It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 minute Audio should be mandatory for every Adult and child, in every school on the planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
As title suggests

3 minutes of your life to watch this please all do. the video is unimportant the words should be taught in every classroom on the planet once a week
in every language.

i speculate that this would change the world entirely.
i posted this before but messed a few things up in the thread and it didnt get the attention imho it deserves .. i hope it does now.

[edit on 9/9/07 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Was that Carl Sagan? Sounded like him in his later years.

Though, would sound better from Leonard Nimoy haha.

My comments on the words/video: Propaganda

That's really about it.

Jasn

Edit: Your signature has a tiny spelling error. Not poking fun, just letting you know.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Heh thanx for the heads up regarding sig changed

Propaganda is the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist.

Propoganda?!? i think the overall msg is be nice to each other regardless..

what agenda do u think Mr sagan is trying to promote?

hey man Archvillian? against the ats avengers?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   

My comments on the words/video: Propaganda

While the video will be useful if I ever have insomnia, just what agenda is this propaganda promoting?

It has a nice, benign message about taking care of our only home. No politics, religion, or agenda....so how is it propaganda?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ask any parent -- "Watch this" really just doesn't do it to transform a child.

The transformation needs to go on at the ADULT level, so the adults will change the children and teach them how to grow up right. And "watch this" doesn't work to change the lives of the adults, either.

Since the advent of YouTube vids, everyone has been saying "watch this" about millions of videos and there hasn't been that much change.

Sermons reach large numbers and change them because the message gets reinforced by membership in the church and by other sermons. A single video, no... you're overestimating its impact.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Its more a listen/read this not a watch this thing the video is unimportant . but yes you are correct every adult should also listen .

even the smallest phrase has the power to change the world. did not martin luthers speech change the world?...

ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country .... did this not inderictly change the world in one sentance?

**Title edited to take this view into account***

i just thought starting at grass roots level would be a start . because as you pointed out most of the world are glass is half empty people at the moment

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

ATS's Archvillain.

The Avengers I am an honorary member of, hence Steve's little signature that I made.....though he messed with the colors a bit and screwed it up haha.

Steve is my negro.

Perhaps "wishful thinking" would have been better than "propaganda"??

Some of us are here to help the world through caring and compassion and some of us are here to shake the world up so those who change through compassion will be compelled to act.

A little bit of hellraising and destruction may be just what this Earth needs. After all, that's how she fixes her problems. She doesn't ask, she DEMANDS.

Jasn

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. If the only thing it does is puts a smile on your face, isn't that enough.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei

ATS's Archvillain.

The Avengers I am an honorary member of, hence Steve's little signature that I made.....though he messed with the colors a bit and screwed it up haha.

Steve is my negro.

Perhaps "wishful thinking" would have been better than "propaganda"??

Why are ya always in a negative mood bro, just listen to what QS gotta say, you really love to go against people's thoughts on subjects, which is a good thing for the whole "I'm a Villian" thing ya got goin' on.Sorry for goin' off topic but why ya have to talk about the signature behind my back, I changed the color alittle bit so that the rest of the squad wouldn't be bothering me of it lookin' like a" bat with two balls"

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by steve-o

thanx bud appreciate your comments.. i know everyone watches this.......... ( number of views but no one ever replies) it is indicative of how scared people are of actually trying to do something for the greater good. the world is a glass is half empty type of a place at the moment.

if like minded people actually tried to make a collective statement and stand for truth and justice!! (avengers assemble!!) the glass would be overflowing.. people are allowing the minority of terror provokers and scaremongerers to rule us all .......

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow sure does make you feel kinda small... but it is good. It brings out the reality of our situation. We are but dust, yes dust. And when you peer into that microscope you are actually seeing our true reality. And when the beings you look at through your microscope look through their own microscope they see their own reality as well... and so on and so on, forever and ever, it never ends. Like a giant pyramid with no top. Thus is life, forever ongoing, and never ending. Scary? Yes.

Now go to sleep, you got work tomorrow.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by Techsnow]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I really like this clip. Stuff like this needs to be seen, it gives you three minutes where you understand that you aren't the only thing in the universe that matters. It's a chance for people to realize that the world does not revolve around them, and if they'd just stop being self-centered and realize that somehow they are not alone in all this, their world would be instantly better.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
its a bit new-agey for my liking. I understand the concept, it's just a bit dramatic and redundant.

If I were to pick a 3 minute clip that would be mandatory, it would most likely be from Joseph Campbell.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

do something for the greater good

That statment implies that you owe something for being born into this world. Freedom allows one to make any choice. Killing of a few billion people would be "for the greater good" but you won't see that happen till it's too late. If anything, it(that video) shows how meaningless helping anyone or anything actually is. It won't matter, you are just on a speck of dust in the infinate space. There is no real reason to promote your own species except out of ego, and other base animal insticts.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by LordBaskettIV]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

yeah man u have a choice thats the whole point i hope u choose wisely a choice that benefitss all regardless of what they do or were they come from....

to pick four words out of a paragraph and make a sweeping statement ... this is what is wrong with everything...

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
BUMP listen and learn human beings!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Bump as video is relevant in such times

not a one line post

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Sorry original link missing , here is updated version

[edit on 10/8/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Bump..."Video is no longer avaliable"...message enevitably lost...humanity is doomed!

Edit: Thanks for the link fix.

Edit#2: Very depressing. I wonder if the atoms feel the same way as pale blue dots in a vast enviroment...

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Taledus]

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Taledus]

new topics

top topics

join