It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Help me with Credit Cards, Debit Cards???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hey guys

I was wondering is there a credit card out there, that you can receive an pay off after a 9 month period or longer like if you were to go through college or anything of the sort without having any previous credit?

thanks for any input about anything
--rags

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
you can pay off your credit car whenever you want....i don't know exactly what you are asking....

sounds like you are just asking for a credit card......be warned though, most people don't get their cards paid of in 9. in fact once most get into credit cards, they have a hard time getting out of them...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

while it does sound like you are looking to begin the downward spiral of debt, there are some stores that offer cards that have no interest for a period of time. If you are looking for a specific item, check the various stores that sell said item and see if they have credit card offers.

That said, it is a terrible thing to do, getting a card with the intention of not paying for a period of time. Reason being, when the time comes to start paying, if you don't have the money, the interest rates these weasels charge could put you in a hole that gets deeper by the month.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Whatever you decide on, whether it be a card, bank loan, or finance company....

READ THE FINE PRINT

Then read it again and crunch the numbers yourself before you sign anything.
You may get away with small payments, like just interest, but a missed payment may bump your interest rate through the roof.

There's plenty of sharks out there that want to feed on you, don't let them.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
hey thanks for the help so far
here was one card i was looking at

see I dont think I wanna get a loan

but most college loans are paid off during or after your college career you know

so this card seems to have a 12 month something, I dont know what apr is or anything

I dont want to get in debt

I also will be not able to work for 9 months during this training school since it is in a different country, I will be going to a school that offers no scholarships or help, although I have heard of grants, but the school starts on the 30th of September

what is my best bet if I have no credit for a loan????? credit card or what?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
In the long term, look for a Credit Union that you can join and get their Credit Card.

Then MAKE SURE that you put a credit limit on it that you CAN NOT go over... Just as a safety valve...

Credit unions usually offer a card at around 5 to 9 % some may be as high as 10...

However, they almost never increase the percentage in the case of slow pay or if you encounter difficulty along the way. In other words they will work with you...

My Grand Pa always said... "Don't get it if you can't pay for it"

That is and remains great advice...

I have several, but years ago I also found myself in a credit card "PIT" that took me YEARS to dig my way out of, and only then because I had a great financial adviser...

Your actual best bet for plastic, is the debit card with maybe a few hundred in overdraft protection...

Just my .02

Semper

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
APR,

Stands for Annual Percentage Rate..

As far as student loans go, again I would look at a credit union...

There are any number of financial institutions out there that can help you even at this late date...

Semper

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just a link to an interesting story....................

Majoring in credit-card debt......

Over the next month, as 17 million college students flood the nation's campuses, they will be greeted by swarms of credit-card marketers. Frisbees, T-shirts, and even iPods will be used as enticements to sign up, and marketing on the Web will reinforce the message. Many kids will go for it. Some 75% of college students have credit cards now, up from 67% in 1998. Just a generation earlier, a credit card on campus was a great rarity.

For many of the students now, the cards they get will simply be an easier way to pay for groceries or books, with no long-term negative consequences. But for Seth Woodworth and a growing number like him, easy access to credit will lead to spending beyond their means and debts that will compromise their futures.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Think before you act....

top topics

join