It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are the Chances of Madeline's Parents Being Prosecuted-Deported?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm not really sure if this thread should be on ATS or BTS as it isn’t really politics, more entertainment news for the proletarian parts of our brain; as frankly (so far) it’s had nothing to do with calling for stiffer penalties for paedophiles, or anything else to do with party politics.
However at least it’s a conspiracy, and an intriguing one at that.

According to the Portuguese Press there is a 100% DNA match between the blood found in the boot of Madeline’s parents car which they hired 25 days after they reported Madeline as having disappeared…
news.sky.com...
and which they hired at a time when there was only two days before they went to see the Pope Benedict.

Police also found a syringe in her parents bedroom (who are both GP’s)
groups.google.com...
And: www.anorak.co.uk...

Oh apparently the mum’s bible was open at the chapter where David is asked by God to kill his son
www.thesun.co.uk...

And last night it emerged the devout Catholic’s Bible could be a key part of the case against her.
Detectives found it at the villa, open at the story of how David killed his son, and quizzed Kate about it.

So how intriguing as one of the reasons why we are better for religion is because it installs a fear of God into people which means they will one day be accountable to God for sins they did like fraud, theft, murder ect. The one religion where we might not be better of (in today’s world) is Islam and that’s because almost all suicide bombers believe they’re Muslim.
However here we have two bible reading parents with the blood of their daughter in their boot. If the DNA is real it doesn’t make sense for the Portuguese police to have set them up as they could have just have used the DNA to target someone far less controversial. Besides most police are decent, and historically almost all police set-ups occur happen when they are not just under pressure to find someone, but believe they have found someone who is guilty but who won’t be convicted without some “intervention”.

It seems the parents would have allowed that British born Robert Murat guy to be wrongly convicted of a terrible crime. And they deceived the pope!
Then again Portugal is a religious country so perhaps the mum thought she was being “normal” towards the police by leaving that particular page open?

Whatever the case I find it hard to believe the parents when they say they came back for the kids. Funny it’s the same week they’ve officially being made suspects!!!

And (if guilty) what are the chances of them being deported?

mod edit: changed quote tags to external quote tags.

Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 11-9-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I don't know whether they are guilty or not, but I'd say that as it is now, they probably won't be charged.

I think they'd have to find the body for any trial to go forward. If they found the body and tied it to the parents such as by fiber evidence of the inside of that trunk they found the DNA in, it'd be an open and shut case. Or, they could possibly find the body and find evidence that would seem to exonerate the parents. But with no body, I see it remaining a mystery, kind of like the Natalee Holloway case.

As far as them being extradited, wouldn't the UK and Portugal have a treaty through the EU where they'd have to extradite them if asked?

[edit on 9/11/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
And (if guilty) what are the chances of them being deported?

If the Portuguese authorities put in an extradition request and provide suitable evidence to back up their theory, then I find it hard to see how they won't be deported to stand trial (that's not to say that they're absolutely 100% guilty, by the way). There are no human rights considerations to go through because Portugal is part of the EU, so it really shouldn't be a problem if the Portuguese police decide to put them on trial.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

Easier than that these days. The Portuguese authorities will issue a European Arrest Warrant which it will be virtually impossible to escape. No extradition process as such at all, very quick & very easy.

Interestingly, there is a distinct advantage to have this warrant served against you in your own country as you can the apply to serve your sentence at home rather than where you are convicted - handy.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by timeless test

Is that how Osman Hussein was brought back to Britain after he escaped to Rome when the July 21st bombs failed?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

Yes, I believe it was the process used in that case. As I recall it can only be used for "serious" offences by some definition.

edit to add:

Yes, it was certainly used, probably quite an early one as well.

Link

[edit on 12-9-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I for one hope they did not have anythying to do with this. I have been watching this on the T.V. every day. If they did murder her. They are one hell of actors.

My gut feeling tells me they did not do this. I think she is gone now anyways. The chances of them finding her, going by past cases when younger children have been abducted, the chances of the authorities finding her alive is slim.

Just wish they would either charge them or drop the innuenddo agaisnt them, and get on with the investigation in trying to find mandeline.

top topics

join