It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien signal or voice caught on Nasa tape from Saturn!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, I downloaded it. Right click and Save Target As.............if nothing else, but it only a 126kb wave file which is not very long. There is another link:
cassini.physics.uiowa.edu...

with a 73 second - 717kb wave file from Cassini on day 324, November 22, 2003. Perhaps I will use comparisons since this link provides a wave file of 27 minutes compressed down to 73 seconds to compare the first wave file after some math to equate the compression by stretching the audio signal.

I have some different programs, and usually use Cakewalk and just bought Music Creator 4 for some reason, and this is not an endorsement of the product or advertisement nor is this actually that good of a song:

music.download.com...

Not an endorsement either about any future or anything else.

If you do not hear back from me in a couple of days, you may assume without actually knowing that somehow I seeked to contact the spacealiens with their supposed signal and leave this Planet. However, at this time, I probably will play around with the wave files just to waste some more time, afterall, anyone can listen to that song above and also waste some time also. Let's all be from "I am from 2036" despite this Planet and the happenings of humans on it.

Well, I may be too old for that, but it is all something different. I could scale my synth and really come out with an odd musical scale, afterall after changing the battery, it did that by default and I thought the entire unit went bonkers but it was just the scale tones used for the scale. Something else to think about, if I ever make up anything that resembles anything anyone wanted to really listen to also.

But, with the wave files (now both of them) it will be interesting to hear them anyway. It however may not indicate any intelligent life for you to conclude about being other people on this forum in the end.

Those questions?

[edit on 9/10/2007 by AmoebaSized]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

But ... isn't just as naive to assume that any life form would be required to communicate in a way that is audible to humans? Even other animals on this planet have a greater range of hearing than we do.

Wouldn't it be acceptable to conceive the possibility that life elsewhere would be vastly different? We may not even recognize it as life, it wouldn't need what we do to survive. If you are someone who believes in evolution ... in fact ... you would HAVE to believe that to be so. That means, life could be metallic, life could exist in gas planets, and in the airless space. That is adaptation.

Now, lets get more towards the point. We communicate towards the low end of the frequency. Why not some things communicate at a far higher frequency? Of course, their reception would be adjusted to hearing their form of communication ... which in turn, would make it harder for us to find and communicate with other life.

I am just trying to allow some of you to open your minds past the very simplistic studies we currently have ... which is only based on limited information and limited thinking.

I am not claiming this is alien voices, but, the possibility is there.

This is what ATS is about, discovering new ideas, expressing them, and discussing the possibilities, not just outright denial and debunking. It is fine to disagree, but to CLAIM absolute knowledge of what can and can't be ... when we know so little ... in my opinion, defines ignorance, since, we know we have re-written laws, possibilities, etc. many times in the past, we know our technology is limited, we don't even know much about our own planet, our own bodies (DNA), our own ecosystem and weather patterns, ... I could go on ... but we are suppose to accept that some jokers with degrees in science ... that is based on these limitations and lack of knowledge, know enough to tell us the facts of the universe.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmoebaSized

Well, I may be too old for that, but it is all something different. I could scale my synth and really come out with an odd musical scale, afterall after changing the battery, it did that by default and I thought the entire unit went bonkers but it was just the scale tones used for the scale. Something else to think about, if I ever make up anything that resembles anything anyone wanted to really listen to also.

But, with the wave files (now both of them) it will be interesting to hear them anyway. It however may not indicate any intelligent life for you to conclude about being other people on this forum in the end.

Those questions?

[edit on 9/10/2007 by AmoebaSized]

Our music (Human music) is based on 12 or something like that. Alien music can be based on any number of scales they wish. :p

Maybe we just picked up Alien Elevator Music, ya' know? :]

But I do have to admit, it's very interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yes, my synth did sound strange there for a couple of minutes.

Here are other links and sounds provided, seems to be many sounds there at the science labs.

www-pw.physics.uiowa.edu...

I will have to download some others also and end up with a full symphony perhaps.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
2)Open an audio editor like Cool Edit or Sonar and raise the pitch/frequency of the file by 12 tones with the pitch shifter..
and there it is, speech patterns.
Why 12 tones? That will not recreate the original wave, how did you got the idea of shifting the pitch by 12 tones?

How can anyone explain this anomaly. Certainly NASA have no explanation for it after we presented the file to them for their opinion. SETI also dont know what make of it. What do you think?
I don't think that you can call it an anomaly when we do not know what type of radio emissions Saturn usualy makes.

And I don't think that this even looks like a voice patern, at least like a voice pattern that anyone can recognise as such.

Originally posted by xenya
At about 6 and 9 seconds it appears that an audio pattern is repeated.
Yes, it is repeated, and that is visible in the image posted by NASA, that image is a representation of the emission.

Originally posted by TsunamiLight

[Edit] I didn't realize that it was actually a 27 second long clip.
And did you realise that this is a radio emission that had to had the frequency reduced by 260?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
[edit on 10-9-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is very weired. I tried running this backwards and the sound is freaky. It sounds like an intelligent transmission. Try reversing it!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

You may be interested in this site

www.spacesounds.com

[edit on 10-9-2007 by freeradical]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I thought sound could not be heard in space because space is a vacuum. Is this true or not?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Accoring to this commercial site www.neuroaucustic.com

Although there is no air in space there is vibration, ergo sound. I am trying to find more credible sources of information to corroborate this statement, please don't take it as a factoid.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
People are really desperate now, almost everything they see has an alien in it.

Now how can you say th.......
Holy crap!! Rocksolid! Your avatar........
It has an alien in it!!!
I can see it!!

It's still there!!

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
US Astronauts Reveal Encounters with ET's and UFO's

I found the above link yesterday and learned a few things I didn't know before. Interesting article.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   

[Edit] I didn't realize that it was actually a 27 second long clip.
And did you realise that this is a radio emission that had to had the frequency reduced by 260?

Well, now that I extended the file by 400% and rose the pitch by 50 (Acoustica Mixcraft doesn't go past 50) and, it turned to be bits of squeaks.. kind of like a squirming bug.. which does disturb me to some extent.

Now that I rose the length to to 500% of the original, it sounded like a laser screeching sound? It's indescribable.. It makes me feel.. uncomfortable.

So now I rose the length to to 1,000% of the original, it sounded like.. I don't know.. it's utterly creepy. I was just disturbed.

Would this mean that the radio emission is much higher than we (humans) can hear? Assuming it had to be sped up twice the original speed and the frequency dropped by 260 factors..

Originally posted by freeradical
reply to post by cloakndagger

Although there is no air in space there is vibration, ergo sound.

But I thought space sounds were electromagnetic pulses..? That's why radio signals can go through space without a medium. Vibration is a mechanical wave, thus requires a medium to bounce to. Electromagnetic pulses don't, right? So this could be the electromagnetic signal from anything out there near Saturn..

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
IMHO, it would seem that before we ever get coded beeps from ET's, like what SETI is looking for, we will get audio's that sound like the one posted in this thread first. And like I said, I bet NASA has hundreds of recordings like this one and probably even better. My guess is they will never release the really good ones and the only reason why they are allowing us to hear this one is because the voice sounding parts of this audio are so fuzzy -- yet, we can tell that SOMETHING interesting is there or else they would not have put it on their website for us to hear. It's just a teaser and I think more will be coming as time goes by.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TsunamiLight

Here is a better source for understanding how we hear sound in space:
cse.ssl.berkeley.edu...

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightsider2007
well, alien speech its not, and i can guarantee that, since i have a degree in linguistics and have also studied phonetics.

just because it sounds like all the aliens from the movies does'nt mean its real. it lacks all the patterns that make up a language, and since you have to change its pitch to even hear anything, well....

Those rules apply for Earth Language, and what Pitch Humans hear. But I have to agree, much more likely a natural source.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnionCloud
I played with the sound file a bit in Audacity (sound editing program) and came up with this:

media.putfile.com...

Now, I will say this, I don't necessarily believe this is an alien voice or anything (more specifically at the end of the sound file), but it certainly doesn't sound human.

Wow! Great job of cleaning this one up OC!
Just letting my imagination get away with me but in one part it almost sounds like it's saying 'It's Heaven".... lol, I'm sure it's not and not to give anyone the impression that I'm a religious person because I'm not but it sorta sounds like it's saying that.
I can't see that we would be getting anything that sounds like English from recordings from this spacecraft and if it does, I'm sure that's just a coincidence and nothing more.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeradical
reply to post by TsunamiLight

Here is a better source for understanding how we hear sound in space:
cse.ssl.berkeley.edu...

Interesting article freeradical! Below is an excerpt from that page:

Most of the sound or music created from space data is not originally from sound waves in space. Rather the sound you hear comes from changing this data, or information, into an audio file that can be played through speakers on a computer or stereo. Changing the data into sound is known as sonification.

Supposing someday beings from other planets will be able to communicate to us in such a way where they know ahead of time that our computers will sonify those communications so that we may be able to understand the information they would be trying to transmit to us. I guess this is the way SETI works right?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Would this mean that the radio emission is much higher than we (humans) can hear? Assuming it had to be sped up twice the original speed and the frequency dropped by 260 factors..
Yes, we ear frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHZ, those radio waves (and I remind that those were radio waves, not ultra-sonic waves), as can be seen from the graph on the NASA page, were from 310kHz to 340kHz (I don't get the 260 factors part, though).

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
How is human linguistics even REMOTELY relevant to alien speech?
Jeez.

more than you think.... every form of vocal communication follows the same rules, more or less. i really dont want to explain it in depth, because it would take way too much time.

there is a rule in linguistics which says that speech is the most useful form of communication, because it can transfer the most information with as little time and energy spent delivering it... i hope you understand what im trying to say.
and that means that if you have to digitally alter the speech patterns in order to make sense of them, change the pitch or the length of the transmissions, you automatically dont have language here...

but then again, i dont know what alien language sounds like, so i cant be the judge here...

but im sure that a supposed alien sentence, or whatever is on the recording, doesnt last a few minutes in any case, because that kind of language would take too long to pass on information, and wouldnt be functional.

and thats just my expert opinion

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join