It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just watched Ron Paul get shredded by 'Orilley, is he the right guy?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The more I listen to Ron Paul the more doubts I have.
The only reasonable thing I have heard him say is that he would get rid of the IRS.
When he gets asked the tough questions he stammers, stumbles and crumbles.
First Hannity rips him a new one and Ron doesn't defend himself and now O'Rielly shreds him to threads and AGAIN Ron just stammers.!
Am I missing something here with Ron? what am I not seeing in him that everyone else seems to see?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Agreed...a nutjob and a good case study on why extreme libertarianism cannot work.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Before you doubt Mr. Ron Paul, question the agendas of the two persons here that has done the interview.

With that in mind you can find the hidden truth.

In American the corporate media mades and ends political careers, Ron Paul is not what the powers behind our government wants.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
i havent seen this yet,but in my opinion (if this happened) i think RP's first mistake was giving Orilley the time of day.

Orilley is not fit to interview anyone,he's xtremely bias and has no etiquette,respect or a level head,so i can bet just from knowing his MO he probably over talked RP and did everything he could to not let ron get his point's accross,and wouldnt be suprised if he told him to "sht up".

Orilley is a boarderline "fruit cake" so any type of interview from him,in my eyes with anyone... is null.

just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

He's not what I want, either. Abolishing the UN, enforcing isolationist policies, abolishing birthright citizenship, the list goes on and on of the lunatic positions he supports.

Oh, and did you hear he's a racist?

www.atlantaprogressivenews.com...

I wouldn't want Mr. Paul to manage a McDonald's, much less our country.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm aware of the agenda driven media (on both sides) but the problem is Ron outright could not answer the questions he was being asked without sounding like a nut.thats my point. I want to back this guy but not from what I've seen thus far. It would have to be a blind faith thing for me to back him now. "Ok Ron, you don't seem or feel right but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt"..nah.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I just want to clear up that I am not a fan of O'Reilly, either.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

me either i think he is a womanizing jerk. But it doesn't excuse the fact that Ron couldn't answer his questions. right?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
First of all Mr. Ron Paul is not somebody I am familiar with, but I am very familiar with the two clowns that did his interview.

Now, because I, in my conspirators mind believe that we do not really elect candidates anymore but just celebrate the holiday of voting day, is pretty obvious who the next two candidates for president will be.

They are selected for us and we actually have not much to say in the matter.

You either vote for dumb or dumber, any of them will do just find and will serve just right for the power behind our for the people elected government.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If you aren't prepared to answer hard questions DO NOT GO ON O'REILLY. Its that simple. He will roast your ass. Ron Paul is nothing but a NUT who is getting the internet vote. Once he is exposed more often, like O'reilly did tonight, the less support he will have.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I didn't watch this Oreilly episode and I should have. If anyone has the video, please post it ASAP.

Im wondering if the Oreilly factor "no one talks sense but me" was in effect. I have seen countless interviews on his show when the person being "interviewed" isn't even given a chance to respond before he is cut off in mid sentence and Oreilly starts taking over the interview.

You all should remember that Oreilly used to be in Current Affair, the MOST TRASHY television show EVER. I would NEVER believe a word he says or NEVER associate his interviews as being "INTERVIEWS" because all he does is trash every guest he has on that doesn't believe in his view points.

I would give the benefit of the doubt to Ron Paul without even seeing the so called "INTERVIEW". Please, lets have a real interviewer, like, uhhhhm, HOWARD STERN!!!!!!!

Atleast with Howard Stern we would have an impartial interview and someone who might be turned to the "RON PAUL DARK SIDE" as I like to call it if the Ron's handlers would allow it. I BET if Howard had a chance to interview Ron Paul, there would be more influential people seeing and hearing Ron's message.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It's very telling, sad, and a sign of our Corporate-controlled times that people think RON PAUL is the one who sounds like a lunatic. That the philosophy of libertarianism is rejected by so many, is a pathetic indicator that Americans have ZERO idea of what true freedom is, anymore.

uberarcanist, you are a moron for thinking Paul's positions on the UN, birthright citizenship, 'isolationist' (I guess that means opposition to imposing American military might on other countries) are "lunatic". Again, an indicator of the COMPLETE ignorance of what liberty really is.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
What does anyone THINK Ron Paul is gonna face from Fox News? How can he answer a question, when he's got some corporate puppet yelling over him, and trying to twist his words? PLEASE!!!

He's done EXTRAORDINARILY well, all things considered, and has even raised some decent money and grassroots support, from people who give a sh*t. Stop bitching, being negative, and start HELPING. C'mon people, do you think someone is gonna come and SAVE you?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

you're kidding right? no president hopeful would have any credibility left if they went on with Howard. i love Howard but his show is not the place for any presidential candidate no matter how much it would help.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lar Janus

what you are saying is "shut up and start helping, don't worry if it doesn't make sense"
no thank you, that is what we have NOW. blind faith is not for me. There is still a long time before we vote, maybe Ron will get a "fair" interview???
I'll hold judgement until after the CNN interview. if he crumbles ith CNN what is left for him? an interview with Big Bird from Sesame st.?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IThinkTooMuch

"Ron Paul is nothing but a NUT who is getting the internet vote. "

Don't forget that he has won almost all of the straw polls(by ballot/ not internet) and Fox's own text message poll...lol... both times!! Really....All that matters is that they are talking about him.MSNBC had a text message poll that night as well ..... i think he only got 75% of the vote. Anyone who does not realize that Ron Paul is the favorite to win the Republican primary must not understand that people who use the internet GET TO VOTE TOO!!

[edit on 10-9-2007 by DrPaulisENKI]

[edit on 10-9-2007 by DrPaulisENKI]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Uh, Guliani was on with Howard and I could probably name a couple others as well.

What I am saying is listening to Howard for soooo many years, I would say he is the best interviewer as far as getting down to who the real person is IN HISTORY!!!! NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I would counter with, ANYONE WHO GOES ON THE AIR AND GETS "INTERVIEWED" BY THAT LOW LIFE ORIELLY SHOULDN'T GET ANY CREDIBALITY AS WELL................

I guess Ron Paul decided that he might get a opportunity to say what he thinks going on Orielly, but I guess not. Ron Paul SHOULD of been smarter than this, BUT I HAVEN'T SEEN THE TAPE YET.

Please post the interview if anyone has it yet. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Giuliani dressed in drag too and that hasn't hurt him why? because he doesn't have non-mainstream beliefs. he stays on the "safe" side of politics. When Ron is standing on the ponts he is standing on, he needs all the credibility he can get. he also needs someone with credibility to endorse him, someone ,unlike Howy, who is liked by the "normal" people. not just the internet, tin hat types.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeyvelder
reply to post by Lar Janus

what you are saying is "shut up and start helping, don't worry if it doesn't make sense"
no thank you, that is what we have NOW. blind faith is not for me. There is still a long time before we vote, maybe Ron will get a "fair" interview???
I'll hold judgement until after the CNN interview. if he crumbles ith CNN what is left for him? an interview with Big Bird from Sesame st.?

Whats this bullsh*t about him "crumbling"? So far, he's done an excellent job of clearly stating his positions, and actually ANSWERING questions, instead of speaking in Politicianese; he talks about REAL solutions and issues that no other candidate brings up; he doesn't treat the American people like ignorant sheep; he abides by the Constitution, as much as practicable. Also, you have to remember that he's ALWAYS gonna be up against a hostile media that is LOOKING to discredit him and misrepresent his positions.

So, NO, I'm not saying "shut up and start helping", but saying that--if you wanna do something besides gripe on an internet message board--get involved and stop calling the ONLY Constitutionalist candidate running a 'nutjob'.

Of course, I'm assuming that other people actually want to be FREE, and want a change from the status quo. If you're even CONSIDERING voting for any of the "Big 3" from EITHER Party (R: Giulani/Romney/McCain, D: HRC/Obama/Edwards), you're happy with the status quo.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
You made the point that ANYONE with credability shouldn't go on the Howard Stern Show. All I am saying is that the two former Mayors of the So Called Baddest City in the World have gone on his who, Bloomberg and Guiliani. As well as a whole bunch of Congressman and Women. I think it would help the CAUSE of getting Ron Paul elected if he gets the endorsement of Howard Stern among others.

Ron now needs to get on AS MANY INFLUENCIAL talk shows as possible to get to the REAL VOTERS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join