It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

photo's -MISSION - (don't ask how I got them)....shhhhh

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
hmmm why is it saying "photobucket bandwidth exceeded" on the pics now? strange.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
ACK, I want to see the pictures!!! Not fair *pouts*

I saw the other photos OP have posted. If I was an astronaut, which these pics make me realize that I should have pursued my dream too, that I would NOT want to fly on that shuttle. That would be like driving across the country in the middle of summer in a 74 VW van.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffery2102
hmmm why is it saying "photobucket bandwidth exceeded" on the pics now? strange.

Nah - Photobucket automatically stops serving linked images thanks the bandwidth cap on free accounts.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmclenegan
I provided the photos to share. I assure you these were not models. I won't bother sharing any additional photos if this is the typical reaction to posting to the site.

Relax bud. I still think your pics are awesome and the best Ive seen here to be honest, you should continue to post more.

peace

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
is this the antarctica?
or maybe this is not earth we see?

there are even more anomalies in the pictures.
they look like huge structures.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmclenegan
I provided the photos to share. I assure you these were not models. I won't bother sharing any additional photos if this is the typical reaction to posting to the site.

Don't stop posting images. Stay for a while. There's a good chunk of skeptics on here that just love to try and make people look like idiots. I think it's their job to be on here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and talk trash.

Aliens could land in their front yard, walk up to them and they'd still think it's not real. That it must be some mass hallucination or people in alien costumes trying to play tricks on them.

They feel the need to do whatever they can to prove someone wrong and they won't stop until they think they've done that. Meaning they'll annoy the crap out of you until you say something like "Well if this is how most people are treated on here then I'll leave". That's exactly what they want you to do and you shouldn't let them do it.

I haven't even seen the pictures because of the bandwidth exceeded message so I can't comment on them, but I know how annoying the skeptics can be and how they feel the need to rush into threads and fill it with their garbage.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffery2102

Not really considering the size of these photographs...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
can somebody post these again?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeffery2102

Images Originally Posted by airtrax07
Re-sized and Hosted by damajikninja

Now, I said last night that I had done some research. Sorry for keeping you hanging - I had to go to bed! It was like 3:30AM when defcon5 and I finished up. (You rock, dude!
)

Ok, so the basic gist of what I'm going to say is that not all of these images are from the latest shuttle mission as the OP claimed. I am not here to lynch the OP, rather I am just trying to get the facts straight. So no hard feelings, just denying ignorance.

So lets get started.

The image you are seeing here is just a "zoom-in" on the OP's third image. Notice the logo has HST on it, which stands for Hubble Space Telescope. Also notice the Hubble itself shown in the middle of the logo. We also have 3B displayed in a blue circle on the left of the logo.

So what? Who cares if there's a Hubble patch in the shuttle cargo bay?

Think about it. Why would the latest shuttle mission be sporting a patch from the HST-3B Servicing Mission from back in 2002?

So maybe they just keep the patches on the shuttle after the mission - like saying "i was there".

Unlikely, considering that it was shuttle Columbia that lifted the HST-3B Service run on STS-109 (108). The OP claims that these photos are from the latest shuttle mission, STS-118 with shuttle Endeavour, so why would the HST-3B patch be there?

Look at the original photo again. See that orange-foily box that the HST-3B patch appears on? That is called the RAC (Rigid Array Carrier). You can even see its Hubble cargo mounted above it.

Columbia STS-109 Cargo manifest:

• Middeck:4 EMU spacesuits - 480 kg
  • Bay 4: RAC (Rigid Array Carrier) - 2393 kg. The RAC carried the two folded SA-III rigid solar arrays which replaced the SA-II roll-up arrays. It calso carried the DBA2 diode box assembly which controlled the arrays, and a wire harness and containers associated with the NICMOS cooling system.
  • Bay 7-8: SAC (Second Axial Carrier) - 2517 kg. The SAC was a specially designed pallet that flew on the first two Hubble SM flights, STS-61 and STS-82. On this flight it carried the ACS camera up (and the FOS camera down) as well as the NCS cryocooler, the PCU-R power controller, the CASH wire harness, and the thermal covers used in the PCU replacement.
  • Bay 11: FSS (Flight Support System) - 2111 kg. The FSS first flew on STS 41-C (the Solar Max Repair) and was reused for each of the HST SM flights. It carried the BAPS Berthing and Positioning System, which was the docking ring for HST. Stowed on the FSS were a support post for BAPS and a cover for the HST low gain antenna.
  • Bay 12: MULE (Multi-Use Lightweight Equipment Carrier) - 1409 kg. The MULE carried the NCS radiator, the NCS electronics support module, and the RWA-1R reaction wheel unit. MULE first flew on STS-48 carrying the UARS satellite, and then on STS-95 carrying the HOST payload which tested out the NCS.
  • Sill: RMS arm No 201 - 410 kg

SOURCE | Astronautix.com | Read more...

•  

There is no doubt that this image was taken from the 2002 STS-109 flight.

Again, all I am getting at is that the OP (knowingly or not) posted a mis-truth when he said all of these images are from the last STS-118 mission. I just had to clear that up, and of course prove it, so that everyone would know what they are looking at and not be mislead.

Hey, it's all about denying ignorance, right?

[edit on 9/11/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:21 PM
    link   
    I want to jump on the bandwagon and say Beautiful Photos too!

Alas.. gigantic blurry letters that say

BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED

doesn't strike me as something as majestic as everyone is making it out to be...

[edit on 11-9-2007 by merryxmas]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:34 PM
    link   
    Ahhh thanks for reposting those photos. They are quite magnificent. Although some of them are a bit off. That is to say that the horizon line on the earth is pixellated and showing off as sqaure chunks but I wouldn't discredit it per se based on that as that might be resolution and having trouble with distance and properly displaying atmospheric haze. But because it does show off as pixels I'm guessing the camera isn't analog and its just a side effect of being unable to process those lines correctly.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:14 PM
    link   
    Did I miss something here? The original pics were posted by airtrax007 but now brnclenegan seems to indicate he did bring on these pics? Are they both one and the same?

Anyways, the pics are great and it was real pleasure seeing them

Whoever posted them indeed, it's no big deal if ONE of them is not STS-118 but STS-109.

Carry on

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:21 PM
    link   
    What continent are they above in picture home.comcast.net... if you dont mind me asking?
    Is it New Zealand?
    Lake Wairarapa looks extra brown that day.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by NateNute]

[edit on 11-9-2007 by NateNute]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:46 PM
    link   
    reply to post by shearder

The red band thing is actually legit... check this photo from STS-109...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:21 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Sekhemet

Oh my gosh, that looks like it was a model set on top of a black mirror. Or at least a plate of glass with a dark cloth under it. I'll go for the black mirror, and someone forgot or missed those reflections when photo shoping. There is even another place where the ship looks mirrored where you didn't point out.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:25 PM
    link   
    reply to post by damajikninja

thanks bud!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:27 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Green_57

Are you implying either it is faked, or that it is orbiting another planet/moon where the atmosphere is blue like that, or the other planet/moon is basically totally covered in water?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:10 PM
    link   
    reply to post by NateNute

Originally posted by shearder

Originally posted by Nola213
    Can someone familiar with geography tell me what that is? I mean at first glance I thought it was the South of North America, because it appears like the Texan Northern border is clearly defined in the photo.

It is the Southern part of Australia. The "island" to the "East" which is actually North is Tasmania.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:54 PM
    link   
    Perhaps NASA made a model, and that 3rd picture is just that. You can clearly see plastic peices in there....

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:01 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Green_57
    Duh. I had a bad feeling somebody was going to say that. Everybody knows that stupid 70% water thing and then thinks they're Jacques Cousteau. I know the Earth is 70% water, but the last time I looked at a map the entire 70% wasn't a continuous ocean uninterrupted by land like in that picture.

At the shuttle altitude, around 200 miles, it is quite easy to get a photo where no land can be seen. The limited width of the frame and the curvature of the Earth actually mean you're not seeing as much of the surface as you'd think.

Take a look at this view I created in Google Earth 200 miles over the eastern Pacific...

If you set Google Earth similarly you'll find that you can move around quite a lot without seeing land.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join