It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught on tape threatening to destroy and invent evidence

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I spent my adolescence in small-town Alabama. None of this surprises me in the least.

This story will have zero effect on dirty and bad cops beyond the one directly involved with it, much like how the Jena 6 case will have no effect on uneven justice. It will go almost totally unnoticed by the American public and I have my doubts that it will make a notable appearance in national news... Though Bill Maher might decide to do a show about it three months after the fact.

This is just par for the course... But as the government increases its hold on our privacy, I can't help but feel amused by what happens when the camera points the other way, as it did here. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Who watches the watchers? We do, my friends.

/tn.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by squatch
My question is... Why did you squeeze so tight into that turn where the cop was idle at the entrance of the parking lot? Why did you even go into the parking lot? Plus, it being 2AM in the morning doesn't make your case any better because like he said. You are a suspicious vehicle.

a suspicious vehicle that signals, makes a "tight squeeze"(according to you, i don't think it was tight at all) past an idling cop car....

WHAT'S SUSPICIOUS? criminals are afraid of cops, don't you know. (except, not of PIGS that are partners in crime, of course) a REAL criminal wouldn't likely do crime when they know there is a cop within 500 yds. of wide open space.

*footnote* only cops which use the badge as a "shield of power" to bend or break the law for their own gain are "PIGS". good cops(if there are any) aren't just good, they're grrrrreat!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This is pretty simple to me. Those in power are being taught that there power alone gives them the right to do anything.

For examlple, Patriot Act, Label anything as terrorism, new police are even being taught to identify potential terrorist by those who claim constitutional rights. No joke.

The cop in this incident had one issue, a person did not treat him as if every cop had complete unquestionable authority to do whatever he wanted.

Does a good public servant believe he should have total power to do whatever he wants?

They should protect us, including are liberties, and not just inflate a need for control. Authority needs to accept they are constrained by our rights.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
one sad guy that cop, im sure his uppers had a hand in his mentality twistings. Huh? HUH?..geez I mean talk about melodramatic..I bet he didnt understand the parts about civil liberty, and honesty/integrity of an officer, ive met some very nice and caring officers, and some overly prickish ones. Id say in my area its 50/50, I think the pig keepers do it intentional because they can, via the tests you take that reveals your mentality to them through specially worded and numbered questions, so ive heard. If they make another video game called thief:modern day, they could put him in as a character patroling the streets lol.

(officer) " now you dont forget to go anywhere without your leash little boy"

(Brian Griffin)"Oh lordy, Ill never roam again officer I swear it"

-season 4, Fmaily Guy

[edit on 11-9-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

Do not question the cop

Sorry but you have the right to question the police just as much as they can question you.

The police officer has reasons that he doesn't have to tell you.

I don't know what world you live in but yes they do have to tell you why they pulled you over.

Why did you even go into the parking lot?

I lived in that area for quite some time so I know right where that commuter lot is at and it is used on occasion for kids to meet up.Plus it is a public lot that is OPEN to the public. Not to mention it is out of St.George jurisdiction unless they've recently changed it. So the question is why was the cop sitting outside his jurisdiction?

You see, yes, you may have the right to question the cop about what you did wrong but asking this question only makes the situation worse. Your best bet is to not say anything and not to have any attitude what so ever. Basically you have to act reasonable or should I say "Grown up". The "What did I do Wrong Officer" question never helps you out of a ticket or trouble. The first couple of times when I asked a cop the very same thing and I might mention also I was 17 years old young and immature so this was many many years ago... I ended up going home with seven tickets. This happened many times to me because I had a problem with authority.

Now for example... yes, it might make you feel week and it might hurt your ego for actually acting polite and cooperative with an officer but not cooperating even if it is a simple question like "Where are you heading tonight" it is best to answer the officer. By not answering or not cooperating this gives the officer the opportunity to so called "Harass" you and all this does not help you get out of a ticket or a argument with the police. Just answer them back simply by saying "I was driving home from work" or "Going to taco bell" so on. You have to make conversation with the cop because you know the cop is a person too just like you and your not the center of the world. They make conversation with you to find out where your mind is so they now how to deal with you. There is allot of psychology involved in police work.

It wasn't until I decided when I was about 21 to go to a local police awareness course to find out how the police operate and what they go through everyday with this kind of stuff. Believe me I hated police like mostly everyone does. Police officers are not your enemy even though it might seem that way. Basically treat people the way you want to be treating is the best way to go about things. I was recently pulled over a couple times and I made conversation with the police. I smiled(it was hard). I cooperated and said Yes Sir and Yes Ma'mm and I was treating differently then when I asked the all mighty question "What did I do wrong Officer". I ended up talking to the police officer like you would talk to your friend. You basically have to get the "School Principle" "Detention sucks" "hatred of being bossed" mentality out of your mind.

You are being pulled over or stopped at a check point for the safety of the community. You might have a problem with authority like most people do or a misconception of why police do what they do. They do what they do at check points so people don't get killed by idiots that drink and drive. It's safety for the community and safety for yourself. They check on suspicious cars because it's 2:00 AM and most of the city or town is in bed. Basically stop being so egotistical and stop trying to prove that the police are wrong and your not because in cases like this your chances of winning are far fetched. Your not going to change the world by acting the way you are.

Jurisdiction, yes, jurisdiction. This is a myth that was created on TV and in Hollywood. With this being a Post 9/11 world now. All Police "jurisdictions" work together and cooperate with each other.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

Originally posted by Squatch

Why 2am in a parking lot? According to the kid he was picking up his friend from work. That is not a crime. The fact that he is out at 2am does not mean anything. I pay a lot of my bills between 2-4am cause thats when I get off work and I know I will sleep in the next day. Either way, I have the right to be on the road conducting my business without having to explain to some cop why I am out. Satisfying the cop's curiosity has nothing to do with the law.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Squatch]

If that's the case why he was in the parking lot he should have told the officer that was what he was in the parking lot for. It's sorta the "In the wrong place a the the wrong time" scenario. That's what it looks like to me. By having a attitude with the office only causes tension. Yes, we do have the right to do "All of the above" but if this was a text book perfect world then maybe quoting the Constitution might hold some ground. The law is the law and unfortunately for some people the law also drives a car around the streets.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If you dislike cops so much why are you putting yourself in the spotlight causing your own trouble. Is the camera in the car for the soul purpose of blackmailing the cops? This right here shows that your looking for trouble. You could have just avoided then cop instead of driving past him 4' from his door. So why is it that you have a camera in your car uh? To be the tough guy? To prove your the king of the hill? Please, answer why you have a camera in your car. Do you record everywhere you drive? That must be a time consuming hobby.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I dont know if you realize this, but most cops in my country (Sweden) arent like this. They know that if you get angry, you lose your judgement and make mistakes. They get training how to deal with people who talk back, and it has nothing to do with acting violent or threatening people.

I dont know if this guy is an exception, but I hope he is, because this is someone who would not be allowed to be a cop where I live.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Squatch

Sorry but I will not sit there and play skittish little mouse just because they have a badge.I know my rights and will speak up when and if I feel they are being infringed upon. They serve us we do not serve them. If an officer pulls me over an says Good morning/afternoon/evening sir then I will respond in kind..If the next sentence out of their mouth is anything other than why I was pulled over I WILL ask. If I don't like their reason I will either ask for a supervisor to be called to the scene or if there are witnesses with me I will take the ticket and fight it in court..I've done it before.

There is absolutely no reason for any of us to roll over and be good little sheep in order to feed a cop's power trip. And there is no reason that they should be able to get away with it. We pay taxes to pay them to serve and protect us. Not to harass us or makes us feel small so they can feel bigger or better than us.

You may roll over an play good dog but you won't see me do it.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen

At the beginning of your video the cop was polite. You sorta testing his authority when you asked him "What did I do wrong" with the commanding voice. Basically when a cop pulls you over. Do not question the cop, keep your hands on the wheel, always wear your seat belt($75 dollar ticker). Always and only say "Yes/no sir/mam". Never ever shoulder check or raise your tone of voice with an officer. Keep calm no matter how pissed you are at the officer. The police officer has reasons that he doesn't have to tell you. The parking lot like the cop said has criminal activity in it.

This is the programmed thinking I was talking about earlier. You have been programmed to submit. How are you testing the officer by asking what you did wrong? That is not testing, that is asking a simple question. It is his right to ask. The police have to have a reason for stopping you and it is your RIGHT to know why. You are not required to say Sir or Ma'am, although it is a sign of respect. I usually say Officer cause thats what he is, he should be happy I do not call him Public Servant cause thats what he is also! You have the right to call him anything you want as long as you are not breaking any laws while you do it. If I want to tell the cop that his badge does not make him smart and I think he is so stupid that he is more like a monkey wit ha language, he can not arrest me for it. Is it a good idea? Not really, but it is not against the law.

Yes, it might be programmed or should I rephrase it "morally justified" but you see why would you want to test the cop anyway? Just by testing the police you are causing your own problems. Why not just cooperate and deal with it. By not cooperating you cause your own problems.

Maybe, we should have "Programmed" thinking when it comes to cops. Because it morally and honestly makes more sense. How would you react if someone treated you like they hated you? What would you say back to them? Yes, you would fight back and escalate the problem.

This isn't a matter of loss of our freedom in the thread. All this thread is about is hatred of police.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

There is absolutely no reason for any of us to roll over and be good little sheep in order to feed a cop's power trip. And there is no reason that they should be able to get away with it.

This is what I felt as well. Like I said above, I dont live in America, but this cop goes from calm to angry in 10 seconds. Thats dangerous for someone who is in that position in my opinion. If people want to know why they get pulled over, they should be told why in a friendly manner. Why is this cop so angry?

Its quite strange to me, but im looking at it from the outside, so to speak.

This isn't a matter of loss of our freedom in the thread. All this thread is about is hatred of police.

You're wrong... Im looking at this from the outside and have no experience of your cops, but this guy is acting crazy. People have the right to know why they get pulled over, and its a cops job to be able to handle people talking back without getting angry. By getting angry, he is creating a potentially dangerous situation because he loses his judgement. And it only took 10 seconds.

Clearly not fitted to be a police officer in my opinion.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Squatch

Sorry but I will not sit there and play skittish little mouse just because they have a badge.

I noticed you said "Badge". What would you do with that "Badge"? How would you respond to someone that hates you because you have a nice shinny little badge on you? Yes, you do have rights. You don't use those rights to intimidate the police and to puff your self up. Common sense really... like I said.. Cops are people too just like you... no difference. Why do you think at every riot that there is there is police? Because your attitude has allot to do with how your outcome will be.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
There are good cops and bad cops as we all know. Like, I said I was disappointed with the way the cop treated you. He shouldn't have used profane words. The problem is mainly he stereotyped you with the way the youth of today is portrayed or being a young man type "So you know everything" stereotype. I hate it when people stereotype and that's what this cop did to you from what it seems. He could have acted more professionally I do agree.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Squatch

Sorry but I will not sit there and play skittish little mouse just because they have a badge.

What would you do with that "Badge"?

I would uphold the law..If someone isn't doing something that breaks those laws then they don't need to be bothered now do they?It would have been plain and simple for that officer in the video to ask the kid what he was there for.When the kid responded he was there to pick his friend up from work that should have been the end of it unless the cop felt the need to express that there have been thefts from that lot and for the young man to be careful..If the officer then felt like the kid needed to be watch then the cop could have went back to where he was sitting to begin with and keep an eye on things.If you call the cops and tell them that so an so said they were going to beat you up they'll tell you that nothing can be done until the person acts. To me the same applies here.Just because somebody pulls into a lot at night doesn't mean they are up to no good..I work nights and run around town all hours after I get off work.The cops here in town know this and they don't bother me. If they see someone leave a bar yes they will follow them for awhile to see how they drive but they don't automatically pull them over just because they left a bar.

I lived right in the area this happened in and know exactly where the lot is this took place in.This is nothing new for the St.George cops. And as for you're comment on jurisdiction you would really need to know the area.The St.Louis County cops DO NOT like the ST. George cops and refer to them as neighborhood rent a cops so they wouldn't like them being on their turf unless it was absolutely necessary.

spelling edit

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   

There are good cops and bad cops as we all know. Like, I said I was disappointed with the way the cop treated you. He shouldn't have used profane words. The problem is mainly he stereotyped you with the way the youth of today is portrayed or being a young man type "So you know everything" stereotype. I hate it when people stereotype and that's what this cop did to you from what it seems. He could have acted more professionally I do agree.

Are you talking to me? I wasn't the guy in the video I just happen to know the area and the reputation of the cops there from living there for several years.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Are you talking to me? I wasn't the guy in the video I just happen to know the area and the reputation of the cops there from living there for several years.

I was speaking about the kid of the video. I shouldn't have said you I guess. My fault... I'm Human made a mistake. I did however mean to say you as in if you where in this kids shoes.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I lived right in the area this happened in and know exactly where the lot is this took place in.This is nothing new for the St.George cops. And as for you're comment on jurisdiction you would really need to know the area.The St.Louis County cops DO NOT like the ST. George cops and refer to them as neighborhood rent a cops so they wouldn't like them being on their turf unless it was absolutely necessary.

Ha ha.. that sounds like that movie Super troopers. St. George and the surrounding area must be tough place to live.

edited some unnecessary words out.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Squatch

Actually it's a nice area..or at least it was when I lived there. The St.George police were originally hired by the citizens of the area or neighborhood council if you will, to do something about the speeding along Reavis Barracks.There's a nice stretch that's fairly straight that was used for racing. As time went it became a permanent thing.Which is why the STl Co. cops don't really like them.Well I can't say that.I'm sure do like them from a standpoint that it does take some strain from them but they still consider them a joke.

I do see your point in what you are saying and while it does seem easier to just play nice with the cops and just do what they want in the long run it only creates problems.They start to get use to people bowing down to them and expect it from every person they come in contact with.If you have people like me,or this kid in the video,and many people not just on this thread but around the states letting them know that hey you may be the cops but you work for us and we have rights and we expect you to uphold those rights not try to take them away from us or ignore them then eventually we may be able to keep them in check..I think that's wishful thinking but it never hurts to hope.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I was speaking about the kid of the video. I shouldn't have said you I guess. My fault... I'm Human made a mistake. I did however mean to say you as in if you where in this kids shoes.

No worries just wanted to make sure you didn't think it was me.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Squatch

Actually it's a nice area..or at least it was when I lived there. The St.George police were originally hired by the citizens of the area or neighborhood council if you will, to do something about the speeding along Reavis Barracks.There's a nice stretch that's fairly straight that was used for racing. As time went it became a permanent thing.Which is why the STl Co. cops don't really like them.Well I can't say that.I'm sure do like them from a standpoint that it does take some strain from them but they still consider them a joke.

I do see your point in what you are saying and while it does seem easier to just play nice with the cops and just do what they want in the long run it only creates problems.They start to get use to people bowing down to them and expect it from every person they come in contact with.If you have people like me,or this kid in the video,and many people not just on this thread but around the states letting them know that hey you may be the cops but you work for us and we have rights and we expect you to uphold those rights not try to take them away from us or ignore them then eventually we may be able to keep them in check..I think that's wishful thinking but it never hurts to hope.

I personally believe that law enforcement and our government use the 9/ll post drama to justify allot of corruption. In my town they stress the 9/11 model and go by it as does allot of the world. The police in my city are totally opposite when it comes to the jurisdiction compared to St. George... they all work together here. Some of the police even work in the other departments part time.

You see what I am saying though about escalating a confrontation which you really don't want to be involved in when it comes to arguing with the cops. It just doesn't make sense to me to argue with them. When all I want to do is just go home a forget that it all happened.

edited spelling....

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join