It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus outlines troop withdrawal plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Petraeus outlines troop withdrawal plans

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - The top U.S. general in Iraq outlined plans Monday for the withdrawal of 30,000 troops by next summer, drawing praise from the White House but a chilly reception from anti-war Democrats.

Gen. David Petraeus said a 2,000-member Marine unit would return home this month without replacement in the first sizable cut since a 2003 U.S-led invasion toppled Saddam Hussein and unleashed sectarian violence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Next summer, hmm... That would come in plenty of time before the 2009 inauguration. With 30,000 troops gone from Iraq, that will be 30,000 available for fighting in Iran.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
How despicable when our troops are use for political agendas.

What a great campaign topic for the candidates to talk about during their tour lying to the American people, Is so pathetic to see which side claims to be the ones making possible for the troops to come home.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
How despicable when our troops are use for political agendas.

I know. Well, I felt that was the agenda (as I posted above) as soon as I read it. It seems fairly obvious. Bush said he was never going to withdraw. And now the top general, who is under the authority of the Commander in Chief of the armed forces (a.k.a. the president), comes out and says they have a plan to withdraw troops? Come on now, how stupid do they think some of us are? (Ok, that's a dumb question.) It's obvious what they intend to do -- bring the boys home and ship 'em right back out. And that may be what it takes for a civil war to break out here at home.

[edit on 9/10/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I see it as a make believe so the American people feels that the government is doing something about the troops.

In reality is nothing more than politics.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
you say "tomato'" i say "to'mato" know what i'm saying? when you squash it, theyre both a big ugly red mess..know what i'm sayin?

new topics

top topics

join