It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

derek acora question sorta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have watched derek acora many time's on t.v. , so here is my question is there any people on here that has the abilities that he " supposably has ". There are loved one's I have lost and would love to contact. I myself have felt thing's and seen thing's I can't explain . If anyone has these abilities I would love to hear about them.Also can anyone give any insight to make my abilities stronger,Thank's for your reply's and Please if you don't believe in these abilities BE NICE....

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No one with any replys

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The only spirit derek see's is the one called Jack Daniel's. Sorry but this guy is bad and a total fake.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 19-9-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've never heard of Derek Acora, but I'm assuming he is the UK version of the John Edwards we have here... there seems to be a large number of cold readers popping up in the past few years. Cold reading is a technique whereby you use incredibly vague questions, and base things off of what people are wearing, if you overheard anything from their conversations, etc. Google "Cold reading" to get more specifics.

For example they might say to a room of 300 people "I'm hearing like... a J or a G name? J...ja....ja... like James, Jamie, Jake...George.. Jerry.." Well no crap out of 300 people, someone is going to know someone who died with a J name. Once it gets down to a personal level it gets a little more tricky but not really...

[BS ALERT]How did I know that you are from the UK when you never said that?
Was the most recent love one you lost female? I'm getting a sensation of knitted wool sweaters and an image of a necklace made from large wooden beads, or maybe it is just a wooden spoon... do you remember that cold sensation you got the other day? That was her way of saying she is still watching over you.[/BS ALERT]

See... cold reading is easy
. If it doesn't match you, it will match someone else who reads this thread. If these people have any psychic abilities at all, it is a very limited amount of intuition and empathy.

[edit on 9/19/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
David Acorah does a show called "Most haunted". Basically, the gist of it is, they go to a location, that Derek supposedly knows nothing about. He consults his spirit guide and divulges some "history" about the place. He frequently channels/becomes possessed by the local spirits, and some british lady keeps cursing in fear.

The whole show is sort of annoying, the production budget must be rather low. The camera quality is akin to the blair witch project. There run around with night vision cameras much of the time as Derek interacts with said spirits.

I personally have never been impressed by anything I've seen of him.

Edit, here's the wiki on him
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 19-9-2007 by TheGreySwordsman]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
he has been pretty much debunked, try watching taps they have some credibility in the community.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm a keen lover of Most Haunted and I'll try and keep this brief as I don't have long. I know Derek from the show and I still watch the show loving it for entertainment purposes only. Although I think the new psychic David hasn't shown anything which would doubt him.

Now let's get onto the mind mess up! Let's think for a minute that Derek was 100% real. Let's also imagine that Derek knew he wasn't so strong in the field of spirituality so he made stuff up after reading, to appear better than he was. Sounds weird? Yes he shouldn't be doing it, but also it happens in many other places in life. People who aren't as good in life lie about things to make themselves appear better at the subject, or better in general. When you meet a girl you might lie about your age, or you might lie in class that you know more about a particular subject, just to not feel out of place.

Let's say he does speak to Sam (his spirit guide.) I have never spoken to a spirit guide and claim not to have one. Let's also say that spirit guides come with certain degrees of power and experience in the land of spirit right? What if Derek was in fact receiving messages from Sam but they were 'shoddy' at best, so he researched about the locations in order to come across more powerful than he was. Yes, it's wrong, but what if he wanted to come across better than he was, so was eventually found out to be 'a fake?'

It's definitely something that should be considered.

I've seen the Derek abuse and I believe he is fake, but I also don't throw away my suggestion above. It's a possibility.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes I read somewhere that Derek Acorah was a fake (shame because he always kept me guessing) and I don't think he is in the show anymore, although he has his own show now. Apparantly the psychologist (kieron I think?) caught him out. Shame though because it was entertaining, despite being a bit naff (Yvette freaking out all the time, excitement over "orbs" etc) and the history of the places visited was interesting.

Anyway, I would be careful who you talk to as there are many proven fakes out there. I think that many people however, are comforted by the idea that there is something after death and that loved ones remain waiting for us to join them.

I am still undecided as to what to believe or even the processes that are involved. On the fence then you could say.

I would certainly challenge anyone to read me though, as it would be funny to see what they had to say

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

You are new to ATS, but have lurked before you joined. You joined on the 7th of September. You live in the UK. That'll be 50 bucks please.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That show always drove me nuts. I really love seeing old places like the ones they toured and learning about the history and hearing about how they may be haunted. But that lady screaming all the time drove me nuts. She totally detracted from the whole experience. It was like "Oh my! I saw a speck of dust float! Ahhhhhh!!!!" Talk about annoying. How can you learn anything when you scream and run away all the time?

As far as cold reading, totally fake. For example, as was stated a bit before, you start out with saying, "I feel someone coming through. The name starts with G or J and it's coming from this side of the room."

Inevitable someone is going to stand up and say "My cousin George." Or someone similar. Then you respond with "I feel that his death was untimely." Of course it was, otherwise they wouldn't be searching for answers from the spirit world. "Yes, he was taken in a car accident when he was just 26." Then you respond with something along the lines of "He wants you to know he loves you. He says it's okay you never got to say goodbye and he will always be watching out for you."

See how easy that was? There's many, many different responses you can use.

Now onto your spirit guide question. There is only one person I've found on this site that claims any sort of spirit guide. That's Paul_Richard. I don't know much about his claims, just that he supposedly has a spirit guide. He's the guy you need to ask about this. He could tell you if they can communicate with relatives who have passed. Send him a U2U.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I like watching ghost shows and what not, but I hate that show Most Haunted. Is he the guy that walks around claiming to meet/see spirits? If its him, I find him to be fake. I have no idea if he is right or wrong, it's just something about him that gives off this feeling that he's full of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thats all old news.

Tell me something that only I would know.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by YarlanZey]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
An ex girlfriend of my brothers worked at a location used for a most haunted episode. she said that dereks flunkies were on every tour of the day and quizzed staff for wierd happenings, took notes of names etc and that when the great man himself appeared he amazingly new the names of all the spirits, the time periods they belonged to and the antics they got up to.

at one point he described a "phsycic" image before him as he read the atmosphere - brothers ex said that what the cameras didnt show was the rest of the room they were in with a display set up exactly as he was describing.

what she also said was that if they had bothered to actually investigate the property properly it could have been an amazing show as so many unexplained and wierd things were seen and happened every day

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
WHO KNOWS?

Is he real or fake, the only one who knows that is derek himself, he has got to live with the truth, It dont make any difference to me, if he is a fake then he's good comedy, if he is real then he's good full stop. I dont intend to use any brain space in analyzing him and his practice. Humans believe in many things, some true, some not so. Its a way of life, live with it and accept it. it makes for a more interesting existence. Think how boring and painful life would be if our creator made us to tell the truth. I rest my case.....MDrhd

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
if i were you i'ld avoid people that would charge you a fee, if you can find someone to help you contact dead relitives without charging you a fee, make sure to keep a poker face and if they make a statement don't give in to your urge to reply. that way, if they do come up with the goods, which i'm sorry to say is very unlikely, you'll know they're genuine and not just cold reading you.

i have to say, i think you'ld be better off not trying to contact them directly like this, if they felt the need to contact you they would, so they probably know what you want to tell them or feel you already know what you need to. you should let them go.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Watch TAPS? What kind of a comment is that? Huh? I used to think Ghost Hunters was an ok show too, until i saw the shadow episode. Did anyone here see that one?

TAPS went into a house with shadows in it, got so spooked in one part of the "investigation" that they went crying to a female member of the team, who the one told that he had been sitting on the floor and felt so vulnerable he'd had to cross his legs (as in sexually vulnerable to attack from these beasts) - they were freaking out. At the end of this episode, the leaders of the team go back into the house and tell these parents of two little girls, "well, for now it's noce that your daghters have playmates".
!
!!!!!
Exasperation! And you mean to tell me those crazies are legitimate, when they would do such a thing?!!! That is just downright crooked! No! TAPS fails!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
only see a psychic who has absolute proof of their ability who has been tested and left scientists stumped for an explanation otherwise you may aswell just pay someone to lie to you, to make you feel better. All clairvoyants unless fully prepared to be tested are conmen/women. And this it wont work under test conditions is not good enough, if it wont work under test conditions then i'll assume you have no control which is strange when it can be controlled infront of some grieving family member who is willing to pay or on tv infront of an audience and camera.

top topics

join