It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Significance to the Latest Presidential Directive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Here's a White House release concerning information sharing, what is the significance of this latest directive?

here's a snippet:

link

Heads of departments and agencies shall, to the extent permitted by law, furnish to the Director information that the Director requests to perform such functions, in the format and on the schedule specified by the Director.

The Director shall perform such functions in a manner consistent with the President's constitutional authority to withhold information the disclosure of which could impair foreign relations, national security, the deliberative processes of the Executive, and the performance of the Executive's constitutional duties.

I haven't heard any reference of it on the news as they were busy with the Petraeus hearing, OBL, magnesium fire in Tennessee, etc..

ed:sp

[edit on 2007/9/10 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Clearly it is an order to with hold information, so the big question is what information ?

This is where democracy clashes with the need for secrecy. Who is the judge whether the information is merely embarrassing or a genuine issue of national safety ?

Care to add any context ?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That's what it sounds like to me, giving the Director of Intelligence the authority to make the calls on what can be withheld.

It is the timing of recent events that has me wondering ...

Lately, I keep asking Why Now?

This is another case.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You know, I know we all know, that when it comes to national security secrecy is a plus.

But that same secrecy makes impossible for the people of this nation to differentiate who the enemies of the nation are.

Because sometimes the enemies may be just sitting at home and dictating polices.

This sitting president directives has to be taken with a cautious outlook.

Perhaps the bin-laden tape was released to early before was fixed enough so people could not see how fake it was.
after all two tapes but the wrong one got released first.

Occurs just my conspiracy mind working here.

new topics

top topics

join