It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 14th: A day to remember?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Nothing gonna happen today. This is just like Aug 22nd, or 06-06-2006 or 07-07-2007.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett
I do love the way the statements "Don't panic" and "Nothing to worry about" have the opposite effect, leading to people queuing up to get their money out. I don't think it's a full on run yet, but it looks like it could go that way.

IF anything happens today, it's going to be economic.

The markets are looking ugly, especially in the UK.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I'm a newbie so be kind!

If Northern Rock (hardly one of the UK's leading banks) shares plunging is the biggest news today, then these 14 September predictions will (thankfully) not become reality.

And regarding these predictions making one poster feel 'sick' with worry, bless ya! Don't worry petal, sure it'll all be fine.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Well, im in the future (2 pm over here in Europe) and I can report nothing happens.

But to be honest, for every day this week, the first thing ive done every day is check the news as soon as I get up. Im just waiting for some kind of scary headlines...

Oh well. Its looking good this far.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sorry but this is just hype brought on by bored or fear mongering theorists on the internet. I spotted at least 4 Sept 14th doomsday links on rense.com..
One never knows for sure what will happen on a given day but I dont believe there is anything planned, lets hope not anyway.
You are contacting us from the future Copernicus? cool, if anything bad happens, let us know so we may attempt to stop it.

[edit on 9/14/2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
KrOnOs - of course I know what's going to happen on a given day.

Every time it's my birthday, I get a yummy cake!

Previous comments regarding Northern Rock Building Society from my fellow GMT 0's.
Deposits upto £2,000 insured 100%.
Deposits on the next £33,000 insured 90%.

I neither have one of their accounts or any money - still feelin' stress - free!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well its the 14Th and we are still here. Interesting and creative thread tho.
It does not look like a day to remember unless your paycheck has a bonus on it.

[edit on 14-9-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Folks, there are ALWAYS reports of this is going to happen and that is going to happen.

While it is important not to go and quit your jobs to prepare for the inevitable, it is also important to listen to these warnings and keep a watchful eye.

One day, it might be right.

I think if you overload the system with nonsense, it may cause many to ignore a real warning. Don't be fooled.

Just watch, but go nuts over it. Know where to go and what to do, but don't go there until it actually does happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Who started all this anyway?

The only thing of note was the idea of the USA grounding some of it's military planes, but that was pretty debunked fairly soon.

It feels like people just tried to balance a whole heap of junk on top of an already shaky base.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There are some people that just like to panic and panic loves company. It brings them an adrenalin rush. I would guess being a conspiracy website, you get a lot more of that kind of people who are a little more paranoid and easier to panic. It's fun to talk about, but in the long run it just doesn't pay to put too much credit in these kinds of threads.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The analysis of gathered information is not fear mongering nor is it a mere way to get an adrenaline rush.

We are criticized for doing so, but what is the greater crime:

To try and connect some dots based on the often biased media that we must rely on?

or

To come onto a thread the day of the prediction and slam the people who have tried to make sense of the information?

It must be terribly hard to poke around a CONSPIRACY LADEN website and tell people how wrong and off based they are.

I said from the beginning of this thread that I was NEVER convinced something would go on today. I simply thought that this was all very interesting and coincidental. So I started a discussion about it. Is that wrong?

All I see now are people posting "I told ya so's" AFTER the fact.

IMHO, if you don't like the thread, don't post in it. Or if you don't like or agree with the thread at least come in with something CONSTRUCTIVE, as opposed to a virtual nanny nanny boo boo of sorts.

Consider it a good thing that people are looking out for odd things. They are the people that might very well stop something were it to happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
I said from the beginning of this thread that I was NEVER convinced something would go on today. I simply thought that this was all very interesting and coincidental. So I started a discussion about it. Is that wrong?

I do think it's good to talk about these things, I just found it odd that so much got built up for this date from what seems like so little.

There's still time yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
The analysis of gathered information is not fear mongering nor is it a mere way to get an adrenaline rush.

We are criticized for doing so, but what is the greater crime:

To try and connect some dots based on the often biased media that we must rely on?

or

To come onto a thread the day of the prediction and slam the people who have tried to make sense of the information?

It must be terribly hard to poke around a CONSPIRACY LADEN website and tell people how wrong and off based they are.

IMHO, if you don't like the thread, don't post in it. Or if you don't like or agree with the thread at least come in with something CONSTRUCTIVE, as opposed to a virtual nanny nanny boo boo of sorts.

Consider it a good thing that people are looking out for odd things. They are the people that might very well stop something were it to happen.

Exactly sir, what is it that makes this thread constructive? I'm on and off ATS and someone posts doomsday scenarios and war predictions and terrorists acts nearly EVERY week!
Most of the time, as with this thread doomsday conclusions and premis are built on faulty and inacurrate information, attempts to connect dots that aren't there, and sometimes flat FALSE information.
Then, when the event fails to come to pass (surprise), it will be stated that ATS members obviously had something to do with the "non-event" because they stopped whatever government conspiracy was thought to have occured.

Bottomline, today is the 14th of September. It's a beautiful day in south Texas, and I'm still here. I'll be throwing a big ole BBQ today, so everyone come on down...we'll have plenty of beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
September 14, 2007.

Well, getting ready for work. Everything seems normal and its payday.

If that's all the day turns out to be I hope you all learn not to jump to so many panicky conclusions without any concrete facts. I can't blame the OP though, he did present his information as is, and drew a possible scenario but I don't believe he actually said the end was near. I'm thankful that the infowars site caught on to the hoax and actually took the time to address it.

Just don't go digging any bunkers yet!

Originally posted by KnowItAll
And besides, why is everyone so intent on referencing this racist nut-case Hal Turner?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I had never heard of the man but after reading through the racist rants on his site I wish I could reverse time and keep that ignorance. I'm wondering if Hal Turner and co. is using this conspiracy issue as an ad campaign for future fans via this website. If an attack were coming and I'd have to read through his bigoted rubbish just to get to the story, I'd pass and wait for the bomb. I know there's better sources to link to.

You know folks, I'm sure something will happen eventually (inevitably) but all we can do is look for pieces of any puzzle and speculate. Just remember to remain logical and not take any conjecture as definitive fact, however tempting it may be.

See you Sept. 15th!

- Lee

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Sorry for the delayed response. Here's a portion of that article that mentioned a stand down on Sept. 11th 2001.

Now we are told that the entire Air Force will stand down on September 14th, for overhaul and review of procedures. www.airforcetimes.com... Our skies will be unguarded for a day, and our vulnerability has been announced to the whole world. It's an open invitation to America's enemies to attack us. The last stand-down, unannounced ahead of time, took place on Sept 11, 2001. What's planned for Sept. 14th, 2007? Oddly enough, El Al, the Israeli airline, will not be flying planes that day either.

Heres the link:
www.opednews.com...

Hope it works. Midday on the 14th in NYC, and all's well!

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
OMG! A thousand space aliens ships have just landed here in England! The reptilians are shooting everyone ...... we're dying .... ahhhhhhh ......

Er, looks like that's about as exciting and memorable as the day's going to be.

Oh, well I guess there'll be another significant date along next week

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KnowItAll

Ah KnowItAll, here on ATS for nearly a year and this is all you have to contribute? And your only post thus far has been about how arrogant Conspiracy Theorists are? WOW. Thanks for all of the info to chew on.

You asked how this thread is constructive? I will tell you.

This thread opens a forum to discuss and scrutinize various pieces of information to check their credibility and to see if anything adds up. It provides a place for people to argue for and against these various pieces of information and draw conclusions appropriately.

There are and still remain FACTS that still make today interesting REGARDLESS of whether or not there is a major event. These FACTS ARE:

• There IS an Air Force stand down today
  • The Air Force stand down is due to 6 nuclear warheads "accidentally" being flown over the US
  • Top US officials have warned that Al Qaeda is poised to strike again citing either specific information or "gut feelings"
  • There is heavy speculation that the US is looking to engage Iran militarily and all that is missing is the "spark" to go to war
  • Various developments in the stock market - both foreign and domestic-have shown similar trends to the pre 911 markets
  • The list goes on and on...

So don't sit there and tell me that all of this in inaccurate or that it is a bunch of hype over nothing. It may be nothing it may not.

In my opinion, this type of forum is constructive because it makes people look around and use their minds to look at things more critically.

I am not even sure why you waste your time on this site.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Possible interesting story?

I'm starting to get worried about the Russians now.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
In case anyone is interested.... Global Consciousness Project has been at red for the past hour.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Possible interesting story?

I'm starting to get worried about the Russians now.

That happens at least once a week again now, I guess we have to learn to live with it just as we always used to to
Certainly no significance in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join