It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

photo's -MISSION - (don't ask how I got them)....shhhhh

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Well I'm not sure if you're making fun of me for asking questions or if you're making fun of him for his assertion that Mars is populated, but asking questions doesn't imply belief.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well this ones got other anomalies I lightened it a bit but you can see them in the original pic>

And this one that background looks fake >

And wheres the stars? do they black them out on purpose or is that 'science' why I never see stars in space pix?

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by mikesingh

Well I'm not sure if you're making fun of me for asking questions or if you're making fun of him for his assertion that Mars is populated, but asking questions doesn't imply belief.

Relax Novus! It was all a joke, not directed at anyone! I would like to mention here that I am a firm belever of life on Mars, present as well as ancient. Check out my Mars Critters thread and others on the subject.

And needless to say, I generally believe what John says about life on Mars and us mining the Moon for Helium, Titanium and other esoteric materials. We've had a lot of discussion on this. My other threads mention this too.

If your feelings have been hurt in any way, then the beer is on me!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I read all seven pages of this, and WOW!!!

As usual the members here are great. All the right questions were asked. All the evidence was scrutinized and once again I feel pretty satisfied, based on what I've read, about the OPs photos, and there validity. They are very nice photos by the way.

There were however some very interesting comments and claims made as a result of the OPs photos. Once again the members that I come to recognize over the past few months asked all the right questions about these claims. A lot of which went unanswered or were side stepped by very whitty remarks. I hope to find some of these answers here someday.

Until then thanks for the great read, and thanks Mr. Lear for the very interesting story about mars, and other fun stuff happening around our planet.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hey there xout1! There are a few of us in chat right now trying to figure out some of the mysteries. Me, Defcon5, halfmask, and BenevolentTyrant are doing some research. We'll be sure to post our findings!

Research is ongoing, but for now... I am calling BS on the authenticity of these images... defcon5 and I will make our report soon...

[edit on 9/11/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by airtrax007

Thanks for the new wallpaper airtrax

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
reply to post by Green_57

Lost of places. The Earth is 70% water.

Duh. I had a bad feeling somebody was going to say that. Everybody knows that stupid 70% water thing and then thinks they're Jacques Cousteau. I know the Earth is 70% water, but the last time I looked at a map the entire 70% wasn't a continuous ocean uninterrupted by land like in that picture.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
airtrax, I know you don't want us to ask how you got those pics... but ya wanna tell me anyways?? Cuz I'm 100% positive that at least one of those pics was taken years ago.

Will be posting the results of my research with defcon5 in the morning. See you all then.

[edit on 9/11/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by airtrax007

This one looks like a fake/scale model! I see in the other pics the Astronaut/s have red bands around their legs - this one is all white. May just be a NASA model? OR, hey, i could be just totally wrong but this is not a knock at the OP

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
those astronauts better be careful, the hurrican might suck them into its vortex..also are they using bionueral gelpacks, like in star trek? and lastly, some of the shots look kind of fake. like the second one I think, earth didnt look right and the light/reflections didnts match.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

I think indeed the 7th posted picture and the 2 first you present here aswell are from STS-109, Hubble servicing mission 3b that took place from 03/01/2002 -03/12/2002.

compare and check the link :sm3b.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Greetz guys, I'm a new member here

Originally posted by drunknmunky
Nice pics

Any idea what the object is just above the atmosphere of the earth in the second pic? Interesting...

[edit on 10-9-2007 by drunknmunky]

It's probably a satellite sharing the same orbit path with the ISS.

You can spot the satellite in the first picture also, only a bit dimmer, but in the same area, in relation to the ISS.

Excellent pics btw. Great work

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Can someone familiar with geography tell me what that is? I mean at first glance I thought it was the South of North America, because it appears like the Texan Northern border is clearly defined in the photo.

It is the Southern part of Australia. The "island" to the "East" which is actually North is Tasmania.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I apologise in advance for this, however

Originally posted by Sekhemet
Well this ones got other anomalies I lightened it a bit but you can see them in the original pic>

The 'anomalies' are caused by the resolution change of the photos (being that they are digital, with 'jaggies'), and are actually, the antenna mounts of the station.

And this one that background looks fake >

Don't you get that effect from the aperture settings being wrong, causing dark areas to appear washed out?

And wheres the stars? do they black them out on purpose or is that 'science' why I never see stars in space pix?

Um, refraction of the sun off the surface of that big blue thing (a.k.a. Earth)
causing dimmer objects (like stars) to not show up in the pictures.

[edit on 11-9-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
There simple reason why there are no stars in the picture is that a) the Sun is incredibly bright (one reason why the astronauts have their visors down) and b) that object of the photographs include a number of very bright and reflective surfaces. This means the exposure time has to be very short - certainly too short to capture even the brightest stars.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sweet I Never knew about the stars to this day, like loads of people, Im no spaceman or camera expert, thats why I was asking if it was 'science' or if they were blanked out purposely. Specially when I consider the original moon landing photos are still full of flaws

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I provided the photos to share. I assure you these were not models. I won't bother sharing any additional photos if this is the typical reaction to posting to the site.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

That is what I thought yesterday, when I posted this.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmclenegan
I provided the photos to share. I assure you these were not models. I won't bother sharing any additional photos if this is the typical reaction to posting to the site.

Hi man appreciate what you've posted, but all the pictures are dead. Are you able to upload them again?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
These were random photos. "Some " of which were from the latest Endeavor mission. Answer me this... If I sent five pictures of Aurora and one of a duck most of you would concentrate on invalidating the duck. Boycott ignorance.. I agree. And NO I don't have any in flight or hangar imagery of what you still call Aurora...... Obviously and wouldn't be able to post them if I did. So to the majority of you unfortunately your rudeness means the
"Answer will remain out there". I'll get back to making models.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join