It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught on tape threatening to destroy and invent evidence

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

Originally posted by Squatch

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux

There are good cops and bad cops as we all know. Like, I said I was disappointed with the way the cop treated you. He shouldn't have used profane words. The problem is mainly he stereotyped you with the way the youth of today is portrayed or being a young man type "So you know everything" stereotype. I hate it when people stereotype and that's what this cop did to you from what it seems. He could have acted more professionally I do agree.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Squatch]

Are you talking to me? I wasn't the guy in the video I just happen to know the area and the reputation of the cops there from living there for several years.

I was speaking about the kid of the video. I shouldn't have said you I guess. My fault... I'm Human made a mistake. I did however mean to say you as in if you where in this kids shoes.

No worries just wanted to make sure you didn't think it was me.

LOL! I am glad we cleared this up... would have been a bad mess. haha... I'm sorry my mind was one tracked on the whole arguing with the police thing. Kinda funny know that I think of it.

*/me Slaps his head*

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
People have been brainwashed for ages to bow down to cops and call them SIR and lower your eyes and shuffle and stutter like some poor slave about to be auctioned off..sick. Really sick. Stand toe to toe with the foul scum and look them in the eye and tell them in a firm voice" Officer, if you violate ANY of my rights I guarantee I will see you in a Federal Courthouse charged with civil rights violations. Now leave me alone or charge me, I have nothing further to say". Then shut up and watch the filthy dogs twist and sqyuirm and lie and threaten and cajole; just remain silent, ready to go to jail at any time.

Shades of Hunter S. Thompson... superlative.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExquisitExamplE

Originally posted by eyewitness86
People have been brainwashed for ages to bow down to cops and call them SIR and lower your eyes and shuffle and stutter like some poor slave about to be auctioned off..sick. Really sick. Stand toe to toe with the foul scum and look them in the eye and tell them in a firm voice" Officer, if you violate ANY of my rights I guarantee I will see you in a Federal Courthouse charged with civil rights violations. Now leave me alone or charge me, I have nothing further to say". Then shut up and watch the filthy dogs twist and sqyuirm and lie and threaten and cajole; just remain silent, ready to go to jail at any time.

Shades of Hunter S. Thompson... superlative.

I think I might be brainwashed... or apart of the system of everyday life. Just my experience though... every time I argued with a cop it never ended up good and the last couple times I cooperated an it ended up allot better. I am not a activist or seeking to uncover the corruption I really don't want to be bothered with any of it. All go for the people that stand up to the system. Good luck to you.

edited...
spelling...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   

At the beginning of your video the cop was polite. You sorta testing his authority when you asked him "What did I do wrong" with the commanding voice. Basically when a cop pulls you over. Do not question the cop, keep your hands on the wheel, always wear your seat belt($75 dollar ticker). Always and only say "Yes/no sir/mam". Never ever shoulder check or raise your tone of voice with an officer. Keep calm no matter how pissed you are at the officer. The police officer has reasons that he doesn't have to tell you.

you must be kidding! That's the very definition of sheeple.

How is it testing authority, to demand your rights, and know what you are being harassed for? Since when has standing up for your rights, and having a spine considered a bad thing? Who the hell cares about politeness when you are being threatened with unjust charges?

I get really disturbed when I see responses like this, people sticking up for the corrupt methods of police. "Oh, just close your eyes and it will be over before you know it..."

Come on!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

At the beginning of your video the cop was polite. You sorta testing his authority when you asked him "What did I do wrong" with the commanding voice. Basically when a cop pulls you over. Do not question the cop, keep your hands on the wheel, always wear your seat belt($75 dollar ticker). Always and only say "Yes/no sir/mam". Never ever shoulder check or raise your tone of voice with an officer. Keep calm no matter how pissed you are at the officer. The police officer has reasons that he doesn't have to tell you.

you must be kidding! That's the very definition of sheeple.

How is it testing authority, to demand your rights, and know what you are being harassed for? Since when has standing up for your rights, and having a spine considered a bad thing? Who the hell cares about politeness when you are being threatened with unjust charges?

I get really disturbed when I see responses like this, people sticking up for the corrupt methods of police. "Oh, just close your eyes and it will be over before you know it..."

Come on!

Well for me anyway in the sake of arguing with a cop. Do I want to go home and sleep in my warm bed or sleep in a cold jail cell on a hard bench? I would rather take the earful of crap and go home and sleep. That's just me... like I said more power to the people and I hope they succeed with there attempts of battling it out with the "Badge" guy. Good luck... this day and age is scary.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
After watching the second video I still do not see anything this kid is doing wrong.

Oh I agree, I'm not saying he's doing anything that warrants the attitude he himself is copping, but just that I get the impression that it's exactly what he's looking for.

But sure, for all I know problems with the law may be endemic in his area and this is his way of showing it.

I know that in Australia where we have no such rights under our constitution, if a police officer questioned me about my activities at 2am in an area known for criminal activity, and I refused to answer questions in regards to my intentions, I'd get a lot more than I'd bargain for...

I can't stand having to deal with police, so it's something I'd be sure not to do..

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I was wondering how long it would be before someone came by to defend the actions of this officer who is CLEARLY in the wrong. Listen to what is being said very carefully. In the middle, when the cop calms down he ask a question then tells his "suspect" not to agree with him just to agree with him. If he disagrees it is ok. Near the end, the "suspect" disagrees with him and he right away threatens to take him to jail.

As for the comment that he is in a dark PUBLIC parking lot and the cop has a right to see what he is doing, yes that is true to an extent but NOT this cop. He is outside of his jurisdiction unless he is witnessing a felony. So anyone can make an argument that he was a "suspicious vehicle" but if you are out of your jurisdiction you have to report it to someone else, not go and investigate it yourself.

"He has had issues with cops before" - Are you kidding me? From what I could hear it sounded like an off duty cop assaulted him. A Grand Jury threw out whatever he was charged with, and the city settled before he sued them. If anything that is an admission of guilt from the City, so how you can try to turn that situation around as a negative towards the "suspect" is completely ridiculous.

People who continue to make excuses for the police who violate the law and act like bullies are the reason why these cases are becoming the norm and not the exception. Just listen to this cop trying to instigate the situation even when the "suspect" says NOTHING. "Come on BOY, dont you have something to say BOY, back talk me again BOY" when in fact I didnt see any "back talk" what I saw was someone who was questioning this officer and asking to know what he did wrong. That is HIS RIGHT to do so, what that is NOT is "giving him an attitude" which by the way is NOT against the law either!

This cop BLATANTLY LIES through out this whole tape. "Swerving" "not using a trun signal" all these things are proven FALSE by watching the video. Yet you still defend the actions of this officer?? What is wrong with you people?? Are you so blind that you can not see that what this person is dealing with can EASILY be YOU next time.

[edit on 10/9/2007 by section8citizen]

Amen to that!

Sheeple will always defend any and all authority figures, no matter how wrong those authority figures might be! Either out of fear, or because they've been brainwashed, and indoctrinated into compliance, no matter what.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

After watching the second video I still do not see anything this kid is doing wrong.

Oh I agree, I'm not saying he's doing anything that warrants the attitude he himself is copping, but just that I get the impression that it's exactly what he's looking for.

But sure, for all I know problems with the law may be endemic in his area and this is his way of showing it.

I know that in Australia where we have no such rights under our constitution, if a police officer questioned me about my activities at 2am in an area known for criminal activity, and I refused to answer questions in regards to my intentions, I'd get a lot more than I'd bargain for...

I can't stand having to deal with police, so it's something I'd be sure not to do..

I wish the United States constitution was taken more seriously. This is exactly what I am saying though... I wouldn't want to get more than I bargained for either...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Sheeple or no Sheeple it's like Postive and Negative. Lets just face it that's the way it is in the USA... probably other places... you stand up for yourself you get shot down by authority... you become brainwashed into obeying into fearing horrible and sometimes realistic consequences. What can we do? How can we do it? With society and how many people there are in the world things are only going to get worse. Yeah, it would make sense that there would be less corruption in a less populated world.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
In the beginning of that tape the officer is trying to goad him into taking a swing at him so he has an excuse to take him down. The officer most likely has a camera on in his car, but is not recording any sound, so in a court it would appear on his tape as though the person unlawfully swung at him. The officer really does not have the right to badger the person and try to provoke such an attack, but some will do it. I had one try that with me because I bumped the saddlebag on his motorcycle with my car door accidentally. It’s a very unfair situation, and its very hard to restrain yourself when you are being verbally abused by an officer for no good reason. Believe me they will get loud, vulgar, and right up in your face when they do it too, cause they want you to make a move. There needs to be some serious changes in these laws, because a lot of cops have taken this approach to verbally abusing folks to make them resist. It’s a bully tactic, which is used by bullies so they can justify beating the snot out of you physically.

If anyone has read posts I have made about other police abuses, I am sure you recall my mentioning “fishing laws”, these are BS laws that the cops can use to arrest you for no reason. You can specifically hear the cop mention “tools of burglary”, which is a “fishing law”, they use it when they want to charge someone with “POTP” (Peeving off the Police). Laws such as this have no reason to be on the books, and are intentionally used by officers to make bogus arrests. I don’t see how its illegal for me to carry any amount of any type of tool in my car that I wish to carry.

Another massively abused law is “Failure to follow a lawful verbal command”, which that officer also mentions. This is the worst law, because anything they want to tell you to do they can justify as a “lawful command”, and personally I don’t feel that I am obliged to do absolutely everything that someone else tells me to do. Both of these laws are sure-fire violations of the rights of every American citizen, and while they do afford some extra protection to the police officers, they go to far and abuse them. Officers choose to work in a dangerous field, and it’s not fair to citizens to remove their lawful rights strictly for that reason. Unfortunately, many of the worst laws on the books have been placed there to ensure that you have no rights, no recourse, and the officer has the upper hand. Of course, politicians who are ex-lawyers enact these laws, to generate higher arrest numbers, thereby not only justifying more police budgeting, but also more work for their fellow lawyers.

Now the person in the video is also not 100% as innocent as he seems, the police do have the right to question a suspicious person or vehicle. If he would have simply told the officer he was waiting to pick someone up, I doubt the argument would have ever gone as far as it did. The fact that he is riding around with a police scanner in his car, tells me he is looking to cause trouble.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Personally I could care less if this guy does this often. To me he is providing a public service just like this cop was suppose to be providing a public service. This guy succeeded and the cop failed and we are paying the cop.

I think all cops should be forced to wear cameras and microphones at all times. They are small enough now to where they wouldn't hinder them in performing their job function and it would keep them from pulling crap like this. They spend money on everything else. Why not wire them up if they can't be civil?

I would like to know how is video was sent via secure link to a storage space. It seems to me you would need a high speed wireless upload link to do this. Being a painter must be a good gig?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I would like to know how is video was sent via secure link to a storage space. It seems to me you would need a high speed wireless upload link to do this. Being a painter must be a good gig?

although it's possible, im guessing that part was pure b.s.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yeah, if he had not told them that, he would have been arrested, his car impounded, and the tape would have conveniently ended up erased. Most of the cops I know are not the most tech-savvy people on the planet and if he had reached in to remove the tape and it was being uploaded, it would have looked even more incriminating.

I have sort of mixed feeling on what this guy is doing, its true that there needs to be some policing of the police, but I am not sure if he is going about it in the right way or not. Eventually he is going to end up in a lot of trouble as he gets bolder. Like I said the law is not in his favor in much of what he is doing, and the only reason the cop backed down is because he realized how bad he had lost it in the beginning. If the cop had been a cooler customer and kept his temper and mouth in check he might very well have been able to charge him with something and made it stick. Not that I agree with it, but those are the facts of the matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Most cops today are probably unaware that uploading a video to a secure location is most likely B.S. As the generation of cops becomes more tech savvy they will know this. Then again technology in the future will probably allow this kind of thing to be broadcast live. If this cop did know it was B.S. do you think he would have ripped it all out? I think he would have and that is a scary thought no matter what this "perps" motives were.

In a post here someone mentioned that small town forces have their own swat teams. I still say if they have money for teams like this they could invest in X/10 like cameras and force the cops to wear them. I think they should do this based on the number of complaints a department gets. I see nothing wrong with a request like this. It would keep the cops honest.

In the mean time I suspect we will see more of this as the younger generation gets more tech savvy and the technology becomes cheaper and cheaper. I think this is the equalizer to the small NWO wanna'be communities around the U.S.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

You sorta testing his authority when you asked him "What did I do wrong" with the commanding voice. Basically when a cop pulls you over. Do not question the cop, keep your hands on the wheel, always wear your seat belt($75 dollar ticker). Always and only say "Yes/no sir/mam". Never ever shoulder check or raise your tone of voice with an officer. Keep calm no matter how pissed you are at the officer. The police officer has reasons that he doesn't have to tell you. The parking lot like the cop said has criminal activity in it.

A person has standing (the right) to contest the stop of his car and the search of his person or car. That means you can ask what you did wrong, and they have to tell you the "specific" reason. "That" is the law. It really surprises me to see so many people in this country that don't know the law or at the very least their rights.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
If the cop had been a cooler customer and kept his temper and mouth in check he might very well have been able to charge him with something and made it stick. Not that I agree with it, but those are the facts of the matter.

like what? Did he break the law somehow? The police had the right to ask for ID, license and run a check. After that, nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xHADEEZx
Also i have my conceal carry and 4 months ago i was pulled over and i told the officer i have my conceal carry so he called for back up. and it was an hour long process of asking me why i have my conceal carry. why do i need a gun and whole lot of BS. i cant even begin to talk about this im gonna go crazy thinkin of it.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I too conceal carry with a permit. Next time, just tell him you like to exercise your rights. That should shut him up. I know it's tempting to say something like,"because the streets aren't safe. I mean, look at you. Why do you carry?" However, that will only rub them the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Whether he needs to be there or not is not up for debate here. What IS up for debate here is the freedom that you, I, and every other United States citizen has to go where they want, so long as it's on public property. That park and ride is 24 hours, so there's NO REASON why this young man shouldn't have been allowed to sit there all night if he wanted to. Isn't that true?
TheBorg

Absolutely correct. He had broken no laws and was currently breaking no laws. The officer, however, did break the law. He actually started looking for other violations to get him with. Quote from law books:"...In justifying the particular intrusion, the police officer must be able to point to specific and articulable facts." It's in black and white.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Edit to add: but if you're white, you've nothing to worry. The pigs here are still stuck in their colonial mindset, they'll worship the ground you walk on.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

Well, guess it's time to pack my bags for Malaysia.

I wasn't aware there was still a "white man's paradise".

They must have forgotten it in my "White's Weekly" newsletter.

hehehe

Jasn

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i tend to sympathize w/ cops-- they have to deal with people who never admit or understand what they are doing wrong.

but this video can make you irate.
the driver was not kissing the cop's butt, but not being a smart ass, either. "suspicious vehicle? in a commuter lot?", he asked. how COULD you pose that question without it sounding like your second guessing the cop's judgement?

we dont live in a fascist state-- that policeman needs a vacation to think about whether he's cut out for his job. if he handles THAT situation in the mnner he did, imagine what would happen where someone is armed or threatening violence. that cop would not be capable in such a situation.

id like to see the District of Columbia police video taped like this without their knowing it. oh, the stories that can be told.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join