It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 1st TinWiki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here goes nothing, my first article. I know it's brief, but I focused on getting the gist of the subject first. The Sept. 10 imaging means this entry will get updated soon anyway. Please critique. Mysteries of Iapetus

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That is a really good entry, especially for your first try. You just need to categorize it. I wasn't sure if you wanted to put it in as a science category or an aliens and ufo's category. Or maybe both... It's up to you. I also see you were having some issues aligning the pictures to the left. I am trying to look into it, but I am not really certain why the images won't line up on the left. There has to be a solution to it, other than making big spaces in the text. I am having a similar issue with one of the templates.
WOS

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thanks a lot William. I thought the alignment issue was just me not knowing what I was doing! It should probably go in the science category--I hadn't even noticed/thought about categorization.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
yuefo,

Good article, congratulations! I am glad you have begun creating new pages now, in addition to the corrections on existing articles.

The "phenomenon" going on with text floating around images like that is due to the setting called "align". That setting causes exactly that type of arrangement on the page. The setting can be applied to both images and tables. You have used it to left align the tables containing the image codes, and that is why the text "floats" around on the right side.

yuefo and William One Sac, the image template contains similar settings to right align images in this same way, which is why images are placed to the right when using that code/template; it is supposed to do just that, allowing text on the free area to the left. (Click "view source" here.) It is possible to place images directly on the page without using the image template. But then the other stuff like a link to the image description page is lost.

Perhaps a second, left aligned, image template could be created, for variation? Just a thought.

Optimist

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks Optimist.

Regarding alignment, what you said makes sense. Now that you've explained what's going on, I'm going to go back to the entry and see if I can retool it so I don't have those large gaps in the edit page. One accidental result of using the codes I did is that 2 of the images inadvertantly wound up side-by-side, which I decided looked rather nice. My tinkering will probably wreck that, but we'll see--it'll be ok either way.

new topics

top topics

join