It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verification of Groom Lake/AFFTC DET 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I was just online Googling "AFFTC DET 3" and found the following pdf file:

www.ateds.com...

You notice right away that two gentlemen list themselves as connected to the organization "DET 3 AFFTC / RDOE".

I then thought, if these guys work at Groom Lake, they must have an adress in Nevada, within a communting distance of the JANET terminal in Las Vegas.

Sure enough, I was able to find their names and addresses on a white pages website. Go ahead, try it and see what you come up with. Share what you find with the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Nice find! I doubt anyone will respond to email though.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I tried to ping that guy's mail server and it doesn't work. Everything else checks out as you stated. Nice work.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I find it interesting these folks would state they are affiliated with DET 3 at an open source meeting. Is it possible there is an AFFTC DET 3 at Nellis AFB?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
In addition, it seems unlikely any folks would work at AFFTC at Edwards AFB near Rosamond, CA and live in the Las Vegas, NV metro area. Tough commute, unless JANET (or another service) flies that (NV to CA) direction.

In addition, I am still finding NV connections with AFFTC DET 3...run the word searches on the *.pdf file at the following link:

www.ametsoc.org...

[edit on 11-9-2007 by TAGBOARD]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TAGBOARD
In addition, it seems unlikely any folks would work at AFFTC at Edwards AFB near Rosamond, CA and live in the Las Vegas, NV metro area. Tough commute, unless JANET (or another service) flies that (NV to CA) direction.

Detachment 3 is the Groom group, so they would live in Vegas. If they worked at AFFTC, then they would work at EDW.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
I tried to ping that guy's mail server and it doesn't work. Everything else checks out as you stated. Nice work.
unless you're speaking figuratively, just because you can't ping it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just means they're blocking ping requests.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I am trying to learn as much as I can about the organizations they claim they are connected to. One e-mail address domain is:

oln-afmc.af.mil - OLN must be a subdivision of Air Force Material Command

DET 3 AFFTC / OGSW - I don't know what "OGSW" means. Is it an acronym?

DET 3 AFFTC / RDEO - I don't know what "RDOE" means. Is it an acronym? The only acronym I have found is "Regional Director of Education", but don't believe that's right.

Anyone have ideas or leads?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There is nothing classified about being assigned to DET 3 AFFTC. The commander himself was once introduced by name and title at an event attended by news media. Of course the reporters had no idea what DET 3 was or why it might be significant.

Most personnel assigned to DET 3 live in the Las Vegas area. A few commute by air from Edwards.

The "oln" in the email address is apparently OL-N (Operating Location N). There has been another email address with a different format. As it may still be in use, I wont mention it here. AFFTC is assigned to Air Force Materiel Command (AFMC).

OGSW and RDOE are office codes, not acronyms.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon

Originally posted by gariac
unless you're speaking figuratively, just because you can't ping it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just means they're blocking ping requests.

I don't believe the domain name exists. I tried www.oln-afmc.af.mil with no joy. Now it could not have a port 80, so I pinged it too. Yes, the ping could be blocked.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
May I make a suggestion ?

I'm no expert, but it seems some
phreaking/hacking might be either
going on, or being attempted.

Not sure I'd be talking about it
on an open forum.

If I'm totally off base, please
disregard.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I understand your concerns and are justified. On this end, the research has been completely open source websites. From what I have seen, I don't believe anyone to this point on this thread has been engaging in illegal activities. Keep us in check!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
May I make a suggestion ?

I'm no expert, but it seems some
phreaking/hacking might be either
going on, or being attempted.

Not sure I'd be talking about it
on an open forum.

If I'm totally off base, please
disregard.

Regards,
Lex

Hey Lex!!
!
?
I see nothing wrong with what the OP has done here. Using Google to research a topic and then cross referencing the names in the material is hardly "hacking". I do a similar search method for work related tasks and there is nothing wrong with it. I am assuming that the OP used anywho.com or one like it. That is basically like looking in the phone book.

Those dudes must not be that important though, as I am sure they wouldn't be listed in the anywho.com type sites if they were. Regardless, this is good work OP and I commend your efforts!

top topics

join