It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien signal or voice caught on Nasa tape from Saturn!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nightsider2007

To nightsider2007, who said that aliens had to speak vocally? Perhaps aliens can emit electromagnetic pulses from their brains as a method of communications? You do realize the brain functions fully as chemicals and a bunch of firing electric neuron cells, right?

Also, don't say you're the expert.. especially when you're not using literary skills to use on the internet. So "skilled" about communication, huh?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsunamiLight
To nightsider2007, who said that aliens had to speak vocally? Perhaps aliens can emit electromagnetic pulses from their brains as a method of communications? You do realize the brain functions fully as chemicals and a bunch of firing electric neuron cells, right?

Also, don't say you're the expert.. especially when you're not using literary skills to use on the internet. So "skilled" about communication, huh?

i didn't quite get the part about the literary skills, but English is not my native language, if that was what you were implying...

you made a good point in your post, but if that is the fact then understanding alien language is that more difficult...
because if they use these hypothetical electromagnetic pulses, as you think, then we would not be able to understand them anyway, because we do not have the same neurological configuration. we do not receive speech in that way.

and so, we can not interpret an alien language, based on the "electromagnetical pulses" that we can pick up with our technology, because we lack the so called "decoder" for this kind of speech. that would only work if our brains could "translate" the pulses, which they can not. we can only interpret sound, which is a physical process, molecules and particles in the air which hit the membranes in our ears...

we can not undestand this type of language if it has to be run through a machine. well, maybe we can, but it would take a very long time for the decoding process, and it would make any kind of communication nearly impossible...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider2007
we can not undestand this type of language if it has to be run through a machine. well, maybe we can, but it would take a very long time for the decoding process, and it would make any kind of communication nearly impossible...

Wrong. Ever heard of pick-ups on an electric guitar? The pick-ups are electronic, thus can receive electromagnetic pulses. Take a TV Remote and point it at the pick-ups of the electric guitar. Then push any random button. You'll hear pulses from your amplifier.

So what? Just have the alien put a guitar to his head.

[edit on 9/10/07 by TsunamiLight]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but maybe I missed something in the original post...why are you saying this is an alien signal? What characteristics of this signal exludes it from being natural?

Space is full of all kinds of electromagnetic and cosmic radiation that can be picked up as noises. I remember there were cosmic radiation noises that were recorded from the clouds of Jupiter some years back. Why is this particular one so special and noteworthy?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsunamiLight
Wrong. Ever heard of pick-ups on an electric guitar? The pick-ups are electronic, thus can receive electromagnetic pulses. Take a TV Remote and point it at the pick-ups of the electric guitar. Then push any random button. You'll hear pulses from your amplifier.

So what? Just have the alien put a guitar to his head.

[edit on 9/10/07 by TsunamiLight]

i know all about pick ups, i have a stratocaster and an epiphone gothic LP with dual humbuckers, so there

but it doesnt work that way.

how do you expect to talk to somebody if whatever he says has to go through a set of amplifiers or converters just in order to make his speech audible? not much of a conversation there....

so, if they communicate by telepathy, its complicated, because we do not have that skill. if they communicate by electromagnetism, its impossible, because our brains are not wired in a way to receive messages like that...

only if the aliens communicate by sound or a form of visual communication will our conversations have any sense.

any other form, such as mathematics or music, or what i said before, will take way too much time and effort..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let's all take a deep breath and calm down a little. Im glad we are having this debate.

Let's all just take a step back and have another look at what we have here dont concentrate on the title ect.

Concentrate on what you personaly think we are dealing with here and discuss and come to a conclusion if possible.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Like nightsider I have a degree in linguistics. Fundamentally, if these entities are intelligent, they think. Communicating requires codification (concretization) of thought and these codes need symbols, which are limited in number but can be combined in an infinite number of ways.

I have no problem with the idea of ET societies using language, visual, audible, or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
How a spacealien from a different world may sound would be a non-repeating pattern. Only bits of the sound would repeat perhaps signifing different words being used again. Other than that, the sound here to me sound mechanical and repeats so to me it is a sonification of some electromagnetic pattern from the Planet.

Another way of saying that variety happens is through insects. A bee sees in the ultraviolet and not the same as we see. A spider's web is always to me kind of whitish-greyish color looking the same, but to insects a spider's web (somewhere it was on the Internet) looks multi-faceted colored. The insects sight is different than humans. May be the same way with other intelligent life. We would not know, unless we could decide where their sight and hearing (if that is used even) would operate. Then the equipment could be used to change the data for human's standard of what we see and hear.

And of course, the spacecraft of Cassini would also be limited in what it can pick up, so all the waves of electromagnetic waveforms picked up would also be limited in scope in the first place. A person has to look at an electromagnetic spectrum graph in the first place. At the high end are the gamma rays, then x-rays, on down to ultra-violet rays on down to high frequency waves to light ( about in the middle) on down, and lower and longer waves until you get to radio waves and on down to very low frequency waves produced by earthquakes and of that nature. At some frequencies like microwaves, it can fry you in the flesh, and in the power of the ultra-low frequency like 6 -7 Hz, it can vibrate a human apart if powerful enough like the surround-sound movies trying to use those upper-ultra-low frequency to make earthquake movies at one time. A piano goes down to 16 Hz at the low note of a 88-key piano, so those waves used in the movies (which could not be heard because they were below what humans can hear) I think were about 12 Hz, because if they went lower, you would have been killed by watching the movie. Same way at the high end like microwaves, it would just fry you and cook you. I doubt if you want your hand in a microwave oven. I would not try it, your hand would be cooked.

The sounds on the recordings sound mechanical to me, and not any intelligent life.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I find the sound very interesting. I have tried many filters and changes to pitch, length, reverse etc. All very interesting, especially played backward.

IF NASA found/recorded this etc etc, and it was possibly an "alien" transmission of some kind, why would they go through the effort of changing it or manipulating it so we can't actually hear it - why didn't they just "hide" it like they usually do. Lot less effort IMHO.

Nope, i don't think it is anything to be seriously taken by and is just nice listening

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
SETI is laughing at all of you right now.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

SETI is laughing at all of you right now.

Thanks for the post IgnoreTheFacts. One of the reasons they don't like one line posts is that the poster has failed to explain himself or what his issue is. This is evident in the several of you last one liners. For instance who specifically is SETI laughing at and who at SETI is doing the laughing? Is it the receiver? Or the guys sitting in there? I would respectfully suggest that you spend a little more time with your posts so that those of us who want to respond have a little bit more to work with.

Thanks for the post anyway, one liner that it was.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Please keep on topic any personal gripe's can be handled with the good old method of U2U thank you very much.

Also Mr Lear thank you for making a post even tho it contained nothing at all to do with the thread.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 11-9-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I took this sound into soundforge and played with the pitch and made it sound a bit weirder but I need somewhere to upload it?
still wana play with this sound in another program like cool edit.

Swear I can hear a voice at the start.. and my minds thinking of a word.. but Im not gona tell you it could just be my imagination and I dont wana start anything..

Does sound a bit satanic tho.. but then again I did pitch it down not up

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
I took this sound into soundforge and played with the pitch and made it sound a bit weirder but I need somewhere to upload it?

You can use PutFile, but I think you have to create a free account before.

Swear I can hear a voice at the start.. and my minds thinking of a word.. but Im not gona tell you it could just be my imagination and I dont wana start anything..
It's natural that you can ear a voice, you are trying to ear a voice in a sound that has many frequencies.

If this is an alien voice (somehow converted into a radio frequency), then it does not sound like a human voice, so I think that it is pointless to try to find words on that "sound".

Just as an example, below you can see the spectrogram of a human voice saying "Dr. Einstein is responsible for that".

You can compare it with the NASA sound bellow.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hi thanks maybe your right just my mind playing tricks but its still kinda freaky.

You just reminded me I have a putfile account and Ive uploaded the file but I cant get the links working yet. All I can do at the moment is 'save link as' while Im logged in to putfile, and download it to my pc.. pretty useless

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
ug...

does language as WE know it have to be language elsewhere?? or for that matter, sight, physiology, reproduction, blablabla.. or, even SCIENCE and PHYSICS as WE know and understand them, can these things NOT be different ELSEWEHERE??? can there be not be advanced forms or language, communication, extreme abstractly different physics and sciences?? what is earthly and earthbound, does NOT make it UNIVERSAL! if we are unable to detect another form of radio or communication, or to that, have heard things but have no damn clue as to who what how it was made, then what? if we accept that there ARE real alien craft that have and are, for lack of a better term, 'visiting', whatever they 'call' or refer to as, science, physics, mathematics.. must be SO damned advanced, millenina pasted where we are, that it would not make sense. for the most part, 'we' observe all in terms of what earthly science and scientists have come to show and teach us about... science, physics, space, time, and so on.... the point....

all those things are great and work HERE...on earth....

do all these formula's...our formula;s , do all the science and math, all the space/time physical sciences, all by earthlings, have to be what another civilization would use??? are you following me? one cannot respond or reply to a question or signal, if one does not understand the question and cannot decipher or figure out 'a signal'... it is a bit of, upperbrain thinking... but it is quite logical. if some or all are universally used... the better.... but that would bring in greater quetion as to the origin of knowledge and more.... the probability of great differences in science, math, physics and technology i would think are more the possiblilty... look, if we are so beant on the sciences, math, space, time and physics as being or in some part, a universal, interstellar constant, why then, are descriptions of aliens so physically different from us? i put this to you. if they, the aliens, are as physically different as described... then all else must be as well. a lightbulb here, does not mean that there is a lightbulb as we know it, on some other planet... light source... yes.. but nothing like we know it to be. get the point? think OUTSIDE of earth.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarsjm
if we accept that there ARE real alien craft that have and are, for lack of a better term, 'visiting', whatever they 'call' or refer to as, science, physics, mathematics.. must be SO damned advanced, millenina pasted where we are, that it would not make sense.
That is a big enough "IF", and even if we accept that unproven theory, why should the be much more advanced than us?

Were the Portuguese sailors more advanced than the Japanese sailors when we first visited Japan in the XVI century? The only difference was the type of ship we had, that was capable of navigate in all kinds of weather regardless of the direction of the winds, and the idea of creating new trade routes.

We were only more advanced in navigation, that is why we reached them first.

That could be the case with the hypothetic aliens that could visit us.

They can be more advanced in space travel but they can be less advanced in other things.

the probability of great differences in science, math, physics and technology i would think are more the possiblilty...
I don't see why the proportion between the perimeter of a circumference and its radius is not the same in all universe or how the sum of four square angles do not make the equivalent of 360º. Some things can be universal, they may be represented in different ways but they are the same, like an inch is 25.4 mm.

why then, are descriptions of aliens so physically different from us? i put this to you. if they, the aliens, are as physically different as described... then all else must be as well. a lightbulb here, does not mean that there is a lightbulb as we know it, on some other planet... light source... yes.. but nothing like we know it to be. get the point? think OUTSIDE of earth.
The descriptions may be of some things very different from us, but first you must believe that the descriptions are true, then you must accept that the description corresponds to the real object and was not altered by something (the description of an astronaut or a cosmonaut is different from that of an Australian Aborigine, but both are human beings), etc.

I don't see why things must be different, they can be different, the are probably different, but there is nothing that I know that forces them to be different.

And back on topic, yes, that radio transmission could perfectly be an alien communication, but trying to hear words in it I think is going a bit to far.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hi folks,

great debate on this file, this is what I wanted to happen when I first uploaded it to YouTube a couple of months ago. I will try answer a few questions that I have noted in previous posts...

The reason that I originally raised the pitch 12 tones was because I heard the speech patterns in the original file layered behind the 'eerie melody' what Cassini team were raving about. I think they were so busy trying to understand the melodic signal that there ears just did not pick up the embedded speech patterns.

Being a sound engineer and classical music producer, my ears are finely tuned to picking up frequencies and like Bach music, being able to separate out counterpoint harmony in your head, its like listening to an orchestration and separating the trumpets from the timpani. That is how I discovered the voice patterns personally.

It does not have to be exactly 12 tones in pitch to hear it, the voice patterns become clearer even after a few semi-tones and above and beyond 12 tones it is still very recognizable.

I have used over 6 different audio software programs and speech analysis software to check it was not just Cool Edit creating these sounds themselves.

I personally am convinced that NASA had no idea about this otherwise they surely would never have uploaded this to their website.

Thanks for all the discussion and to my friend who posted this here on my behalf. Please continue with the debate as a great deal of interesting points have been made that are drawing a clearer picture of what it is we have on our hands here.

Jost Van Dyke

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well Im not sure if its just my browser it says I have an issue with direct show player. So Im putting my link here to my 'played with' version and if it doesnt work never mind.

media.putfile.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sekhemet
Well Im not sure if its just my browser it says I have an issue with direct show player.
It is your browser.

It did not work with Opera but it worked with IE7 and Firefox.

And it still does not sound like a voice to me, just a weird sound artificially made from a radio wave.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join