians. That's been the history of that area it seems. Tit for tat, eye for an eye.

It's really stupid in my opinion. I also think the Palestinians need a change in tactics. But that's probably too much to ask

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

learn the history of the area
it has nothing to do with radical islam

Israel refused to even talk with hamas. unless it met its demands.
hamas offerd peace with Israel if it pulled back from all occupied land.

also on almost all cease fires Israel struck first.

as they have always said and stood by they will always target hamas

[edit on 11-9-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Sorry I beg to differ, may be 15 or 20 years ago I think you might be correct, but to say that radical Islam at this point has nothing to do with this conflict it just non sense.

When you have Iran giving money and weapons for this cause, I could see that radical Islam fingerprint all over. Take out Syria and Iran support and you have people throwing rocks at tanks. Remember that?

If anything radical Islam has hijack a legtimate claim by the Palestinians and turn it in to mess.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

then please tell me how Radixal islam has to do with the current conflict
in palistiane?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Rockpuck

question do the palistinains have a right to defend them selves from israel
you seem to think Israeli soliders should not be attacked at all.
but why not? they make daily incurtions into gaza and west bank, they shoot up and blow things up. yet they arent ligit targets because they are conscripts?

when has it been that only one side can defend its self?
of are palistinians worth less then an israeli life to you?

and my views arent through ideoligy or what BS reasons you or others think.
its through what i have been seeing on TV and papers for the last decade.

Palestine has EVERY RIGHT to defend its self, and to engage in war when Israel crosses the borders in military maneuvers. However.

When was the last OFFENSIVE NON REACTIONARY MOVEMENT BY ISRAEL.... you know.... killing just to kill? .. Its always be bombed first then Israel goes in. Israel has every right to do as they do, its the actions committed once engaged that they could be held accountable for.

Both sides have the right of defense, Israel's defense is a strong offense, where as Hamas's offense is just that, offense because no GAIN comes from the attacks... just provocation.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Bunch

then please tell me how Radixal islam has to do with the current conflict
in palistiane?

The Palestinian cause was once a cause of Nationalism, territorialism .. however now it is a matter of (hamas doctrine anyways) subjecting Islamic law over Israeli people because they "have no right to be there"

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Powerfull radical clerics in Iran want Israel destroyed.

Powerfull radical clerics has huge amount of money from oil.

Powerfull radical clerics instead on being leaders of peace, decide that is on their best interest to channel money and weapons to terrorist organizations in Palestine for the destruction of Israel.

Terrorist in Palestine instead of using suicide bombers, now have weapons and money to build rockets thanks to the training and money paid for by the radical clerics.

The result, more weapons in an already volatile conflict with don't bring nothing but more chaos.

Edit to add:

Not to mention, OBL giving messages of support for the Palestinian cause, radical schools in Saudi Arabia where they collect money for the martyrs of Palestine and the like.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Well, nothing shows ignorance quite as much as cheering on destruction, regardless of "who's side you're on".

You must be very proud!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Terrorist in Palestine instead of using suicide bombers, now have weapons and money to build rockets thanks to the training and money paid for by the radical clerics.

What do you expect them to do then? Curl up and die?

When they were blowing up themselves in a crowd of innocents, people complain. But that's alright, because blowing yourself up and innocents around you is wrong and un-Islamic.

When they use conventional weapons and hit soldiers, people complain too.

As for the clerics you claim to have provided financial support, I think they should have allocated more money on a counter-propaganda campaign. Level the media playing field a bit.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Hey, I was just trying to answer a question by Bodrul on how radical Islam is a part of this conflict.

I'm not saying that they don't have a legitimate claim or that they don't have a right to fight Israel in battle, of course they do.

But if we talking about options what about, sit down at the diplomacy table, forget about religions and come down with something in which both states can coexist peacefully with one another for the sake of their citizens.

I think that's too much to ask.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

But if we talking about options what about, sit down at the diplomacy table, forget about religions and come down with something in which both states can coexist peacefully with one another for the sake of their citizens.

I think that's too much to ask.

Have you forgotten? Israel won't acknowledge them. Apparently it is too much to ask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join