It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 14th: A day to remember?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Are they stopping air traffic because of airstrikes by the military? We would be coming out of the new moon on the 14th, a prime time to attack.. Is Al-qeada attempting to again strike first? When and how long after we hit Iran will we see the first suicide bombing? Car bombing? mass -casualty event?

It is a good theory, but at this point it could be any day. It is not fear mongering, paranoia or despair, it is deductive and rational thinking with the state of world events.

joi

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There are flights coming to the US-Chicago on the 14th of September.
I wouldn't think any flights would be coming in if it was a part of something "big".

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
if they stopped all the flights coming IN to chicago everybody would be like WTF?!?!?!
i live in rockford which is just sw of chicago by like 45min to an hour...maybe more in bad traffic...nevertheless i go in there all the time. when anything goes down at ohare every cities local news in the northern part of IL reports on it...even if it is really stupid. so i think that would be all over the place. now if this was a gov inside job yea maybe they would try to stiffle that news...but i find that an even unlikely to go unnoticed imhop.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow the paranoia!!! I have a friend in the AF and they said that "stand downs" happen from time to time and especially after miscues. There really is nothing to read here.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Wow the paranoia!!! I have a friend in the AF and they said that "stand downs" happen from time to time and especially after miscues. There really is nothing to read here.

But they're not all made public and built up as much as this.

We're basically saying "...ok everyone..we're going to GROUND OUR AIRCRAFT..*wink wink*..to..umm..."review protocols"..........*wink wink*.........*WINK WINK*................"

We're just inviting an attack. It's not plastered all over the news every time. Since when is that even a good idea to let that be known unless you want something to happen?

[edit on 9/11/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't think it would matter what flights come IN to certain cities..
rather which flights have destinations that require tons of fuel.

Weren't the flights on 9-11 cross-country, so the airplanes were full of fuel?

If airplanes were used again I would exect something similar.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm sure the entire airforce won't be unoperational, there will be a good amount of aircrafts on standby. It's normal defense procedure?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   
It's also the day William McKinley died three days after being shot.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
There's also a big protest in Washington DC against the war on the 15th. So they could avoid that. Wait and see. If it happens, it will be the biggest thread ever.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
While it's always a good idea to be prepared (I keep my supplies well-stocked), there's really no reason to worry beyond that.

My advice is to keep your eyes open, try not to let any of this upset you too much (though God knows there's plenty to be upset about), remember that awareness breeds anxiety, take a Zen approach to it all and perhaps ponder all this under an autumn tree.

Well said Maj and my point exactly. I guess it sounds different coming from a MOD though.

I refuse to live the rest of my life in constant anxiety over what may or may not happen. I hope people at least try and and remember a people in panic only helps to escalate the threatening issues at hand. Panic is useless in any disaster. Some things really are out of our hands folks. To most of our leaders...we simply DON'T matter. American's are merely given the illusion of importance and ironically we actually think we can change something like another war already set in motion.

George Carlin however will lay it to you straight on that one.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Anyone else know of anything else about September 14th?

There's a lot of political turmoil going on in Pakistan at the moment between Musharraf, Islamic militants who want him out, and the return from exile of former P.M.s Bhutto and Sharif who intend to challenge Musharraf.

BBC News 01/09/07

Former Pakistani PM Benazir Bhutto says she will return to the country "very soon", despite having reached no power-sharing deal with the government. Ms Bhutto had been in talks to become PM again, with beleaguered Gen Pervez Musharraf stepping down as army chief but seeking a new term as president. Ms Bhutto said she would announce the date of her return on 14 September.

Another former PM, Nawaz Sharif, has announced he will return on 10 September to challenge Gen Musharraf.

Sharif has already made an attempt to return this Monday (10th), but was promptly detained on landing on corruption charges, and ordered to leave the country by Musharrafs government

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
September 14th is my birthday! Does this mean we're all having a big party?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ummm....NOTHING is going to happen!! All you have to do is look on here at every toher thread predicting a date when something was suppose to happen and it never does.

Grounding of the AF is nothing new and it is no more publicized now than it has been in years past. I think folks are just a little more paranoid now than they were in years past so THEY are the ones who are making a big deal about this.

Also how does haviong our planes grounded invite an attack? From who? Who is going to come over here and bomb us LOL? Also, just because our planes are on a stand down doesnt mean they are inoperable. They will be on full STAND BY and ready to go at a moments notice. Its not like we have them flying all over the place anyway. No one will hardly notice.

I think some folks are confusing the AF stand down with meaning that all commercial traffic will be standing down as well and that is not the case!

See you on September 15th.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sept 14th stand down orders ectc is being reported as a HOAX on infowars.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
Sept 14th stand down orders ectc is being reported as a HOAX on infowars.

If I read that correctly, the writer is not claiming that the stand down order is a hoax, rather he is calling out those who engage is reckless, baseless conjecture in attempting to connect non existent dots that some see leading to the standown being linked to a false flag operation.

Good for the author.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
He also makes it clear that it is not a full stand down as most of the other threads have lead me to believe. I probably could have worded it much better though.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm going to go look up the quotes from "John From Cincinnati" ...

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Sophia Wisdom]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
He also makes it clear that it is not a full stand down as most of the other threads have lead me to believe. I probably could have worded it much better though.

Yes he does clear up the extent of the stand down order as well. I'm glad we can looking to 9/14 as our next, last day on Earth.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Great Post.

I want to believe that "John from Cincinnati" wasn't a prophet.

His talks about 9 11 14 and towelheads and eradication.

The first words of the 10 part series were: "The end is near"

~~~~

John & 9 11 14

"Those towel heads are going to get themselves eradicated. ...

~~~~

Also ... found this just coming out ...

www.whitehouse.gov...
Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks

~~~~~~~

And how bout this?

www.halturnershow.com...

AIR FORCE TIMES CONFIRMS: ENTIRE U.S. AIR FORCE WILL STAND DOWN THIS FRIDAY September 14, 2007
CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES WILL HAVE ZERO FIGHTER AIRCRAFT TO PROTECT THE NATION

I also was told about this:

Regional Disaster Preparedness Exercise September 14 (2:00pm)
On September 14, from 2 to 4 PM, Delaware Valley hospitals are invited to participate in a regional exercise designed to simulate a large-scale terrorist attack in Philadelphia. A large number of seriously injured victims will overwhelm city hospitals, requiring mutual aid from, and movement of victims to, surrounding hospitals. By providing staff to act as victims, hospitals can use this scenario to conduct a full-scale exercise. Hospitals not providing victims can participate in communication and coordination exercises via the E Team incident reporting and management system. To test Incident Command and National Incident Management System protocols, the Emergency Operations Centers from the five-county region also have been invited to participate. The exercise is being designed and coordinated by Edward Jasper, MD, director, emergency medical services, Thomas Jefferson University, and Southeast Pennsylvania Regional Counter Terrorism Taskforce (SEPA RCTTF). Contact Tom Grace at (215) 575-3747 for more information.

~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for opening up this subject.

Sophia

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh ... it's a 'safety day.'

Guess that explains it all.
www.airforcetimes.com...

By Bruce Rolfsen - Staff writer
Posted : Monday Sep 10, 2007 17:38:42 EDT

On Sept. 14, flight lines will be very quiet at Air
Combat Command bases.

The entire command - about 100,000 active-duty airmen
- is standing down training flights and many other
operations as part of a command-wide safety day.

Command boss Gen. Ronald Keys ordered the Sept. 14
safety standdown in the wake of the Aug. 30 nuclear
incident at Minot Air Force Base, N.D., in which six
cruise missiles armed with nuclear warheads were
loaded onto a B-52H and then flown to Barksdale Air
Force Base, La., without anyone on the ground or
bomber realizing the nuclear weapons were on the
plane. It was not until the B-52H was parked at
Barksdale that ground crews discovered the cruise
missiles were carrying real warheads.

Command spokesman Maj. Tom Crosson said wing
commanders would determine how their units review
operations and safety procedures and checklists.

Just how serious Keys takes the lapse of regulations
at Minot is reflected in the fact that the safety
stand-down is the first commandwide safety day in
recent memory. In the past, the command has singled
out specific types of aircraft for safety days and in
1997 the Department of Defense held a departmentwide
safety review day.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join