It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

inurl:/view/index.shtml

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Then This Happened:

"We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google"

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Leroy

This is a message that people get from time to time by using a variety of Google's services.
In this case what happens is that Google thinks you are an automated user (ie a malicious bot) and they send this error message in hopes of stopping the bot.

Here is a bit more info
www.theinquirer.net...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Anyone know what this crazy traffic cam setup is used for? It is a live stream and has some motion detection software integrated into it or something. At first, I was thinking it had maybe something to do with red light ticketing cams, but it's not aimed at license plates. Anyone know?

trafficcams.cet.unomaha.edu...

[edit on 2007/9/10 by evilod]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
How to view live webcams

and it contains a nice film from our friends a fox tv

The following Fox News footage discusses how to hack into security cameras.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shots

Do you have the latest copy of the Java Runtimes running? That might help.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Can we pick a specific location? I would love to check out local places.

From the Advanced options, you can set various filters, perhaps setting to search in a specific language may be an option?

I was sure there used to be a country filter, but I cannot see it there now.

Good post OP - nice cams and none of the spam associated with them!!

inurl is a nice google cookie..

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
you gotta love the invasion of privacy here in the US

What does invasion of privacy have to do with anything here ?

And why single out the US in this world wide forum ?

I guess the "here in" part explains it all, really...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EBE 17
I'm skeptical on this. Can someone give me some more information? Like legality? And what it exactly is, who runs it, or holds the information or whatever, etc. etc.?

There is nothing to be skeptical about here.

Okay, it's simple.

When you enter a search query in Google, it compares your query with information in it's database so that it can return you valid results pertaining to your interest.

You can filter the results returned by specifying certain keywords and tokens, such as putting quotes around a phrase so that only websites that contain that exact phrase are returned.

For example, searching for Red Apples will return you thousands of sites containing both the word RED and APPLES, but many will not have anything to do with Red Apples.

"I drove my RED car to the shop. The APPLES were cheap.", for instance.

But if you search for "Red Apples" in quotes, then only sites with the words RED and APPLES together will be returned.

"My those are wonderful RED APPLES you have."

You can also specify boolean operations such as - and + to either rule out or include specific words. For example, searching for +red -apples will search for sites that contain the word RED and ignore those that also contain APPLES.

So, there are many options that can be used to refine your searches that Google have implemented, and inurl is merely one of them.

Inurl simply returns sites that have in their URL (the address you type into your browser, such as www.abovetopsecret.com...) a specific phrase.

In this case, the specific phrase is view/index.shtml, meaning that only websites archived by Google that contain that phrase are returned.

Why that phrase? Because it is common to public, free and legal webcam sites.

Any word or phrase can be used, for example, you can specify inurl:/forum/ and Google will return matches that link directly to internet forums, such as inVision and vBulliton. If you refine it further, you can search for specific forums, for example inurl:/forum/ +conspiracy - would return forums pertaining to conspiracies.

So the short of it is - IT'S JUST HOW THEY WORK.

Not some secret thats been kept hidden and used by terrorists to take over the world. You won't be tracked to your house and abducted by people who've traced you for peeping at their lawns at night. You won't be arrested for invading anyones privacy.

(edited for typos)

[edit on 11/9/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i do that search all the time when im bored and got time to spare. It doesnt allow access to just any camaras, you only get the poop ones or the ones thta allow people to look. Still great though.

Take Care, Vix

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Badwolf is right. Im surprised the OP didnt realize this is just normal google functionality. You can do all sort of things with google. Specially the "index of" is interesting, because it will list the sites where the admins have forgot to turn off folder browsing. You can find all sorts of things.

Anyway, thats not what the thread is about....

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
haha! the first result i got from the search was a cam from my own country, Norway, and one of the northest towns; Hammerfest :

[edit on 11/9/07 by Jericho-X]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
i used to look at these cams all the time....they are not all real time....still fun

two of my favs were an electronics store and a tire/car audio store....i used to control the cameras to see how close up on the regiters and such i could get.....i like controlling cameras on the buildings too. trying to look into windows...

fun stuff.

about that mps search, that is a killer way to search for them....TONS out there

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is creepy, really creepy.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Simply put:

- We know Google indexes LOTS of sites

- When we usually search for these sites, we simply use keywords

- Using Google's 'inurl:/' function we are using parts of a web address to search, instead of keywords

- Thus the site/s Google returns are those containing whatever we searched for in the URL (uniform resource locator, or web address)

- It is my guess that either the url 'view/index.shtml' is a directory automatically created by a widely used video streaming application, OR it is simply a commonly used directory for these purposes

Legality: no idea. It is quite probable that many of the owners of the cameras DO NOT know that it is being streamed over the internet.

I believe that people have even stumbled across bank account numbers in this way. That's DEFINITELY illegal - and if that's possible, then who knows...

-UPDATE-

After taking a further look at the results, this directory structure seems to be set up by an 'AXIS' surveillance camera system. I will investigate this further.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by XHAZX]

flightcam2.pr.erau.edu...

Some airport somewhere. If you change the source you get a view of the runway.

200.117.237.146:1027...

Railway station somewhere...interactive but requires password to move.

heh...cows

72.235.75.93:8082...

Shop in Maui (Hawai??)

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
this is a great post just wasted 30 minutes of my life lol and i traveled to space norway, hawaii,and so on cool post im gonna flag this just cause i want to see so more.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
As a time wasting fun exercise, it sure is.. I bookmarked a lot of places I want to revisit...

Almost as good as hitting ctrl-alt-A in google earth to load up the flight sim, and fly from my house to places all around the world.. haha, now that, I admit, got me hooked for a while..

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Thanks for posting! I've been looking for these.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
As someone already mentioned, couldn't this contribute to some of the illegal activities that occur?

Could you possibly 'zoom' in on an unsuspecting worker when he/she is turning off the security system ( alarm ) with a password. I know when I turn ours off upon arrival, its pretty much in plain sight with no obstructions, so for someone to see the numbers keyed in would not be too difficult.

Just playing Devils advocate. ( also, not telling criminals nothing they already don't know ).

I guess its true what they say.... " your never alone " .

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
i posted this cant believe how well its done and only my second thread i havent found were i can goto any cam i specifically want but i have found a cam in sum1's house

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
this is pretty cool and interesting, but i think its pretty limited..

but none the less, something new for me to fondle with when i am bored out of my mind
Good Find!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join