It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 14th: A day to remember?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

You know, I think I'm in the same boat as you. After today's doomsday predictions I am honestly starting to trust the government more and more... maybe they aren't out for all the bad reasons everyone claims. I have honestly grown tired of all the "conspiracy" type things, and I am honestly starting to think conspiracies aren't real, and its just paranoia that gets the best of people. I thought the episode of South Park about the9/11 conspiracy put everything into perspective quite nicely
... i recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty new here as far as posting but have been lurking for years and I'll tell you this. I am sick of all the bunk doomsday predictions on this board. Thank God they don't come true but what a waste of time and a stress on the nerves.

It's sept. 15th. Wonder what the next date is gonna' be. Before 2012 that is. Wait, what happened to Y2K?

I would never trust ONE prediction thread on this board. The track record is terible. Thankfully not one has come true.

BTW I am not singling out this thread. There were several here. Just making a statement relative to 9/14.

I hate to say it but there may be more fear mongering speculation going on here than Fox "news".

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaargg
Scary thing is, if they wanted to, I imagine they could monitor a lot of sites on the net using phrase searching tools or something.

It's called google.

[edit: changed "code" to "quote" tags]

[edit on 15-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Same here, I have been reading for a few years now and just joined for the hell of it (side lines) its an interesting read, but all these dates and then nothing, people really have no shame, because they are the same people that have been and will be posting that it will all happen over again next week/month/year whatever.

These people WANT something to happen, life gets too boring for them, they get off and enjoy the thrill of destruction in other peoples live’s and hearing that people might die, some global war might happen, or a government might fall, really does fill them with such joy of joys.

I would implore everyone with half a brain, not to feed their threads and if you must, please show them for what they are.

So tell us all mighty all seeing eyed, truth within, writer and scholar (no less) did you just get it all wrong, or were you only pointing out that something might happen, as it did not look good on the run-up.

Guess work and hope (which is kind of sick really if you think about it) feeding peoples fears and trying to put together the impossible ultimate disaster day, for all those who are stilly enough to eat at the table.

You think the government or the people with the power, would really, after 9/11 give you some rope so you could hang them? Where was the flood of info before 9/11? - and why did thee mighty scholar let us (his people) down on that day.

Sometimes I think people that start threads like this one, are really working for the government, as they are filling our futures with fear and making us all look like "SNIP"

[EDITED to remove derogatory remark]

[edit on 9/15/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I am as critical as anyone concerning doomsday threads but I don't agree that the posters who start them WANT something bad to happen. That's not a fair criticism.

We certainly have had enough incidents and reports of chatter to believe that something is up. It's scary feeling that way while having no idea what is going to happen or the time and place for same. I think, when we make predictions we feel a bit more in control perhaps?

You know what I like best about this site? No matter what your interest or points of view, you can find interesting (and maddening) here to digest. If you are a UFO-ologist (Im not) there is plenty here for you. If you are a govt conspirist, ditto. If you are just concerned about terrorism and want to get as much info on warnings, chatter, etc and are willing to sift through the mounds of info, then you can read info you won't get anywhere else.

I don't mind these doomsday threads. I do get frustrated with those who want to present unfounded theory as proven fact but I'm sure things I write frustrate others (hard to believe, I know!)

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22

You know, I think I'm in the same boat as you. After today's doomsday predictions I am honestly starting to trust the government more and more... maybe they aren't out for all the bad reasons everyone claims. I have honestly grown tired of all the "conspiracy" type things, and I am honestly starting to think conspiracies aren't real, and its just paranoia that gets the best of people. I thought the episode of South Park about the9/11 conspiracy put everything into perspective quite nicely
... i recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

"I love big brother,"

Last line of 1984, lol.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Gorman91]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I doubt most people who tend to fearmonger really want anything bad to happen. Rather, I think they probably feel the government is really up to something big, so whenever they see any indication that something might be up, they jump to that conclusion and are surprised when others don't.

Accusing them of wanting world destruction or an Orwellian scenario is not just an insult to them, it's rather inflammatory to accuse someone of that in general.
There are people out there who actually seriously want anarchy and chaos, but that's because they don't get out much, and probably have read literature that argues the case that humans would be better off with anarchy.

Anyway, that's all a little off-topic.

Reality is, the government IS talking about military plans for Iran again. Just because last time they did this nothing happened doesn't mean they will or wont act this time. What is alarming to me is how much our government publicly makes statements like that. How barbaric! I don't care how backward Iran is supposed to be, for our government to refuse a healthy line of communication with Tehran for so long, and then after the UN tries to get involved, we sit there and make statements about how/where our military campaign to crush Iran would go... how is that not bullying?

Today, thousands of people are protesting at the capital, denouncing the war and calling for the impeachment of Bush. It may only be a few thousand, but there are veterans among them who agree that the Iraqi people don't want us there, that our actions have created more terrorists than were present during 9-11, and that it's time to stop. Counter protesters, consisting of vets also, simply cry "USA" and argue that "we will win the war on terrorism in the 21st century."

There may be a general feeling of government control of speech closing in on the country, even if that feeling is not equally shared by everyone, but as you can see people are not afraid to take time out of their lives to go say something to the government, even if it's only a few thousand.

If we do go to war in Iran, imagine how that protesting group might grow.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Zaargg]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexicon Devil
It's called google.
[edit: changed "code" to "quote" tags]

[edit on 15-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

Would that be sufficiently powerful enough of a tool to constantly monitor all chatter about a whole range of sensitive subjects on the net though?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
john lear

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I love ATS because this is the most entertaining site on the net, but as far as fearmongering goes, this site beats Foxnews, the government or any other entity by spreading such disinformation that its unreal.

The topics that are posted on here daily that do not come true and are at the same time outlandish and paranoid do more to spread terror and sczremongering that anything else out there.

The topics on this site are SO far to the LEFT, they are extremely RIGHT and verge on full circle. Think about it. Who is spreading terror?

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I love ATS because this is the most entertaining site on the net, but as far as fearmongering goes, this site beats Foxnews, the government or any other entity by spreading such disinformation that its unreal.

The topics that are posted on here daily that do not come true and are at the same time outlandish and paranoid do more to spread terror and sczremongering that anything else out there.

The topics on this site are SO far to the LEFT, they are extremely RIGHT and verge on full circle. Think about it. Who is spreading terror?

Exactly... if there is so much evil going on in the government, where are the initiatives to do something about? People like to get other people riled up sometimes, or are so paranoid themselves that this seems natural to them.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Again just like every other doomsday thread.Nothing at all is going to happen.The real problems are the problems right infrom of our face.

Like the upcoming war with Iran.This is the biggest problem I see in the near or distant future.So why waste time and energy on the damm doomsday thread that never comes true?

We already determined the whole thing about a nuke loose in the U.S is garbage in a few other threads.

I believe they are simply briefing the pilots and also prepairing the aircraft for its new mission.

This will be the one time someone is right,just to make me look like an ass.It's my luck.

And not to be a jerk to the OP but you answered how is this thread constructive by answering with stuff everyone already knows,and it is all already here at ATS.

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaargg
Reality is, the government IS talking about military plans for Iran again.

Link me to said reality please, would be interesting to read about the Governments plans for a war with Iran.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by InterWeb

Link me to said reality please, would be interesting to read about the Governments plans for a war with Iran.

Sure :p

CNN Jan 17 2005

CBS news on April 9 2006

BBC Feb 20 2007

BBC Sept 16 2007

Just a few articles, among others. The plans have in in the works for a while now, it's only a matter of time it seems.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Everytime something major happens, the USAF grounds the fleet for one day, and has safety reviews. There was a period where they had a lot of major accidents within the space of like a week, (I forget when or the numbers) and they grounded the entire USAF for two days to do safety meetings. It worked too. The accident rate dropped immediately. The reason they waited a few days is because you can't just say "We're grounding the entire USAF tomorrow." and expect the order to be carried out. It takes time to allow for vital missions to be carried out, and transfers that HAVE to happen to occur.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   

ATruthWithin,
I'm new here. I started the same day you posted this message. This was the second thread I read and I just wanted to thank you for posting it. You definitely didn't write it as a 'doomsday thread' and I'm sorry some people are implying you did. Your post was a good example of following threads of information, putting the info out here, and then letting people judge and evaluate that information on their own.
Thanks again,
~anahna

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity... did anybody on this board predict 9/11/2001?

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join