It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concept design for a new more efficient vehicle.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I was thinking of a way to make vehicles more efficient. So I came up with this idea. let me know what you think. All electric, 2 passenger vehicle with light armor. the FVT.

QuickImageHosting.com...

[edit on 10-9-2007 by jedimiller]

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think the "armour" on the sides should be sloped. And I think the axle for the centre wheel should be further back so that the vehicle will be better balanced.

Also, I think think that the centre wheel might be improved upon if it had spokes instead of a plate. It'd be lighter, and at slower speeds the pilot and passenger could possibly communicate with hand gestures.

And I think that there should be a spoiler to help keep the vehicle on the ground. It could be a wing at the back of each carriage (which are currently angled for upward flight, I think. Can you angle their ends differently to press them toward the earth?).

And windows on the sides of the cabins (both sides) would be helpful. Visibility is good.

Fuggle

[edit on 11/9/07 by Fuggle]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
WOW, those are really good ideas. I tried to place the center well on the center. I think the drawing is not showing it that way. but it's supposed to be in the center, so the two cabins on the side, just balance out with the center wheel. I do have a window on the top of each pod, to get light in there. It's all electric, so you can't have any light inside, but solar. I tried to make the well out of rubber, not air inflated, but all rubber, so it would never flat. it would also bounce easily and support the center while moving. it's not a very fast vehicle. it's mostly for long road trips. and yes, spoilers are good. if this could be made easily i'm all for it. the 2 front tires control the vehicle side to side, while the center wheel only spins. thanks fuggle.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 16-9-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

join