It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

download problems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have been trying to download atsmix 17, but it randomly stop and says completed anywhere between 1mb and 5mb even though the file is 19mb. Anyone else had this problem? If not then i am assuming it is my pathetic internet connection. TIA.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I had that problem with one of the downloads I did, and have had that happen occasionally in the past. Now what i do is use wget for larger downloads, or ones that fail. If you are on linux/mac it should be already installed, or easy to install, if you are on windows you can get it here:

gnuwin32.sourceforge.net...

The program has never failed for me yet, but according to the documentation, if a download fails, it can recover and continue where it left off.

It's a command line tool, so you would have to open a console and type

wget [URL]

There are other more graphical programs available too, if you can't stomach a command line, the general class of programs are often known as "download managers". I'm not sure what ones to recommend, but a google search should find you some information. You have to be wary though of so called "download accelerators", I've heard a lot of bad things about these type of programs.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero314If not then i am assuming it is my pathetic internet connection. TIA.

I would suggest you leave Australia, and move to a nation where the internet is worth a damn.

...and take me with you!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ringo_shells

Originally posted by zero314If not then i am assuming it is my pathetic internet connection. TIA.

I would suggest you leave Australia, and move to a nation where the internet is worth a damn.

...and take me with you!

Mate i would love to, I am still on damn dial up becuase of Australia's ignorance in keeping up with the 21st century!

BTW My download problem is fixed, It was my dodgey internet connection.

top topics

join