It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Television Shows The Truth About 9/11 Tomorrow!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
in general, european countries such as germany, france, poland, italy have a more critical outlook on bushs involvement in 9/11. This perspective and talking conspiracy theory is easier to do in Europe because Europe would not be directly involved in a conspiracy.

Good point. Conspiracy theories are often bred out of a psychological need for absolution, vindication and/or justification. It is a fact that European anti-Americanism played its part in 9/11. Most people tend to forget that the 19 hijackers were all educated and radicalized in Europe(in Germany in particular).

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
your reference to nazis is off-topic. do you think "Nazi" everytime you hear the word Germany? As I mentioned in the post above, its most european countries that are airing TV shows on prime time like this. This has nothing to do with nazi-ism whatsoever.

Quite the contrary it is at the very heart of the matter. As the early Nazi's used antisemitism as a tool to further their political ambitions. I find that men like Andreas von Bulow are using anti Americanism in the exact same manner.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by danwild6

well alright. anti-americanism. yes. agreed. using 9/11 conspiracy-theories to push their own agendas.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Is he going to reveal the truth about how the Jews stabbed Germany in the back too? Its basically the same crap just retold. Honestly you people need to open your eyes. You can't even tell when someone is selling you a load of horse crap for the truth.

Germany has in it's history, a parallel to some of the current theories regarding 9/11. However it is not what you are referring to, but the Reichstag fire.

The day after the fire, Hitler asked for and received from President Hindenburg the Reichstag Fire Decree, signed into law by Hindenburg using Article 48 of the Weimar Constitution. The Reichstag Fire Decree suspended most civil liberties in Germany. As a consequence of the Reichstag Fire Decree, the Communist Party of Germany was banned on March 1, 1933 under the grounds that they were preparing a putsch. In the March 5, 1933 Reichstag elections, the Nazis increased their share of the vote to 44 percent, which gave the Nazis and their allies - the German National People's Party won 8% of the vote - a majority of 52% in the Reichstag. The Nazis emerged as winners, but they had fallen short of their goal, which was 50%–55% of the vote. This would make it more difficult to obtain the two-thirds majority needed to pass the Enabling Act. Nevertheless, the Nazis were able to capitalize on national security concerns and obtain the additional support needed, thus granting Chancellor Hitler the right to rule by decree. The vote took place on March 23, 1933, and only the Social Democrats opposed the measure, which came into effect on March 27. Had the Communist Party participated, its representatives would have contributed 17% of the Reichstag votes. Instead, their representatives were under arrest for their suspect role in the Reichstag Fire.

I would say that it has much more relevance to 9/11 than the demonisation of the Jews by the Nazis. After all, as George Santayana said, "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it,".

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Our local pbs station is showing a special tomorrow night titled "Why the Towers Fell & Building on Ground Zero"

I'll be curious to see what they have to say.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There are a lot of ways that 1931+ Nazi Germany resembles 2007 USA. The Reichstag Fire is one of my favorite points and I find a lot of similarities to this event and it's aftermath as compared to the USA post 9/11.

It is interesting to note that the "Reichstag Fire Decree" is actually known as "The Enabling Act" because by stripping away the civil liberties of the public it "enabled" the government to protect the citizens from the Poles who hated Germany's "way of life" and planned to attack and invade.

Now we have "The Patriot Act" which although strips away some of our constitutional rights, is designed to protect the citizens from the Terrorist who hate us for our way of life and want to kill us.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Back to topic- I had no idea 9/11 would even be considered an issue in that part of the world and it is great to see that someone can do a legit unbiased TV show about the issue. Honestly I do not think any network or cable show in the USA would dare broadcast a show that did not agree with the official story. And we are supposed to be free

OP-
Great find and thank you for the translation. Any more info you can get after it is broadcasted would be greatly appreciated. I am particularly interested in how it is received and if it is really an unbiased look at 9/11.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by section8citizen
There are a lot of ways that 1931+ Nazi Germany resembles 2007 USA. The Reichstag Fire is one of my favorite points and I find a lot of similarities to this event and it's aftermath as compared to the USA post 9/11.

I honestly find statements like that rather ludicrous. Looking through history you will find similar reaction to just about every major tragic event. A prime example in American history would be the internment of Japanese Americans after the attack on Pearl Harbor.

It is interesting to note that the "Reichstag Fire Decree" is actually known as "The Enabling Act" because by stripping away the civil liberties of the public it "enabled" the government to protect the citizens from the Poles who hated Germany's "way of life" and planned to attack and invade.

I haven't seen anything like the night of broken glass or government targeted discrimination against a particular group of people.

Now we have "The Patriot Act" which although strips away some of our constitutional rights, is designed to protect the citizens from the Terrorist who hate us for our way of life and want to kill us.

The Patriot Act was an unnecessary and useless response to 9/11. The American people wouldn't and haven't tolerated its implementation. It has been eviscerated by court rulings and congressional action.

Back to topic- I had no idea 9/11 would even be considered an issue in that part of the world and it is great to see that someone can do a legit unbiased TV show about the issue. Honestly I do not think any network or cable show in the USA would dare broadcast a show that did not agree with the official story. And we are supposed to be free

Are you serious!!!!!???!!!! in the past week alone I have seen documentaries on the History Channel, Discovery Times, TLC all challenging the "official" -by that I mean the rational fact based- version of the attack.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't want to get into the German thing, which to me is totally off-topic, but I'm glad to see these shows appearing on our televisions around the world now. Just a few months ago, TV3 here in New Zealand screened "911 In Plane Site". It was a controversial programming choice, but it got a lot of people watching it, and a lot of people talking about it. People are starting to wake up. Check out this clip of Mos Def on the Bill Maher Show: www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
...People are starting to wake up.

Interesting, I was just thinking the same thing.

My youngest daughter, the middle school brainiac of the family has been given the task of researching "Conspiracy Theories on 9-11" by the school librarian. Apparantly she is helping set up a list of reference sites for the students to use for a debate.

I live in Houston, Texas, folks. I never thought I would see the day.

I hope I'm not being overly optimistic.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by danwild6

Erm sorry but your are right and wrong at the same time, no the Government is not breaking windows, they are breaking into your privacy (NSA domestic wire taps), they are singling out a group (AL-Qeada or the catch all Terrorist) You and I STILL have to take off our shoes at an airport. These are just a few examples of how much 2007 USA and 1930 Germany ARE the same. I'm sure others here in the USA could give more examples.

we now have "free speech Zones" for protesting, that to me is the worst abomination, and makes "free speech" an oxymoron

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Conspiracy theories are often bred out of a psychological need for absolution, vindication and/or justification.

the same could be said for those who choose to blindly accept official theories presented to them, based on a false sense of authority.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
the same could be said for those who choose to blindly accept official theories presented to them, based on a false sense of authority.

Ah no it really can't.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
Erm sorry but your are right and wrong at the same time, no the Government is not breaking windows, they are breaking into your privacy (NSA domestic wire taps), they are singling out a group (AL-Qeada or the catch all Terrorist) You and I STILL have to take off our shoes at an airport. These are just a few examples of how much 2007 USA and 1930 Germany ARE the same. I'm sure others here in the USA could give more examples.

Those "domestic" wire taps all involved transmissions that either originated from or were sent to persons outside of the United States. And as far as singling out Al Qaeda its honestly not like they don't deserve it.

Originally posted by thedigirati
we now have "free speech Zones" for protesting, that to me is the worst abomination, and makes "free speech" an oxymoron free speech Zones

Free speech zones date back to the 60's and 70's my friend. They are a temporary measures to insure the safety of the President or any other official that may be attending a debate, conference or function. Its not like the zone is permanent.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I saw the documentary on the German tv some minutes ago.

It was the first time I heard a European channel speak of the 9/11 conspiracies. The ZDF channel is a public tv (owned by the German state).

The documentary was well done. The conspiracies were well documented as well as.... the truth.

And I must say that now I am convinced that there were no involvement of the us in this tragedy.

And that is also the final result of this documentary. The secrecy the us government put around this event is at the origin of the conspiracies. The secrecy is intended to mask the total failure of the system to cope with such an event and at an other level to mask the fact that the fire standards were not respected in the towers an that led to the destruction of the buildings.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
The documentary was well done. The conspiracies were well documented as well as.... the truth.

Well said
! I saw it, too, and I guess there is no need to translate the script for the conspiracy fans - they wouldn't like it anyway
!

Regards
yf

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EBE154

Originally posted by DutchFree
PS: Pff listening to the Military Report on CNN, sounds a bit to positive imo :

yes it's ridiculous... petraeus is lying his *** off...

No, what's ridiculous is that any pissant internet jocky who has never been to Iraq can call an honorable, brave man with a spotless career, a liar.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join